Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

buh-bye october...and empties!!!

FULL SIZE

Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 3.31.36 PM.png

GIMME MOARRRR:

• revlon colorstay whipped
  • anastasia brow whiz
  • bare minerals mineral veil 
  • shisedio cleansing whips
  • soft soap coconut scrub
  • elucence skin hydrating elixer
  • vaseline problem skin therapy
  • korres body milk

MEH:

• elf makeup mist & set
  • too faced shadow insurance
  • equate cleansing towelettes 

NO SIREEE:

• biotherm hand and nail treatment
  • belvado cocnut lip butter
  • skiinn olive & enzyme cleaner

DELUXE SAMPLES

Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 3.31.51 PM.png

GIMME MOARRRR:

• boscia detoxifying black cleanser
  • nars pro prime
  • origins plantscription serum
  • lancome bi facial
  • algenist repairing oil

MEH:

• clarins extra firming night cream
  • clarins super restorative day cream
  • clarins dydra quench cream mask
  • clarins toning lotion
  • clinique repair wear eye cream
  • tarte brightening primer
  • ud perversion mascara

NO SIREEE:

• clarisonic gel cleanser
  • too faced better than sex mascara
  • mufe smokey extravagant mascara
  • benefit bad gal lash
  • marc jacob mascara

WAHHHHHHHHH:  dried out when i opened 

• guerlain maxi lash
  • dior addict it-lash

FOILS

Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 3.32.10 PM.png

GIMME MOARRRR:

• devacurl one condition
  • boscia tsubaki cleansing oil
  • sephora brush wipes
  • algenist micropolish & peel
  • nars smudge proof shadow base
  • glam glow youth mud tinglexfoliate
  • glamglow eye treatment

MEH:

• biore pore perfect
  • benefit they're real remover

I would have to swear by the Soft soap coconut scrub I absolutely love that scent!

Is it weird that I always picture you as extremely well groomed, because you have so many empties each month? That or you're well groomed and smart for tossing the items that do not work for you.  My stupid self will keep using items I hate, because I paid for them and hate wasting money.  

I really like They're Real Remover.  It is the only They're Real thing I think Benefit got right.  Sorry you did not like it.

i'm totally ocd!!! i also do a full face pretty much every day so i use things up rather quickly...and i don't skimp on products at all!!!

I've been trying to wear makeup a little more often.  Working from home (and only part time at that), there are days I never leave the house.  There are other days I leave the house only to get my sons to/from school.  I usually do not put makeup on if it will be viewed for less time than it takes me to apply it.  I just need more places to go.

I tend not to skimp when I use something, too.  The Becca primer I am sampling right now keeps peeling off my face when I use my Algenist moisturizer but works fine over La Mer.  I am either using too much Algenist, which is causing the Becca to pick it up and move it around or the products are not compatible.  It is hard to overuse the La Mer sample, because the way it comes out of the bottle.  Plus, I love it and have no intention of buying i any time soon, so I am using it very conservatively (odd for me).

Wow, look at all those empties!  I'm super impressed.  I need to start taking pictures of mine again!
I've been hesitant on the They're Real remover... what did you like/dislike about it?

it was ok...it got my eye makeup off...but it was nothing special. it reminded me of the mufe sens eyes...but i like that better!  it was just an average cream remover.  

I realized I can't keep my empties anymore! It stresses me out to have it just sitting around >_<

But I did FINALLY go through a travel size of an ojon shampoo, mean while I went through a liter of conditioner :P, curly girl hair and all that. I know I've been through some OH truth serum sample packs as well I love that stuff!

😮  why it stress you little dove?!?!  

i did the same thing with the MUFE mascara!! apparently my lashes are getting picky!!

It is straight junk.  Your eyes are just smart.

I've been tempted by the Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla line for months now!  What do you love about it?

I have so many empties over the past few months that I recycled to ORIGINS.

"Bring any cosmetic brand empty container into any Origins retail store & we’ll recycle it for you for FREE. All returned packing is sent back to a central location where products will be recycled or used for energy recovery."

