Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Empties

How did you find the Algenist to be? I've been trying to use it but I find the texture...disturbing lol. 

I'm not sure if mine were bad.  They were a bit clumpy.  They still smelled good so I went ahead with them.  I didn't really notice anything special from them.  They moisturized. Shrug.  

Anonymous Insider

No, I believe the texture is supposed to be like that but it feels too oily to me because of the clumpyness...maybe I'll give it another go. 

I like oily!  My face is a dry sponge that needs everything I throw at it.   It could've used more moisture than I got. 

March Empties!

IMG_1570.JPG

Love: 

B&B Thickening shampoo & Conditioner

Loreal Nature's Therapy hair mask

Exfolikate

Suave Cocoa Butter lotion

Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub

Bliss Micro Magic

MUFE Pressed HD powder

Essence All About Matte powder

Okay:

Benefit Porefessional

Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara

Hates:

Elf exfoliating makeup removing wipes[Finally finished my stash of these!]

Did you snip the top off the Exfolikate?  I do that for all my products in tubes as it seems like I get SO much more out.  Must be satisfying to finally finish up something you hate!  I've realized this is the reason I can't prematurely stock up.  I still have a lot of a lotion left that I don't care for and want to push myself to finish it up before I get something new.

Yes I did there was still a ton left! I keep it in a tiny jar in my shower lol 

I started with one pack of those darn makeup wipes and thought they were great. So then I stocked up during a 50% off sale. I ended up with around 20 packs. Then I realized how chemically they smell when I forgot them at home and bought the Neutrogena ones to use. 

Hehe, I kinda stopped using makeup removing wipes, but I find non of them are better than the Mac ones.  If I really hate them I'll use them to wipe my fingerprinty makeup down and then dry it off with a towel.  They're still getting used right? 

I forced myself to use those Elf ones up. I found a 50 pack for maybe $5 from Walmart that I've really been liking.

What are you using to remove your makeup now? I'm thinking maybe switching to a balm or something like that. 

I always forget to capture all my empties! There's some stuff missing here, sheet masks and all the foils I tried. 

image.jpg

Love: Lush Tea Tree Toner, Bliss soap + pads, Clinique Sunscreen, Laura Mercier Ambre Vanille Hand Cream, Fresh Lip Treatment

Meh: Dermadoctor Picture Porefect, PTR Rose Mask

Hate: Murad Cleanser

Lush toners are absolutely a HG for me.  I've not tried any other alcohol-free toners that actually feel effective.

I love that tea tree cleanser.  I also don't know about Murad.  The skincare advisor at Sephora was pushing a really gentle one but I just didn't love it.

Murad is one of those brands I tried so hard to love but none of the products really work for me. Kind of like Ole Henrikson. But this cleanser above, I seriously hated with a passion. I spent a year and a half trying to finish it, and I simply gave up and am chucking it now! Sigh. 😞

Tisk Tisk!  You gots to save those empties better next time!  We wanna see all the things!  

I love over it when I see all empties of things I don't use.  I'm only familiar with the ptr and the balm. 

Putting the clinique sunscreen on my list.  I'm on a mission to try every sunscreen out there! 

I'm just not in the habit, but I swear I'm going to try and remember to save everything this month.

The sunscreen is actually pretty heavy, but I like it because I have used it for years, it simply works, and it does not break me out. I recently switched to adding one drop of oil in with the sunscreen instead of moisturizer and it works so great for my combination skin.

The L'Occitane hand cream smells divine, but it just doesn't moisturize sadly. The Laura Mercier also smells divine.

I actually find it really satisfying to save all the foils.  Rather than dumping them in the garbage I have a sephora bag in the cabinet under one of my master bathroom sinks and I pop them in there.  I'm weirdly looking forward to emptying it out tonight and photographing it all.

IMG_4239.JPG

March empties.

Most loved: Karuna Anti-Oxidant masks. They make my skin so smooth!

Most hated: Givenchy Noir Couture mascara. A clumpy disaster that I binned after a few uses.

Nice empties!  I wish I'd done a better job of holding onto the custom samples I had made in store.  Because they label the bag and not the container itself I always seem to forget what was inside after I'm done.

Ouhhhhhh, someone's been indulging in lots of masks!  I'm assuming it's safe to say you reccomend them? 

Whaaaat?  Your mascara was clumpy?  I think you got a bad one cause mine wasn't:/

I loveeeeee masks so I can definitely relate.

I def recommend the Karuna (thanks to greenporchlights) and the Sephora ones are a good, slightly cheaper, alternative. I've been trying to mask once or twice a week, or whenever I'm bored, really.

The Givenchy mascara was a sample, so that might account for its clumpiness. 😞 It also means I had no trouble tossing it.

testing