Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

What an impressive amount of empties!

I have some samples of the Good Genes I'm waiting to try ou, and the Radical peel pads from GWP too. I love Beach Walk and I'm pretty picky about beachy perfumes. I bought it last year during triple points.

Anonymous Insider

The tingle was.... Intense with the good genes since I used it after the peel pads but it absorbed right in and seriously in days my skin was singing praises. I have never experienced a wow moment in skin care like that. Also, cut ur peel pads in half to double the supply. They are packed with product and a half pad did my face, neck, chest,  and hands! 

Oh, great idea, I probably would not have thought of that!

Lol, I bought beach walk but have been using up my mini sample vials before opening the bottle.  Working at it. 

Anonymous Insider

Upon first sample it was impressive. I got a good 4 hours of wear out of it today and I love it! 

I have some empties!  Mixed full-size, deluxes and samples.  Really trying hard to make it through some of my stash and this thread makes me happy and motivated.  I'm not much of a re-purchaser, since I always want to try new things, but I'll give some reviews below.  

Also, a while back, someone mentioned a place that takes recycling of all cosmetic products - can someone remind me where that is?  I'm never sure with some of the stuff if it can go in regular recycling.  Thanks!

upload_4642023635211861293.jpg

upload_8809733441366013014.jpg

LOVED - will purchase

Amore Pacific Enzyme Peel Powder - LOVED this stuff, I'm going to buy full size

PTF Black Moor Mud Mask - wow, this is so nice, no mask has made my face feel so nourished and glowing!

Liked, would consider purchase or re-purchase: 

Caudalie Serum - no miraculous results, but I think it was a nice, hydrating serum

Alterna CC Cream - I actually already have the full size, just used up the DS

GlamGlow Thirstymud Cleanser - I liked this one, but not something I would use every day, it seems like a lot of work!

Lancome Bi-Facil Eye makeup remover - I seem to have an endless supply of these DS-sized, I love it, but can't imagine ever purchasing it for that reason!

Carol's Daughter and VS Body Cream 

B&B Creme do Coco - nice, hydrating for hair

Cle de peau le coton - fine, but I don't see any reason to get these over the Shiseido ones

Molton Brown DS - I just mix all these in my hand soap pump dispenser, they all smell amazing!

"Just wanted to use up" - EL perfectionist & Re-Nutriv

Not thrilled with - Dior Iconic Overcurl, I don't know if this was me, but this formala was super dry and barely showed up on me.  I love other Dior mascaras but this one was not for me.

upload_6356984857215928259.jpg

Okay, foils & samples: Mostly just trying to use these up

That Benefit Flawless sample card with primer, foundation and powder lasted maybe 2 hours on me, not a fan.

Chanel foundation - nice, but not a HG for me as it is for others

Drybar Sake Bomb Shampoo & Conditioner - I actually already bought the full size, I loved it at first, but it's a little too much for my regular use.  I tried the Happy Hour conditioner and I might buy that one, but hard to tell from only one use.  

Renewed hope in a jar is something I've tried a couple of samples - not enough moisture for me at all.

Nice job on all the empties!

Anonymous Insider

I heard great things about the Chanel Aqua foundation too. The SA was Nordstroms was nice enough to do a full application and give me a sample. It's good... But like you said not HG. So the search continues. What foundations are you having good experiences with?

I am notoriously bad at sticking with anything, but I have probably had the best luck with Givenchy overall: 

Givenchy Photo Perfexion - I own this one and love it every time

Givenchy Teint Couture - I am waiting to buy this one, I have gotten very generous samples and it is great.

Otherwise, the YSL touche eclat foundation and Giorgio Armani Maestro are also two of my favorites.  I also recently bought a D&G foundation (so pricey), but now all of the sudden it looks too orange on me, however, in photographs, it seems to look better than anything I've ever used!

Anonymous Insider

I know Origins takes empties😉

Okay I will try there, maybe that was it, it sounds familiar.  Thanks!

Yes! Managed to save many of my empties this month, I usually throw them out. 😄

image.jpg

Notables:

Love - Tatcha Body Butter & Hand Cream (Repurchased), Sephora Green Tea Mask (Repurchased)

Like - Missha Mask, Glamglow Supercleanse (purchased full-size) & Brightmud (22 more packs to go, lol), Kate Nourish, Bite Lip Wipes (Might repurchase)

Indifferent - Boscia Cleanser, PTR Serum, Tatcha Serum, SK-II mask (Repurchased)

At least I didn't hate anything this month. LOL. 

Nice! I'm so tempted by the Tatcha website and trial sets, but haven't pulled the trigger yet on anything.

