Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Just curious, what is the It's a 10 item?

A conditioner. I always go through conditioner much faster than shampoo. I believe it's from its "silky" range or whatever it's called.

Ohhh ok. 

Do those remover wipes actually work for you?   I haven't ever found any that make me feel like I'm actually clean.  

Ha, I love the perversion mascara and how super black it is.  It's hard to believe it's on a most hated list, lol.  

I use makeup wipes to get most of the stuff off before I Clarisonic. (Or let's be real: I use a makeup wipe while yawning, proclaim it "good enough" and go to bed.)

Actually, this time around the competition was much stronger for most loved than most hated, so I think the mascara got there just by being mediocre. I will say that I didn't even have it open a month before tossing it, though. 

Yeah okay.  Mascaras may not seem to same after trying a couple that really impress you.  

I agree - that's two on this page alone who hated Perversion.  I love it so much - it's so smooth and silky!

Anonymous Insider

I'm confused, who's the other person?

Eek, now I've confused myself too!  I just scrolled back - Maybe it was actually your post, but now I see that you just said it's not the look you're going for.  Otherwise, I had the thread sorted wrong and also commented on some posts from 2013, so take anything I say with a grain of salt!  I was just thinking I was surprised to see two people not love it. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's responded to posts that were over two years old.  Ha!  It's especially funny when you get a reply from the person who posted it. 

Eeep I'm a couple days late!  Here's my empties for April! image.jpgimage.jpg

I will be, I want to, or I have already repurchased- 

hourglass mineral veil foundation-  this one was in fair.  It was really yellow in me so if there is a lighter shade I will be buying again. 

Beauty blender solid-  a must have item.

Maybelline age rewind concealer-  this is nice and light and covers my undereye darkness and brightens my face beautifully.  It needs a finishing powder or it will crease but I really love the final result it gives.  $8 well spent.  I already repurchased. 

Kat von d lock it tattoo foundation-  this sample rocked!  It's heavier coverage than I usually use but gave a beautiful photo finish!  It's on my shopping list for when I get through another foundation. 

Bite lip wipes-  I still have lots of these but love them to death!  They remove even the darkest and driest lip pigment fully and easily in a couple swipes.  

Wow, this is ridiculously impressive for one month!

It looks more impressive than it is.   I would be more inclined to call the stuff I don't use ridiculous;).  

Some months you just get lucky and finish a bunch of near empty stuff off.  I've been targeting certain items to use up and using them exclusively trying to clear up a little space.  

Nice job getting through Those!

Thanks!  It's very satisfying pushing through my stash.  I just need to remember to buy less than I use to get things back down to a more reasonable amount.  I really don't want to be expanding my collection into another piece of furniature.  

what is this reasonable thing of which you speak?

It's this elusive thing I am struggling to achieve.   Like a spiritual exercise of sorts.  At this rate it'll take years to achieve. 

Wow.  So many empties!

I made a deal with myself I had to get through three foundations in order to buy one replacement, so I chose the emptiest ones to get through first:).  It seems like more than it was, but I'm still pretty happy with my progress.  

I think I can hold out buying more for another bottle or so.  It feels good to be downsizing for what that's worth.  Four down.  Eleven to go. 

I've been kind of trying to do the same thing with some skincare and eye creams.  Like the debt snowball trick (pay off your lowest balance first), but with makeup!  I have so many foundations, too, and I'm such a sucker for new ones.  So, now I'm trying to sample them for a few days, at least, to see if it's really worth investing in!

great analogy! 

Isnt it better trying foundations out in your own skintone anyway?  

3 Replies
testing