Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

March Empties!

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Loves

Spoiler
FAB Ultra Repair Cream
Nude Skincare Omega Cleansing Jelly
Nude Skincare Fizzy Powder Wash
Living Proof PHD Shampoo and Conditioner
Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser
Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer
Korres Greek Yoghurt Nourishing Primer
Tatcha Camelia Cleansing Oil
Tony Moly Panda's Dream White Hand Cream
Tony Moly Intensive Dual Effect Sleeping Pack

Spoiler
Amazing Line Smoother + Primer
Glamglow Thirstycleanse
Boscia Tsubaki Cleansing Oil-gel
banila co Classic Prime Primer
Jack Black Extra RIch Body Hydrator
Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser
Bliss Micro Magic microdermabrasion treatment
Benefit the Porefessional

Dislikes

Spoiler
Spoiler
Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm
Ole Henriksen Melting Cleanser (actually this is more like hate)
Clinique Superprimer
Tactcha Polished Rice Enzyme Powder
Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Powder
Living Proof Satin Hair Serum (my hair is just too thick for this)

Look at all thise samples!!!  I've been saving my cleansers up for travelling this year!  I really wanna get into them though! 

I love cleansers for traveling.   When I'm home I can be pretty set in my routine (I have sensitive, acne prone skin that is also really dry so when something works I'm often hesitant to switch things up even though I LOVE acquiring samples.  But for traveling it's great since I'm often going for business and not checking a bag and with all the components of my makeup routine my quart sized bag can get pretty full.  I also feel like I should probably try more of them leading up to the Chic Week sale as well as stop in for samples of some things I've been curious about.  I've been trying to do a MUCH better job of trying before I buy since I hate waste.  Thankfully I've already been trialing samples of some things I might want to purchase.  Only thing I'm curious about, but haven't tried yet, are the Custom Cover drops from Cover FX which I am really curious about.

I would save them too but travelling is not something I ever get to do unfortunately.

That Tony Moly Panda sample is cracking me up. 😄

It's so cute!!  A panda Weeble!  I didn't like the Ole cleanser either.  It felt like I was washing my face with warm jello.  blech.  

And it won't come off!  I really hate that cleanser.

Rounded up my empties.  Can't wait to post.

Anonymous Insider

March Empty!

WP_20150331_003.jpg

Liked -

TH Regen Cleanser, I have a deluxe sample I'm working through.

Jurlique brigtening serum, it's lightening the old sunburn spots that aren't on my face. I don't really need to be doing this all the time though, so I don't see a FS in the future unless I have something major happen to me.

BM Original Medium Beige - I've been slapping this on for quick errands in the morning this week. A light hand though since I should be a tad paler. I have a large tub of this I'm also working through even though I prefer the Complexion rescue or Blemish foundation.

Ren Glycolic Lactic - I've slowly warmed up to this stuff. 🙂

Juice Beauty Blemish Cleanser - this is my standby wash for morning and night, just rub it in my face for a minute and use a warm cloth to wipe it off. Not squeeky clean, but does remove makeup and degrease everything. I have noticed a reduction in acne, but what is still around is a combination hormonal and reaction to too much dairy.

Deep Steep Hand Cream - love it and love the price tag.

Meh -

Glamglow Supermud - it just acted like a clay mask and none of the other acids did anything. I ended up the next day having to do a follow up treatment of regen cleanser since it left stuff on my face. ew.

Juice Age Defy - broke me out, guess shea doesn't belong on my face. Used this as a hand cream. Greasy.

i forgot to mention I like the Jurlique as well. I'm still working on a FS of Dr labo whitening serum though so it's not on my buy list yet. 

Sorry to hear the Supermud didn't work for you.  I guess it reinforces that skin care is individual because that is a HG product for me.  IT's one of the few spot treatments I've found that actually works once a pimple starts to pop up.  It doesn't work for me for deeper, more cystic acne but for smaller ones if I feel it popping up for some reason it seemed to prevent it from actually breaking through the surface.

Anonymous Insider

I don't really have many of those since I started using the Juice Cleanser, the few that do come up I use the BM sulfur/blemish powder. It has healed even faster since I started using higher quality oils on my face. I'm starting to wonder if there is a reason to keep a clay mask in my arsenal since I rarely need them.

