Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Great empties!  I've been realizing I need a daily moisturizer with more SPF so glad to hear your recco for the Josie Maran moisturizer and that's a huge plus that it helps with redness.

I second that rec - I have the jumbo size because I cannot live without it!

Empties!!!  It's embarrassing how excited I am for this.  And for those who are curious I DID finish the pickles when packing my lunch this morning but I did not take a picture.  

Loves:

IMG_0458.jpg

Spoiler

DevaCurl Styling Cream - This combined with their light gel is my HG curl product.  Prior to this I was using a LivingProof product for cults that I thought I liked but this one surpasses anything else I've ever tried.  Already repurchased and have a new container open.  This also lasted me slightly under a year which I don't think is bad.

Aquafresh Extreme Clean Whitening Action

Lush Almond & Coconut Shower Smoothie Sample

Ole Henriksen Power Peel - I brought this on my Italy trip to destress a facial-like experience.  I always waver on whether I like Ole Henriksen's products since so many seem good but not amazing, but I really, really like this.  That said, I wish the three steps were available in individual, full sized containers as I don't see myself spending full price for foils!  Maybe if I spot this on sale at TJ Maxx.

First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads - I liked these because I am lazy and sometimes not in the mood to exfoliate and they seemed to do a good job but I have a ton of other exfoliating products so I think I need to use those up first.

Clinique lower lash mascara - I could never do my lower lashes before this.  It's amazing, though it does dry up rather fast.  Already repurchased.

Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara - I really loved this.  Can't repurchase yet as I have stockpiled mascaras but definitely one I'm considering once I finally run out.

Buxom Full On Lip Polish in Sugar - OMG I love this so much.  I'm fighting the urge to repurchase since I also have this lip gloss in Dolly.  It's just such a flattering universal shade for me.  But really, I have so many lip glosses I need to use up first.

Glytone Retexturize Exfoliating Body Wash - I get this from my derm for back acne.  Not glamorous but it does the job.

Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet - I really, really like how this feels on my skin.  Definitely something I'm considering purchasing BUT have other lotions to get through first.

Glamglow Super Mud - I also have a container of this so I know I love it.  It's a HG for me as a spot treatment.

Caudalie Premier Cru The Elixir - I have chronically dry skin so I've been cocktailing this with my Caudalie SOS serum.  I really do think these two products together make a meaningful difference in my skin.  But with the $99 price tag I want to see if any oil could do this job or if this one is special, so I'm going through my stash and trying others.  Currently trying the Marula Pure Marula Facial Oil and have other samples of oils in my stash so we'll see.  After having acne to varying degrees since my teen years oil has always seemed "bad" to me but now I'm broadening my perspective.

IMG_0459.jpg

Spoiler

Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel - Saying I like this may be a bit generous.  It's fine, it gets the job done, but I don't love it.  It lasted me a REALLY long time because I kept switching off with other cleansers.

Boscia Luminizing Black Mask - I seem to have a few samples of these in my stash so this wasn't my first time using this.  I can never decide if it is doing something for my skin or not.  I'm not sure it really shrinks my pores or helps with inflammation.  I think it was worth the 100 pts though.

Studio 35 Non accetone Nail Polish Remover Wipes - These do the job.  After trying the Josie Maran wipes I'm grateful I only need one per hand.

Peter Thomas Roth Bio-Repair Gel Mask - Not sure whether this really did anything, but it felt nice on.

Ocean Salt (Self Preserving) - I think I like the regular ocean salt better.  Glad I tried this before switching over.

Glamglow Youth Mud - It's good but I like other Glamglow masks better.

Origins Mask - this was a custom sample so I can't remember if it is Drink it Up or Calm Your Senses, though leaning toward the former.  Good but not revolutionary.

Sephora by OPI nail polish remover - Does the job at removing soak-off gel polish.

Caviar Repair Instant Recovery Shampoo and Conditioner - These were good but Davines Oi is my HG for shampoo and conditioner and these didn't convince me to switch.

Living Proof PHD Night Cap Overnight Perfecter - I really wanted to love this because the concept of an overnight treatment for my hair is cool.  It was good but I'm not sure I saw as much of a difference as I wanted to even though the SA was pretty generous with my samples.  Would love to see this pop up as a GWP so I can trial more.

Meh/so-so:

IMG_0462.jpg

Spoiler

Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels - I'm not sure these had much if any effect and I enjoyed the feeling of having these on less than other similar eye gels.

Yes to Cucumbers Soothing On-the-Go Facial Towelette - Loved the smell of these and would be nice for just refreshing skin, but saying they remove makeup is an over promise.

Sephora Instant Moisturizer

Sephora Super Supreme Body Butter

Garnier Ultra-Lift Miracle Sleeping Cream - I like other sleeping creams I've tried better and the scent was just too much.

Caudalie Instant Detox Mask - This didn't really do anything for me and I didn't really enjoy the feeling of having it on my face.

Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser - I think this actually should have been in the likes pile.  It was pretty good, though nothing I'm rushing out to buy.

Pure Minerals Purely Moisturizing Facial Moisturizer

Kirkand Daily Facial Towelettes - These are fine but I so can't wait to be done with them, and of course, I still have SO many left.

Dr. Jart Night BB Beauty Balm - I still don't think I get the point of this product.

Lancome Cils Booster XL

Nope:

IMG_0463.jpg

Spoiler

Ultra Bland - I think this type of concealer is just not for me.

Big Shampoo and R&B Hair Moisturizer - Didn't care for these either.

They're Real - Words don't describe how much I hate this mascara.  It came in a box set I got for Christmas and I knew from first use I hated the formula and the applicator.  I moved on to other mascaras and it just sat there and I finally convinced myself to throw it away.

Cetaphil Skin Restoring Body Wash - Full disclosure, this may have been in my sample stash for awhile so it may have gone bad.  But man the smell was terrible.  I almost gagged.

Holy moly - that's some major damage! Probably feels good to clean that much out of your stash in a month! 

My only 😞 is the dislike of the Lancome Cils Booster primer! I love that stuff - currently using that same sample from an old 100 point perk. 

Thanks!  It does, though somehow my drawers and baskets are still full to the gills so I still have a serious amount of product to work my way through.  My hauls always seem so puny compared to the ladies on here but it stills seems like I have so much sometimes.  And yes.  It felt great. Some of the products were things I'd been working on for awhile so I just needed to finish them up or accept that I didn't love them (in the case of They're Real) and toss them up so they wouldn't keep cluttering up my drawer.

I know Re: Lancome Cils  Booster.  I really wanted to like it too!  Don't know if it is the texture of my lashes or my skin chemistry or what but some products that are major loves for other ladies here just don't work for me.

You did a great job, but I admit I am disappointed they were not presented in the pickle jar.  That would have been awesome!  

Hahaha.  Thanks!

Just FYI- the Ole Henriksen Power Peel is available in full size containers (instead of foils) through QVC. It's not cheap. 1 oz bottles of all three is $95 + S/H. 

Thanks again for the tip.  What's weird is if my math serves me well it's actually cheaper to do the foils than to do the 3 containers even though the containers have more product (1 ounce each vs .6 each in the six pack of foils).  However, I'd probably get more use out of the containers since the foils were pretty generous and if I were using containers I wouldn't use that much on my face.  Hmmm.... 

You're right- the larger containers are actually more expensive. Paying for 6 treatments for $45 (full price), you get an extra 0.2 oz by buying the foils. Weird. 

Yes, it's totally bizarre.  I've always assumed that if you buy more product you're getting a better deal, or at a minimum, paying the same price per ounce.  The only thing I can think is that it's more expensive to produce 3 products in jars than foils so you're paying for plastic and the convenience of using as much at a time as you want.

Jeyrosella - Thanks!  I had never thought to check out QVC, I just figured that since it wasn't on Sephora or Ole Henriksen's website it must not be available.  Will check it out.

Another impressive lippie finish this month!  I admire the dedication to one lip product.

I am completely confused by a BB night balm.  What is that supposed to be?  Is it tinted like their BB creams?  A night makeup?  I need the smiley with all the question marks above his head...

& I'm laughing at the name "ultrabland" - it just seems like the saddest name for a product! 😄

Thank you!  I love that lip gloss.  Will be curious to see which will become my go to now.  For awhile it was a Laura Mercier lipgloss but I think it might be misplaced in one of my many handbags.

Honestly I sampled the night BB balm and I'm still trying to figure out what it is supposed to be.  It's less tinted than a normal BB cream but still has some tint to it.  I'm still not convinced about why I need tint at night time.  I found myself thinking that maybe it was for those girl who hate going bare faced, even at bed time, but if you have skin issues the difference it makes is pretty marginal.  I'm prone to redness after using retinoids and the like before bed and it's definitely not enough to counteract it.

And yes, ultra bland is a super sad name for a product.  That's like a worse insult than calling someone basic or norm core.

That's super bizarre.  A lightly tinted night cream that doesn't even cover redness from retinol.  Sounds basically useless, IMO.

Yeah, that's how I felt shadetertiary.   But working in marketing I'm frankly not that surprised.  There have been more times than I can count that we were expected to sell a product with a minor "upgrade" that had little to know actual benefit to the end consumer.

You seem to try s lot of the same hair products that I do, have you tried Kerastase before? If so, what did you think?

The first thing that caught my eye in your first picture was the empty MJ gloss! That's impressively clean!

I once got to that point with that same Fresh Sugar Rose balm, but it was because it went through the wash. :'(

Definitely feel better about missing the Lancome promo.  Any loves? 

I'm so impressed with those lippies!  I'm making it my goal to finish one in the next 6 months.  These are awesome!

13 Replies
testing