Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Congrats on using up a whole Ambient Lighting palette--that's quite an accomplishment!

I love the Algenist gentle rejuvenating cleanser too--I love that you need just the tiniest amount so it lasts a really long time. 

Oh wow!  You went through a whole ambient lighting palette!   Do you have a favorite colour?  

That is what I was just going to say....that she finished an entire Ambient Lighting palette?

*Note to self:  Learn from others and use your stuff up!*

i actually used up dim first  - almost a month and half ago!! then incandescent about a month ago and i just finished radiant!  i now have a full size dim that i've been using but i feel super naked without this!!!  i need to get another!!!!  

incandescent is my fave but i use dim as an all over setting powder which is why it went first!

The palette looks really compact, but I made the mistake of buying two of the colours on it before they released it so it didn't seem like a good buy to me.  I haven't used up any of mine.  

I remeber getting dim and radiant first and using them to subtly contour my face.  Then I saw what it looked like in pictures and stopped that.  

My favourite for a finishing powder is ethereal.  

radiant is my least fave of the 3...i'm hoping that the fact that the incandescent blush is coming out means there is hope for the incandescent single so i'm debating holding out! but i need it!!!!

That would be nice since I am missing it from my collection:)   It seems to be a popular one as well.  

I have empties!  They're not an exciting as most of the posts here but I get super proud when I finish something.  I've made it a point to not purchase a back-up or replacement until I'm completely dunzo with what I have so it's been a struggle.

Things to note: That beautyblender have been rattling around my bathroom cabinet for months because I refused to trash it.  I finally let it go, Elsa style.  

The Caudalie beauty elixir is in the L'Wren Scott packaging and had a wonky sprayer.  It was less "Ah a fine mist" and more "Get off the couch cat!  Imma squirt you!"

The Algenist primer is nice but I don't know if it's worth the $42 price tag.

Wow this is a random group of stuff.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask!  

IMG_5929.jpg

First, the "get off the couch cat!" made me laugh.  Second, I'm impressed by your squeezing of that hand cream.  Is that L'occitane?

Hahahahaha!    Cat!!!!😂😂😂

I had to search hard in the picture for the tube you were talking about!  Omg!  That is so neat!  I am also impressed! 

Also I will add my biggest issue with the Caudalie Beauty Elixir is the smell.  If eel like I'm spraying perfume on my face.  Blech.

Loving seeing all the empties and people's commentary.  I'm so behind in photographing and posting mine.  It is my goal for tonight.  Is that the Clinique bottom lash mascara there?  I have that stuff and absolutely LOVE it.  It's the first time I've been able to successfully paint my bottom lashes.

It is the bottom lash!  I love it too.  If I use anything else it get all over my face, probably because I'm a sneezy beast.  I love the beauty elixir but I don't love the smell.  It's too herbal-y for me but I find the scent doesn't last as long as the ones with rosewater so I can forgive it.

I guess that's true.  I have some at my desk and sprayed it on my face this morning.  (I have super dry skin that can tend to absorb makeup like a sponge so I've been spraying hydrating toners and such on my face throughout the day to prevent this from happening.)  And you're right, it stinks at first but then it does go away.

Yay!  Another month of goodies!!!  Things worth mentioning:

radical skincare skin perfecting sunscreen spf 30 - this stuff is the most amazing sunscreen I have ever worn!  I need to buy the full size!  You can wear it without makeup and it makes all the imperfections go away!  It's not even tinted!  I have no idea how they do it but they get my $$$.

ren instant firming beauty shot- I'll be buying this one for sure.  I'm pretty sure it's just caffeine but I love how tight it makes my skin with it feeling dry.  

Korres wild rose+vitamin c - I buy this regularly.  Love this stuff and the rosey smell it leaves on my pillow

benefit posie balm- if I didn't have so many balms to go through I would purchase this in a heartbeat.  It is a nice slippy buttery balm with a beautiful tint.  

Givenchy black taffeta mascara - a thick and black black mascara for intense looks.  Loved it but not more than my ysl babydoll or guerlain maxi lash

Ole hendriksen express the truth -  I like the smell of this.  I usually mix it with my korres night cream.  I like layering things.  It's on my repurchase list

origins high potency night a mins-  I can't remember anything about this one to be honest but it was in my purchase pile, lol. 

Replica beach walk- this smells like going for walks on ocean shores minus the fish.  Lol.  I love it! 

Vichy Capitol soleil -  my regular sunscreen for my body

image.jpg

st tropez bronzing mousse - I love this self tanner.  I have had no problems with it ever being streaky.  If I ever want to be tan it's my go to.  It lasts about three to four days or two days in a hot tub.  

I'm impressed by how many perfume samples you used up.  I wear perfume every day, but I never seem to make a dent in my samples. 

Ditto to the above.  I could never use up all my perfume or my samples in 3 lifetimes, but I NEED to try to finish some.  Note to self:  THERE WILL ALWAYS BE MORE!

I like spraying my hair  before I go to sleep as well as during the day.  My hubby likes perfume, hehe.   I also attack one vial at a time and keep the one I'm using out so I remember to use it.   

Technically, I should never have to buy perfume again at the rate I am able to use them up against the rate they're coming into the house.  

Nice empties pile!  Looks like you really went through quite a bit.  I also really like those benefit balms.  I just bought the chachabalm and I love it.  It's a mango color and normally I never buy things in that color family but I'm really loving them for spring/summer!

Thanks:). I've been working away at my samples.  I may have a weak moment sometime and pick a balm up, but I'm hoping to avoid buying what I don't need.  Lipstick is a different story.  

#emptiesgoals

testing