Empties for April 2015 (i know I know it's not April until Wednesday) 😞 but i am ahead I guess and that can't be all bad! right 🙂 

78caaf8a4de03a7ae6a2b914c053848e.jpg

loves: 

Benefit - They're real mascara 

Bumble & Bumble Thickening shampoo 

Bumble & Bumble Thickening Conditioner

Elizabeth & James Nirvana White for her pefume

Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black for her perfume

Nest - Indigo Perfume

Mabe:

Philosophy Falling in love shower & hair gel

Batiste dry Shampoo Floral & Flirty

not for me:

Balenciaga - Rosabotanica 

I'm on the fence about philosophy shower gel as well.  I've gotten sick of the vanilla scent and am using it as shave gel for my legs.  Almost done.  Soon.  Soon. 

So satisfying to collect these empties!  I'm trying to get over my aversion to finishing anything - and try to avoid having a million almost-empty things.  I'm also trying to use up more samples.  

upload_268323866218300323.jpg

Loves, would re-purchase: 

L'occitane shower oil

Philosophy Shower gel

Kat Von D Cleansing wipes (keep them on my bedside for when I am so lazy)

Likes, might purchase full/re-purchase:

Dior Skinflash - I had this forever - I like it, but not sure it's so different from others

Algenist Genius Moisturizer, Genius Lifting & Firming Cream - Good, but nothing miraculous

Smashbox Primer Water -Sample spray vial

Nice, but old deluxe samples I've had forever: 

Natura Bisse Top Ten Fluid/Awake Deep Purity Cleanser/Molton Brown Shower Gel

and more samples:

upload_913711794063465505.jpg

Mostly, I'm just trying to use these up.  I would consider purchasing the La Mer lotion.  I always love Estee Lauder skincare.  The ReVive was not moisturizing enough for me and actually stung a little, I did not love it. I did not think the Philosophy Back to Nurture was as hydrating as traditional oils for my dry skin.

It's great emptying things, isn't it!!!  And you get a chance to evaluate what you like and don't like before going shopping again.  This thread is awesome cause it changed the way I buy things and encourages me to use what I have! 

I Love the L'occitane almond oil scent I haven't tried the shower gel yet but I have a travel size bottle of it I just haven't opened it yet I also have the almond supple skin oil and I have used that. I have a mini of it & I really love it.

I loved it!  I just saw that there is a big size (with a pump!) in the supersized beauty section and I think it is on my next must-buy list!  For some reason, I hate putting on lotion after the shower - it's so annoying, and in the winter it's cold, so I love the shower oil.  And yes, the scent is divine!

February empties (posted really late)

54f35ff0a3222afe405d966d3f8d473c (1).jpg

26b3c1d0da1ae1bb4ac504d569589f5c.jpg

8685b6c975695cb604b3761996d61898.jpg

Loves!:

- Bumble & Bumble Thickening shampoo & Conditione

- Cotton rounds,

- Denta toothpaste,

- Elizabeth & James nirvana black & white perfume,

- Tom ford velvet orchid perfume.

- replica beach walk perfume

- shower caps

- Agave hair oil

- tokyomilk dark tainted love handcream

the  Maybes:

- Lady speed stick deodorant Teen spirit pink crush

- Generic relaxing lavender bath soak salts

Nope, Not for me!:

Philosophy Hope In a jar moisturizer

makeup forever HD cream blush

JAN + FEB empties 

image.jpg

Love: 

L'occitane hand cream: lots of backups 🙂

It was okay: 

Nuxe Rive de Miel: it lasted so long, it was okay but didn't blown me away 

Vicky micellar water: I had so much of this stuff, I am finally finished my last bottle...I am going back to bioderma

Avene Tolerance Extreme: it was moisturizing, but felt a little thick, La Roche Posay toleriane ultra is still my HG

3 foundation samples: Dior nude, Shu Uemura architect, Giorgio Armani luminous silk: I am looking for a new foundation, they are all good, but I think I am going for the YSL touché éclat foundation 

It was not okay: 

Marc Jacobs lip balm: it came in last year's rouge promo but I forgot about it in one of my bags. basically, it's the least moisturizing lip balm I have ever came across. I didn't finish this deluxe sample but I am glad I found that out without having to pay $30 for it. 

Total: 

Full size: 4

Deluxe sample: 1

Sample: 3

I am going to keep a tally throughout the year to see how much I can finish! 🙂 Jan + Feb wasn't the best months but 4 full size isn't tooooo bad. I really want to work on going through more the samples in my stash though. 

Is it weird I didn't even know marc Jacobs had lip balm?  

The he ysl touch éclat is awesome and very full coverage!  

3 Replies
testing