Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Empties

My husband is not of the same opinion that the floor smells lovely. I did try to kill it with vinegar but no luck. The air just kicked on and I think it is spreading. This is hilarious and horrible. lol.

Edit- it still smells like Flowerbomb in the bathroom and I think it might for the rest of our lease. Any tips for getting perfume out of composite surfaces?

Anonymous Insider

Anecdotal Update, it takes five days for it do die down. My elf from the Secret Santa exchange came through with a Prelude to a Kiss, so I forsee a new and very carefully stored rollerball of Flowerbomb coming!

Anonymous Insider

Oct14.JPG

I have finally decided to retire my first Guerlain lipstick. I realized it's probably older that some of the people on BT and thus probably time to go. I haven't used it in ages (years) but it was my first 'posh' lipstick and held some sentimental value. It's a great red-brick colour that's probably fashionable again. 

A few years ago (before I got back into makeup), I had to retire some really old Lancome and Estee Lauder lipsticks.  I also had to let the custom one (my MUA artist made her own) that I got for my wedding go.  That was so hard, because I loved the color.  Some of my Lancome and Estee lippies were older than people on the boards, as well.

image.jpg

Alright, I can finally take a moment to post my empties from September/October.  I took these pictures before flying out.  One of all my empties and the other if items I will be repurchasing.image.jpg

Nice emptying.  You did some serious damage.  I recently bought my first Organix product, and I am really liking it so far.  Mine is the split end mender, and my ends have never looked better.

Any winners in this lovely stash?  There are a few things I am curious on: the 3 little Wonders, which sunblocks you liked this time around and of course the Organix product.

Oh yeah, I loved everything in the second pic.  The green stuff in th oh set tingles a bit more than I like but it really shows results .

i really Like the clarins sunscreen out of this batch.  It stood out the most. 

My October Empties:

Obviously my face was breaking out a bit this month, judging from the number of acne treatment and concealer samples I went through.  I added the PTR Retinol Fusion PM to my nightly routine and that just screwed my skin up.  I wasn't sure if that was the culprit, so I waited for everything to clear and tried it again in 2 weeks.  Big mistake.  I wish it was just a "purging" phase, but acne was different from my usual one here or there and in places I normally didn't have issues with.  Anyways, here are the empties.

IMG_0156.jpg

Loves: 

Spoiler
  • Purity face wash
  • Neutrogena makeup wipes
  • Redken All Full Shampoo
  • UD Primer Potion Original
  • Neutrogena blotting sheets
  • UD Perversion mascara
  • HG Veil Mineral Primer
  • BBW Creamy Pumpkin hand soap
  • Couture La La perfume
  • Glamglow Tinglemud

Might repurchase:

Spoiler
  • UD Naked foundation - I recently added Nars Sheer Glow and I like the way that dries down better.  The Naked foundation sometimes stayed tacky which I didn't like
  • Freeman Pineapple Enzyme mask - works ok, I have a bunch of Philosophy microdelivery exfoliating wash to work through now and I'm liking that better as a daily item instead of the pineapple mask 1-2x/wk.
  • Murad Acne Clearing Solution - Seems to work.  Liked it better than the clinique
  • Clinique Clearing Treatment

Won't repurchase:

Spoiler
  • UD Naked Loose Powder - Did not like the finish, almost seemed to decrease the coverage of my foundation, replaced with Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
  • UD Primer Potion Eden
  • Amazing cosmetics concealer - recently purchased cover fx blemish concealer and like that better
  • Beauty Protector hair treatment mask - worked ok, I like the fekkai treatment better
  • PTR Retinol Fusion PM - Sad I have to throw out an almost full bottle.
Anonymous Insider

I'm wondering whether the Color FX concealer might be better value for money than the AC Amazing Concealer; is the tube bigger? 

Hi! If you don't mind, what didn't you like about PTR Retinol Fusion PM?

It broke me out twice, acne was different from my usual one here or there and in places I normally didn't have issues with.

October Empties (too tired to do my usual reviews, so let me know what you're curious on, if anything).

Empties October 2014.jpg

Love

Bvlgari Shampoo

Secret Clinical Strength deodorant 

H2o+ Shower gel

Lancome Genefique

Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange body lotion

Phillips Sonicare toothbrush head

Guerlain Lingerie foundation (color was slightly off though)

YSL Touche Eclat foundation (color was slightly off though)

YSL Fusion Ink foundation (color was slightly off though)

Clarisonic sensitive brush head

Too Faced Cocoa Powder foundation (color was slightly off though)

May Repurchase

Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream

CO Bigelow Lavender Peppermint Shampoo

Beauty Blender Pink

Beauty Blender Solid Cleanser (threw away the wrapper by mistake long before the picture)

Sephora Cotton Rounds

MUFE microfinishing powder

Simple sunscreen moisturizer 

Sephora Pantone Radiant Orchid Liquid eyeliner

L'Occitane Rose lip balm 

Lancome Hypnose Drama

Sheseido eye gels

Lancome Tonique Radiance

H2o+ Bar soap

Whish Shave Cream

Sheaterra Argan and Ghassool bar soap

Not for Me

Carol's Daughter body jelly

Dermelect Foot lotion

Shine Lotion

100% pure body wash

Faith Aromatherapy Citrus Ginger lotion

I LOVE the Bvlgari Shampoo too! The scent,Thé blanc, takes me to my happy place as it is the toiletries provided on our favourite cruise line (and where I first used it) and now I use it when I'm feeling nostalgic for our trips and the amazing staff that we have become friends with over the years.

The boyfriend loves it too--it has a great unisex scent.

Anonymous Insider

I love the Bvlgari shampoo, both the red & the white one, I scored a stash from a hotel I stayed at on holidays. Beautiful bar soap as well from memory.

It smelled great, left my hair squeaky clean, less frizzy than regular shampoo and more shiny than regular shampoo.  I loved it, too.  Which hotel did you stay at?  It would not be the first time I tried a hotel based on the amenities carried.

I love Sheraton hotels, but I hate their Shine products.  I usually try to stay elsewhere to avoid them when possible.  The Peter Thomas Roth products carried at the Hilton are not my favorite either.  The lotion smells like a man.

Anonymous Insider

We stayed at the Le Bua in Bangkok (the hotel in Hangover II). They replenished the amenities a couple of times a day. The bar soaps are rose fragrance, in a Stella McCartney way rather than a grandama soap kind of way. Really generously sized, too.   The hotel is also amazing for roof top cocktails!

I don't mind the PTR products - completely agree about the more masculine scent.

Hopefully you don't mean the wreck they woke up in after the bachelor party?  LOLOLOLOLOL

That is really cool.

I have no impending plans to stay in Bangkok, so I guess staying there is out of the question for me.

Anonymous Insider

I may have to snaffle something for you, if we ever get back there. Thailand is fairly accessible from Australia. My poor partner was a bit surprised/embarrassed by my little hoard when he saw me unpack my suitcase at home.  I must admit my heart sinks a little when I walk into a hotel room and there's a generic tube of something sitting on the vanity. First world problems, I know.  

I almost always take the amenities from the room when I leave.  Samples are the best, so it is one of my favorite parts of traveling.  We traveled more than a dozen times in the past 12 months (and I got something from every hotel, even the Sheraton ones at the beginning of the year).  By the end of the year, I was over taking Shine products, so I left without any from our late August stay. I can think of one worse than generic amenities at hotels.  My MIL planned our April trip and used her time share. I never bring items hotels carry, so part of our April stay was disappointing (we stayed at the Ritz near Lake Tahoe without her at the beginning of the trip and at one of the Sheratons near Disneyland at the end of that trip).  The time share she booked had no amenities other than bar soap, dish soap and laundry detergent.  It was a Wyndham property, and while that is not my favorite hotel chain, we had stayed there a few times in the past.  They always had amenities, so I never would have expected to arrive to none. There was no gift shop either, so we had to go shopping for shampoo and conditioner once the stuff I took from the Ritz was gone.  

Thanks.  It is awesome that Thailand is easily accessible for you.  I've always wanted to go to Australia as well, so it's pretty cool you get to live there.

Anonymous Insider

I hope to travel to the US one day and step into an actual Sephora store 😉

1 Reply
testing