Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

IMG_1762.JPG

Loves:

UD Deslick - Will repurchase this forever. Love love love.

Joico K-Pak Hair Mask - I have another travel size and a full size. It really helped my hair when I was dyeing it.

FAB Face Cleanser - I have several of these as well as a ton of other cleansers I need to use up before repurchasing.

FAB Ultra Repair Cream - Love this stuff when I sometimes get dry patches

Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipes - Love these but I found some Equate brand I love better and you get twice the amount for half the price. 

Meh:

VS Bodywash - Smelled good. Nothing Special.

Storebrand nail polish remover - Took a little while to take all the polish off.

Sweet Pea bodywash - Got this in a gift set. Mehh.

Lady Speedstick Deodorant - Got this in a pinch from the hotel I stayed at when my grandpa was in the hospital. I love my Dove a whole lot more.

I did that too the first couple of times I started collecting empties. 😞

What a tragedy! 😞

Anonymous Insider

I'm really proud of myself this month. And last month. These are empties for March and April. 

Loves:
NEST wasabi pear body cream
Origins White Tea antioxidant cleanser

Origins active charcoal mask

Dior Nude Air Serum foundation

Fresh Seaberry face oil

Fresh Seaberry restorative body cream (smells exactly like the oil, very thick and moisturising)
Clinique Clinical Clearing Gel (have a full size of this actually, just used a sample on a trip)
GlamGlow SuperMud cleanser (just like regular Supermud when I left it on like a mask, I don't know if it's a good idea though)

B&B Thickening hairspray

B&B Thickening Shampoo+Conditioner
Origins Make a difference+
Living Proof satin hair serum
GlamGlow Thirstymud cleanser

L'Oreal lip pencil in eternal mauve

Bite Beauty double lipstick in lychee/musk from last year (too creamy, doesn't last long)

Meh:
Purity Made Simple
Algenist Genius eye cream
Fresh Rose face mask (too sticky,smells weird)
ExfoliKate - I don't get it, why is this so popular?
Tatcha marula cleansing oil - didn't even take off my makeup
Living Proof curl cleansing conditioner+styling treatment
Clinique for men deodorant (leaves white stains everywhere, used up but would not repurchase)
Sephora Body Wash with random citrus scent - meh. doesn't even make decent foam 
A bunch of random perfume vials

11206092_10205630012042771_6643024677493096666_n.jpg

Wasabi Pear Lotion? That sounds heavenly! Ditto on the ExfoliKat

Anonymous Insider

Wasabi Pear body cream was my favorite body product. It smelled like the ripest, most delicious pear, only a hint of wasabi. Unfortunately Sephora doesn't carry it anymore 😞 

I think I saw the perfume at TJ maxx recently.

I was just going to say that I bought the cream, body wash and body spray at Marshalls recently. $13 for the spray and $8 for the others. Insanely good deal for these high quality products.

I totally feel the same way about the ExfoliKate.  I just don't get what is supposed to be so great about it.  It never did anything special for me and I even had the small size at one time (which later got passed to a friend).

Anonymous Insider

I feel the same way about Eve Lom's cleanser. I had to make sure I didn't hallucinate when I saw the price. Why is it so outrageously expensive? the only thing good about this sample was the little muslin cloth that came with it. It's pretty good size and I still use it with other cleansers 🙂

I totally agree about the Eve Lom one.  I got a bunch of samples from Nordstrom and after using one I've passed the rest to friends.  It was a good sample because each one came with a mini cloth.  

Hmmmm, I've got five samples of that stuff.  I'm curious as to which side I'll be on with it.  I'll let you know at the end of the month:) 

Anonymous Insider

Maybe you will be able to see the difference with five samples. I used 2 (got 4 uses out of 2 samples) and didn't see anything at all. Maybe you will have better luck with it 🙂

Sounds good.  🙂

IMG_4480.JPG

Wow, no wonder my skin's been so bad this month—I didn't use any sheet masks.

Most loved: Glossier Priming Moisturizer. I will repurchase this once I use up some more moisturizer samples.

Most hated: UD Perversion mascara. This did nothing for me except give me slightly spidery, clumpy lashes.

Just curious, what is the It's a 10 item?

A conditioner. I always go through conditioner much faster than shampoo. I believe it's from its "silky" range or whatever it's called.

Ohhh ok. 

Do those remover wipes actually work for you?   I haven't ever found any that make me feel like I'm actually clean.  

Ha, I love the perversion mascara and how super black it is.  It's hard to believe it's on a most hated list, lol.  

I use makeup wipes to get most of the stuff off before I Clarisonic. (Or let's be real: I use a makeup wipe while yawning, proclaim it "good enough" and go to bed.)

Actually, this time around the competition was much stronger for most loved than most hated, so I think the mascara got there just by being mediocre. I will say that I didn't even have it open a month before tossing it, though. 

Yeah okay.  Mascaras may not seem to same after trying a couple that really impress you.  

testing