(Also, I think I had my thread sorted the wrong way and replied to some posts from 2013 before I realized, oops! I'm sure 2013 will be so interested in my comments.)

I first indulged in a few small purchases of travel sizes: the body butter, the hand cream, the cleansing oil, GWP of the blotting linens and rice enzyme powder.

Then a Ruelala offer came so I bought a ritual trial kit for oily skin, the full-size of the body butter and hand cream, and got the eye cream as GWP. 

Overall, I love the cleansing oil and body butter. The rice enzyme powder is also nice and I can see myself repurchasing it after I finish the three I have, lol. Oh, I really like the blotting linens! They're the first I have used that do not take off any makeup along with oil when I press them on my face. I didn't expect to like the blotting linens as much as I do. I think the serum and face cream are nice too, but not necessarily life-changing for me. 

Anonymous Insider

I've already picked out some products I'm targeting to use up in May (BM redness remedy and Jurlique Love Balm, I can see pan on the balm). I've also gotten reacquainted with my Vice3 palette and fallen back in love with it.

WP_20150429_010.jpg

Like -

BM Blemish powder - it works, tames inflammation, red bumps and whiteheads alike when they come up.

Tata Harper Regen cleanser - sometimes I get bumps on my forehead that linger and never resolve to a point where the BM Blemish powder can do anything. This stuff polishes them off.

Ren Glycolic Lactic peel. I'm trying out a Jurlique enzyme product right now and not as strong smelling as Ren. This product is the bar for how a good a peel should be for me.

Perversion - I can see why it is a standby mascara for so many. Not quite the effect I want though.

ABH Brow Wiz ash brown - worked really well but the NYX micro brow is the exact same product with texture application and firmness AND a spoolie but it's $10 msrp. I broke off the tip to see how much was left in the ABH after I couldn't crank it up anymore. There was a quarter inch of product left in the dispenser tube- but it's firmly wedged in and who wants to use the little flimsy dispenser tube to try and draw on brows?! I nearly had my eyes roll back in my head when I saw that, for a $21 product I hated leaving that much on the table.

The purple Tarte bottle actually had PTR Oilless in it (who wants to use a liquid product without a dropper??). I am stalking the product on another site that regularly has this stuff 20% off, it works great under makeup by itself, or I use it after washing my face under moisturizer and my skin isn't as dry. I figure buying full size that would last around five months if my rate of usage on this sample was a good barometer. All the raves, all the stars for this review.

Jurlique Purely Bright - I've nearly fixed the uneven spots from a two year old sunburn spot. If I ever do something that silly again, you can bet I'd buy a bottle of this.

Dislike

Ulta Nail Remover pads - Thicker polish or glitter, these don't do that well and they dry out fast. More like one pad does one hand... most of the time. I really want to get the OPI lavender wipes again, they were large and didn't dry out too fast or shred to bits.

Subversion - this stuff is a gloppy mess and doesn't stay on my lashes (well it only grabs on to a few). The UD rep was surprised and said maybe it is because I have citrus in my cleanser (Juice). uhhh maybe? I think other than how runny the formula is, the applicator isn't the best design for distributing product evenly. When you can get it on, it does enhance the look of dramatic longer thicker lashes but it really isn't worth the extra time in my routine to tease it there.

Interesting to hear the perversion and subversion reviews.  I have both in my makeup drawer and should be trying them soon.

Anonymous Insider

Kelloua, the subversion might work better with either a spoolie brush or one of the Sephora disposable applicators. Give it a shot? I'm just not dedicated enough to the lash primer idea to get fiddly with the wands.

Very thorough reviews - Perversion is one of my favorites.  I'll have to look for the Jurlique, I love their stuff.  

When I was debating switching to DevaCurl the advice that a SA with curly hair gave me is that it is most effective when you use their no poo and conditioner as well.  Accordingly, I use the no poo, their one condition, their styling cream and light defining gel and together I find that my hair is healthier and softer, my curls/waves are more defined than anything else I've tried.  I do still use regular shampoo + conditioner on the days I don't wear my hair curly (currently madly in love with Davines Oi).  I've experimented a lot with products and at least for me, no one product is a wonder product it's more about thinking about the whole system and how things work together.  I've also noticed that my routine is only as good as the worst product.  I was alternating Davines Oi with drugstore shampoo & conditioner to save money and sadly it wasn't until I stopped using drugstore products that my hair became much, much healthier.  (Having my ends trimmed more frequently definitely also helped.)  I know there are people who can get away with drugstore products and have amazing hair but that's just not me.  My hair is fussy and can look amazing or horrible depending on what I do to it.

testing