Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Good to know!  I have a couple bar soaps from some holiday boxes that I had planned on adding to a TSB, but may try at least one of them based on your recco.

I think this is probably a combo of May/June here.  Trying to get through samples and deluxes, with a plan ahead for finishing up skin care that's been started, but neglected, and grouping samples/deluxes for other stuff I want to try.

upload_2054914225483200112.jpg

Love, would buy again: 

Spoiler

Algenist Genius-C - I really think this stuff has made a difference in my skin clarity and brightness. Love it!

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Oil - I like it, I still have some more samples to go through.  I would buy this.

Byredo Mojave Ghost Perfume - Really nice, subtle fragrance.

Sephora Konjac Sponges - I love these way more than expected.  I keep one in the shower and one on the sink now - they are so soft and feel wonderful to clean without stripping. 

Fresh Soy Cleanser - I'm so behind the times, but I love how gentle this is, but effective for removing makeup.

Glo Toothpaste (Lavender) - Tasted great, made me enjoy brushing my teeth, not sure about whitening.

Givenchy Dahlia Divin sample - I already own full size, I love this for a sweet, foody floral

Phytojoba Shampoo

PTR Moor Mud - that was my last sample, I need to buy it.

Good/Okay: 

Spoiler

Mini mascaras from Tarte, Lancome, Korres

D&G Intenso

Philosophy Sea of Love Body Lotion - nice but a tiny sample!

Caudalie Peel Mask

Lancome Genefique - I thought I was just using them up to use them up, but I actually really liked them and looking at pictures, I feel it may have helped my skin.  But I have too many serums to use up, so maybe some time in the future I would buy this!

Need more use: 

Spoiler

Lancome Tient Miracle - 1x I used seemed great, another time didn't last, nice coverage and finish though, would sample again before buying

Lea Journo - Shampoo & conditioner - was good but didn't blow me away

Dr. Jart Ceramidin - seems a nice basic moisturizer

Estee Lauder perfectionist - I never get a good result from foundations on cards, I don't know why they do it, but I'd like to get a sample in store some day.

Clarins Body Oil

Kiehls Wrinkle Reducing - didn't like the smell and it's very thick - I used on my decollete, which was fine

SKII Skin Signature moisturizer - finished up the last, it's nice but would need to try again to justify price!

Did not like at all: 

Spoiler

Kaplan Pout - Tasted horrible, who wants to be eating sunscreen? Balm was very short-lived on the lips. Saw no positive results from this.

PTR De Spot - Smelled bad enough and pilled under makeup so I didn't use beyond a couple of tries. (Sorry PTR, I usually love everything you make!)  

Clarins Gentle Eye Makeup Remover: I did not bother trying to finish, doesn't work on long wearing mascara, too much rubbing/tugging

Not pictured: Clinique Rinse Off Eye Makeup Remover Deluxe - I didn't use it up, I dumped it, it does not work on a lot of mascaras 

Full-sizes: upload_3912323042849258504.jpg

I liked the Mitchum deodorant a lot. Liked the Sun Streaks, but this was very old! Liked the Alba Botanica, but need something a bit more long lasting moisture for my hair.  Just using up the Bellederm serum and Salicylic Acid spot treatment form the dermatologist from a while ago.  The Vitamin serum was great after peels, or sunburns, etc. and I like the Salicylic for spot treatments, seemed to help them go away faster! The Grow Luscious and Cargo mascara are older items I was cleaning out - they were both meh for me.   Hated the Degree spray - every few years I buy a spray and hate it, feels like it's giving some horrible respiratory disease.  Note to self - NEVER buy these again!  

All in all - focusing on finishing up some products is helping me not to buy so much on impulse, and my skin is looking better by sticking to more of a consistent regimen vs constantly trying new things, so I'm feeling good about that, thanks BT!

I 100% agree with what you wrote about finishing products as a deterrent to buying things on impulse.  Trying to fully use up my products made me realize how many products I have use before getting bored or moving on to  something else or how often I stock up on something because it's a good deal without really asking myself if I love it.

Also I love how many samples you used, and especially that you used multiples of skincare samples to better assess the results.  Some of those skincare samples are really hard to suss out otherwise.  I find it nearly IMPOSSIBLE to tell if I like a serum, for example from just a single foil.

Your post is also a good reminder that if I don't love something it's better to pitch it than just letting it hog space in my drawer.  Sometimes I have a hard time parting with products that are perfectly good even when I know I'm unlikely to use them and they will just go bad anyway.

Genifique is a thin, activating serum.  While it works well on its own, you can combine it with almost any other thicker serum (applying the Genifqiue first, of course).  Then, you will have no problem using them up.  Glad you liked it.

Thanks, a great tip!

june empties!!!

IMG_5011

loves 

Spoiler
  • bioderma wipes – at first i wasn’t sure about these, simply because i LOVE my shiseido wipes!  i’ve fallen in love with these! these wipes are thick, large and work so well!! i actually cut the wipes in half to get more bang for my buck!
  • cinema secrets brush cleaner – i have to admit i HATE the scent on this!!  the alcohol scent is too harsh for my delicate nose 😛 however, i love the clean these give my brushes! it’s fast and effective
  • nivea hydro care lip balm – i am NEVER without this baybee!!!

Spoiler
  • bare minerals illuminating touch up veil
  • almay makeup eraser sticks – i always have some of these – i’m not finicky on brand – these were good but not special
  • fab facial radiance pads – i’m currently without these and haven’t noticed a change in my skin – i probably will not repurchase
  • l’oreal voluminous – this was ok but i feel like it dried up super quick
  • cotton rounds – these were ok but did leave little white fuzzies which i’m not a fan of
  • paula’s choice kp treatment cloths – i want to try more of these in order to make up my mind

IMG_5012

loves 

Spoiler
  • urban decay all nighter setting spray
  • chi silk infusion – i only use this when i straighten my hair – it protects my hair, keeps it from getting frizzy and keeps it shiny!
  • lancome bi-facial
  • living proof perfect hair day – this is another product that i use only when i straighten my hair but i love it
  • givency black taffela volume mascara

meh

Spoiler
  • clinique custom repair serum
  • clarins eye contour serum
  • ren active 7 eye gel

no

• Spoiler
    clinique lash feathering mascara

IMG_5013

loves 

Spoiler
  • soap and glory righteous butter
  • jill stuart body milk
  • hyaluronic acid moisturizing mask

meh

Spoiler
  • nivea in shower body lotion
  • tony moly dual sleeping mask
  • fresh black tea instant perfecting mask
  • glam glow bright mud
  • josie maran argan infinity cream
  • palmer’s cocoa butter
  • urban decay primer potion – original, eden
  • boscia black strips
  • kiehl’s epidermal micro-derm

I skipped posting my April empties because there weren't many so here are my combined April + May empties.

IMG_9294.JPG

Would (re)purchase

Spoiler
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock (has been my staple forever)
FAB Ultra Repair Cream (I use this mostly on my poor dry hands)
DDG peel pads (just started a regimen to combat my dark spots)
Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
Glamglow Youthmud
Nude Omega Cleansing Jelly (I have a full size open, this was just the last foil I had)
Karuna Hydrating Mask (looove!)
Kaplan MD Lip Mask (the card I have had both the mask and the balm. I was able to use both twice and the mask was amazing but the balm pales in comparison to my good ol Vaseline)
Soap & Glory Hand Food (I always have a tube in my purse)
Jack Black Asian Pear Lip Balm (love this stuff for daytime use)
NYX Control Freak Brow Gel (so good that it has replaced the ABH one for me)
Bite Lush Lip Wipes (these are amazing esp at removing matte liquid lippies)

Still need to test further

Spoiler
belif Aqua Bomb (I liked it but not sure still. I have a deluxe to break into)
MUFE #2 primer
Mizon Water Max Aqua Gel Cream - loved the feeling, want to try it some more

big fat NO

Spoiler
Korres Greek Yoghurt Wipes - I normally like the Greek Yoghurt line (I love the sleeping facial and the primer) but this smells AWFUL.   I would never return a pack of wipes so I begrudgingly used this up.  

Have not shared here since my Jan empties, so these are from Feb.  I was tempted to order a replacement Bumble and Bumble Oil during the recent sample offers, but they all look like the same faulty tubes.  And, I ordered a bit of shampoos lately, so I am pretty stocked.

February 2015 Empties.jpg

image.jpg

HG/Maintenance Products - Head & Shoulders, Morrocanoil Extra Volume Shampoo, Glamglow Supermud, Hourglass Mineral Veil, Boscia Konjac Sponge, Clinique Sunscreen
Loves - Fresh Rose Face Mask (Repurchased), Sephora Green Tea Mask (Repurchased)
Likes - Tory Burch Perfume (I have a full-size of this that's been unopened since February, I can't seem to make up my mind about it. I think it may be that I love Chloe way too much to switch.)
Indifferences - Tatcha Serum, Tatcha Moisture Rich Silk Creme, Karuna mask, Missha Mask

Anonymous Insider

WP_20150602_002.jpg

Rebuy - BM Combination moisturizer

Very interested in buying - Jurlique Fruit Enzyme Exfoliator

Unsucessful - Gross pads, BM Complexion Rescue in Natural (too dark)

Finally finished my last Purely Bright Sample! I enjoyed the TH Rejuvinating serum and Purifying cleanser, but one go isn't good enough to determine if they are as good or better than what I am already using. I like using the regen cleanser on my forehead, I get some really stubborn under the skin bumps there and this breaks them up.

I think that is the hard part about skincare samples.  Unless you amass a few of them it's hard to really know if they are going to do anything.

Anonymous Insider

Acute observation! I think it took three of the Jurlique purely brightening to see it do anything.

I am laughing like crazy that you wrote Unsuccessful - Gross Pads.  While I love them, I appreciate the humor.

Anonymous Insider

The darn things do no miracles for me when I need them to. I think my expectations are too high, especially since they sting like Stridex pads. So happy to give you some laughs! 😄

Always love seeing people's experiences with products.  I have that Benefit sample so I'm curious to try it out and see if it does anything for me.  The only thing I've tried on that lis is the B&B thickening conditioner.  It seems to make my hair feel so odd when wet and requires a lot of additional products to get it feeling soft, but admittedly my hair is already thick so the last thing I need is a thickening conditioner.

I keep seeing this Lancome line pop up and go searching for it but can never find it.  Where did you get these samples?  

It is annoying when companies label toner as lotion.  I am unsure why, but I have seen La Mer, Erno Laszlo and others do that as well.

So, I finally went to place my order for this, and I see they are gone.  Boo.  Lancome direct does not even carry this line.  At least you did not like the toner.  That provides some solace.

Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 11.54.47 PM.png

I missed this one completely and this promo is right up my alley.  I may need to place another order.  Thanks so much.

thanks so much beauty2sample, this will be the next code i use 😄 

testing