Favorites/Will Buy

Spoiler
  • Origins Checks & Balances
  • Kiss My Face Moisture Shave (Peaceful Patchouli)
  • Kiss My Face Moisturizer (Lavender & Shea)
  • Skin Food Black Sugar Face Scrub (Korean company-loved the scent and exfoliating sugars in this)
  • Skin Food Strawberry Mask
  • Mane and Tail (as you can tell by the three empty bottles, I do like this stuff and have two bottles waiting in the wings.)
  • Clinique Moisture Surge Intense (does what it says)
  • Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief 
  • Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation (loved the texture and results after only two months or so.)
  • Mario Badescu Drying Mask (love, however, I just bought a similar mask from Origins (Out of Trouble 10 minute mask) that works just as good)
  • Boots Botanics Softening Body Wash (light scent, nice feel)
  • Murray's (it will be another 10 years before I finish my new tin)

Liked, not loved/Maybe Re-buy

Spoiler
  • Matrix Curl Life Spiraling Spray Gel & "Contouring Milk" (it appears they might not even make this anymore.)
  • Tresseme Flawless Curls (thick creme texture; works well, no flakes, nice hold)
  • Marc Anthony Strictly Curls (similar to every other decent to good curl creme)
  • Physician's Formula eyeliners, browns and blacks. (I'm not sure they are worth the PF price, but when they go on sale, I'll probably get them again.)
  • Clinique Acne Solutions (not as instant as I would like it to work; still good though.)
  • Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser (decent, but I've found better waterproof mascara removers like theBalm's Balm's Away and Josie Maran's Argan Cleansing Oil.)
  • Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Primer (I really like this one, but there are so many out there I have yet to try)
  • B&BW Cherry Blossom Scrub (I've always liked this scent and thought this was a nice body/elbow/foot scrub)
  • Paula's Choice Foundation Sample (medium coverage, semi-matte finish)

Hated/Will Not Buy

Spoiler
  • Blinc Mascara, same issue as BW, itchy eyes. The formula was too wet for my liking.
  • Too Faced Lash Injection, thankfully this was from a set. I would never buy this thick, goopy mascara
  • Sephora Volumizing Mascara, weird brush, blah formula
  • Olay moisturizer 
  • Clean & Clear "Mattifying" Moisturizer  (blah)
  • Neutrogena Blackhead Scrub (a little too rough for a scrub and I did not like the smell of it)
  • The Body Shop White Musk Spritzer
  • B&BW Midnight Pomegranate (too sweet smelling)

I got a Mario Badescu mask as a GWP from Ulta.  I opened it a couple of weeks ago, and it looks like dried up clay.  It is an off white color.  If I have the same one you have, what are the directions for use?  The sample does not say, so I was going to Google it to see how it works and if it is normal to look like that.

Where do you get your skin food items?? I'm so interested in trying all of those masks!

I'm sorry for not getting back to you much, much sooner.

We have a couple of Skin Food Stores in the Bay Area.

One is in the Stonestown Mall, San Francisco

And there is another one in the Westfield Valley Fair Mall in Santa Clara/San Jose.

On the website, they also have stores in

Flushing ChinaTown, NY (Roosevelt Ave.)

Another in Flushing, NY   (Northern Blvd)

Valley Plaza, Bakersfield, CA

Northridge, CA

Glendale Galleria, Glendale, CA

Los Cerritos, CA

Irving, CA

IMG_20141026_124924.jpg

So I did some makeup cleanup and didn't take a picture of all but let me tell you about these products here from left to right.

The tarte eyeliner was very thin, I did like it, it was perfect for tight lining. The purple eyeliner wasn't very well pigmented, definite pass. kvd mascara.. i liked it at the start but then it got to be as bothersome as the benefit they're real mascara. the ud liquid liner.. i liked the tip but not the formula, felt too runny for me. blinc mascara made my eyes water, i did give it a couple of tries, including the other day wearing just that to test it out again.. and yes, definitely something in the mascara that my eyes can't stand. 

What brand is the purple eyeliner? Is it Styli-Style?

I disliked the Blinc mascara too. I have another formula of their's to try, however, the first one made my eyes itchy too, so I'm not looking forward to it.

Thanks for the reviews

It's NYC, I bought it cause it was cheap but, sometimes you get hits, sometimes you get oh nos.. this was definitely and oh no. It does show some color, but I dont want to puncture my skin to get some deep color like the one seen. 

Mid-Month Empties:)IMG_0808.JPG

Will/Have Repurchased:

Herbal Essence Body Wash - Rose

Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover

GlamGlow Youth Mud

Benefit Porefessional

Joico K Pak Hair Mask

UD Deslick Setting Spray

Smashbox Photofinish Blemish Control Primer

MUFE HD Primer

Might Repurchase: