Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Thank you! I hope so I have a few months still so I'm just trying to get through products. I like the mask as a spot treatment. I notice that when I use it that way my spot has reduced in size and it shrinks it without drying out it out. Also, it helps with under the skin bumps whenever I'm trying something new and have a reaction to it.

Anonymous Insider

I'm going to get the Rodial cleanser, as I've been eyeing it for a while 🙂 BTW, I had flu last week, and my nose was so sore until I started using Rodial's Stem Cell Oil on it - I bought the product following your recommendation and a foil sample, and I'm finding it the most versatile of all my oils, so thank you 🙂

I'm so glad it worked out for you! I absolutely love that oil. Funny enough I too started using it after a very bad cold! Try the balm it's such a beautiful product! Also it has antioxidants and anti-aging properties as all the Rodial products do which is always a plus! Let me know how it works for you when you pick it up 😉

Two of my staples-- Ulta pressed powder and philosophy Purity. I'm getting ready to switch to the Bliss foaming face wash that was $10 in the Black Friday sales, though. Excited to try something new!

IMG_4337.JPG

That's a clean finish on that powder! That's really impressive 🙂 How long did it take you?

It took me a few months, but I didn't actually get it that clean--I was trying to use a puff to swipe out one or two final applications and cracked the edges, so there was a little lift before that. But I apply it two or three times a day, so the formula has good longevity!

I got the Bliss cleaner during the BF sale too. Isn't it gigantic! It's going to take forever to show up in my empties photo.

I absolutely can't get over how much I love the smell of the bliss cleanser. I'm happy to have scored it for $10 during BF!

I know-- a much bigger size that I had thought it would be. I've used it a couple times and enjoyed it, but I still had to open a new bottle of Purity to use with my Clarsonic because I feel like the Bliss is too "rough" on the skin (since it says it's an exfoliating cleanser) to use with it. How are you liking it?

I only used it enough to know I didn't want to return it. I have too many other things open at the moment.

I am quickly becoming addicted to this thread!  Jan empties:

IMG_2052.jpg

Loves:

Lush So White Shower Gel - unique apple/orange blossom smell

Lush Silky Underwear Dusting Powder - go through tons of this stuff

Lancome Bi Facil eye makeup remover - can't even begin to count how many bottles I've gone through

Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 - gone through many bottles of this, too

Shiseido Facial Cotton - love these for taking off eye makeup

Lancome Hypnose Waterproof Mascara - absolute favorite

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Honey - love all of these

Dr Dennis Gross Furulic Acid & Retinol Brightening Solution - 2nd bottle of this

Dr Dennis Gross Furulic Acid & Retinol Moisturizer

Dr Dennis Gross Furulic Acid & Retinol Eye Gel

So/so:

Bath & Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel Body Cream

Dove Clinical Protection deodorant in rebalance

Lancome Eyebrow Pencil in Taupe - this has always been a bit hard to work with for me

Dislikes: 

Sephora Foot File - not sure which one exactly this is, but it never worked very well and it's just too frustrating to use.  giving up after about a year

Lush Whoosh Shower Jelly - I must not be using this right, this stuff is a mess and a half!

Aww you only "so-so"-ed my favorite B&BW cream! I am OBSESSED with the vanilla bean noel scent. I only go to B&BW once a year (at Christmas time) to pick it up. I do think I am probably more enamored with the scent than the moisturizing abilities though! 

Jeyrosella, I love the scent, too.  I don't think it moisturizes very well which is why it is only so-so for me.  I have better luck with the Lush lotions/creams that come in the pots.  They are so thick and creamy!  I do stock up on Vanilla Bean Noel soap to last for the whole winter, though!

Yeah, I think this is my biggest issue with B&BW products.  I don't find they moisturize well enough for my skin type.  I tend to go for yummy fragrances more for candles and perfumes and am more boring with my day to day beauty.

I love it cause it's much easier to trust the reviews of products that have been given some thorough testing.  And they're by people we talk to day by day so there's a higher level of trust.  

I just started some samples of the Dr Dennis gross glow pads.  I love the scent.  I thInk I'm ready to trial the brand.

January Empties.  I did a feature article on June Jacobs Spa Peppermint Hand and Foot Therapy, Wen Lavender conditioner, Kate Sommerville's Exfolikate, and Carol's Daughter Ecstasy Body Butter, because I am in love with all of them.  I love some of the other products, too.  Anyone who saw my DDG thread knows I love the Alpha Beta Peels.  If you want to know about anything else, just ask.

Empties January 2015.jpg

Looking up your DDG thread because this brand gas caught my recent attention.

Oh yeah.  That is a great product.  I highly recommend it.

I didn't know Carol's Daughter made non-hair products!

Haha. I wrote that exact thing in my article. I get that ALL the time. Her body products are better than her hair products to me.

image.jpg

Loves:

Neutrogena oil free eye makeup remover(I always keep a back up!)

Caudalie Vinosource Sorbet(I've been living off samples. Finally purchased during the skincare event) 

First Aid Beauty Red Clay Mask

Okay:

Loreal Extreme Repair shampoo & conditioner

Loreal Volume Filler shampoo & conditioner

PTR Cucumber Mask

Herbal Essence Body Wash

Generic Nail Polish Remover 

Never Again:

Swisspers cotton rounds

Clean & Clear Night Calming face wash(allergicccc!)

ELF exfoliating makeup remover wipes(I used to love these because they were so cheap but ugh now they smell so chemically and leave residue like you will not believe!)

testing