Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Empties

This is truly epic! I love this thread; seeing what people love enough to buy again and what doesn't work for them is intriguing 🙂 I'm not too keen on the Nars or Too Faced Eyeshadow primers either, and I've been road testing these from almost every brand that will give me samples this month. Not sure why because I find Benefit's Stay Don't Stray works great; I guess I'm just always looking out for something better! Next I'm trying Laura Mercier's 🙂

i'm taking a marketing class and in one of discussions last night the prof said something about 16% of customers of their brand have multiple bodywashes and lotions opened - usually 4 -8 different ones...some people in the class were shocked that one would have that many products open at once..i was shocked that only 16% of their customers are normal!

I always have my Dr.Bronners in my shower along with a few girly body washes and usually some aveeno body wash for when my skin is acting silly.

Interesting. I don't understand people that can only have one body wash & lotion open. I need to hoard my bodycare products. I need variety! #wearethe16percent

Anonymous Insider

I have four lotions open now because I need them strategically placed. We use one body wash here, just not into scented bodywashes.

whoa.  I think that I have 4 opened body washes for variety.  I wouldn't know where to put 8!  

Epic, indeed.

I have multiple body washes open at any given time as well.  There are certain things I prefer to have one or two open at a time, but body wash and moisturizers are not one of them.  I use different ones depending on my mood and how my skin is feeling.  It's not just you.

I love that you keep a spreadsheet.  This nerd can relate, although I have not done it yet.  When you're trying as many items as we are, it is way too easy to forget, so a spreadsheet is a good idea.

Love the Korres sleeping facial and wish I would have gotten some of the 100 point perks a while back.

I liked the Sephora Rose mask and am unsure whether I want to buy more.  Can I ask what you did not like about it (to help push me one way over the other)?

I really like sheet masks and have tried many brands. I've used sheet masks where I noticed a change in my skin the next day. I feel like Sephora mask didn't have enough serum. I bought the Sephora mask set because I really wanted to try them but didn't pay attention to the ingredients. The 4th ingredient is hydrogenated castor oil... no thanks.

I usually stock up on the Korres Sleeping Facial deluxe samples too but decided to just go ahead and get a set with the full size during the sale. I kinda wish I would have gotten two sets now.

Yeah... I needed to start keeping track of all the stuff I try out. Just to make sure I don't repurchase products I've already tried out and didn't enjoy.

Anonymous Insider

I'm here to report two good empties and one bad.

First- My  bottle of BM Purely nourishing moisturizer I bought 8/26 is finally no more. I may pry it open to see if there are any dregs in the pump but I'm two days into the new bottle (with a replacement for THAT waiting in the wings too). So, on infinite repurchase.

My second jar of BM Blemish therapy is on the dust too. The question is steal the already open jar from my husband and see if he notices or open up the new one I bought during the 150pt promos. Choices!

Finally, the bad. My Flowerbomb rollerball I bought 8/4 hit the floor. I think I'm still in shock. I feel like I hardly got to know it since it was still waaaay full and we're only starting to dip into below 80F weather here to experience the full profile. It is still one of my favorite patchoulis. I have small vials of Bulletproof, la Vie la Mort, and then atomizers of See by Chloe and Midnight Fleur, maybe I can make it til the spring sale or the double points? I should have made a cozy for the thing...

empty.JPG

Anonymous Insider

With 6 children, 5 of them girls who like to 'borrow' mom's perfumes, but are often clumsy and drop them, I have given up investing too much love in scents, so I don't hurt so much when another gets smashed ...

Anonymous Insider

Oh my gosh. I never handled my mother's musks. I think I knew my life would be in danger.

It was at least a rollerball, I think I would have had a much more dramatic reaction if it were a full size. I am serious there should be perfume cozies just to protect the the things from this sort of thing.

I don't think I would have survived childhood if I touched my mothers things.  

I saw some cool plastic tubing at Lowes or Home Depot, I forget which one, it was in the plumbing dept. Anyways it's very flexible and soft, I made cozies for my glass bottle skincare and rollerballs from the various sizes. I was heartbroken when I dropped my nearly new Perricone Blue Plasma bottle and shattered it on the tile floor. Now I won't be devastated when $100 of treatment gets smashed all over the place.

Anonymous Insider

I bet it was thermal insulating tubing, I think I know what you're talking about. Good idea!

Hi TheSocialQuota- I hearted you as sympathy for ur loss, I'd sooooo follow the advice from EVangelineDamon and try ur luck at a sympathy replacement, but I don't have guts to.  It's soooo a long shot.   And if ur taking votes, I say steal some of hubbies first.  😉

Anonymous Insider

LOL I would feel awful to ask that of an SA. I might try and see if I can save some money to treat myself to a special edition later next year I think. as long as I keep it in one of the metal atomizers to use and not break it!!!

I owe you some hearts, so I am hearting the good (not the poor broken bottle).  So sorry that happened.  Such a bummer.

Anonymous Insider

Yeah. I regret not going for the point redemption now for the little mini and hatbox a few weeks ago. Poor move on my part thinking to be greedy hoarding my points.

It is not my scent at all, but I thought the hatbox thing was cute.  Check your pm and let me know ASAP, because I want to go in the morning.

Anonymous Insider

You're the best, I'll get with you on seeing if there is anything I have in my stash to exchange. 🙂 I can't get over catalogs or envelopes!

That is tragic.

It would not hurt taking your sob story to a friendly Sephora employee or mod and maybe they could replace it for you..

It's worth a try.

Sorry for the loss.

May your floors smell lovely for the rest of the year.

2 Replies
testing