Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

My under eye area is constantly dehydrated even though I'm still in my 20s. I travel a lot too and I feel like this balm was OK. I wasn't too impressed with it. I liked the texture but it never felt like it sunk into my skin. I actually made an impulse purchase at an airport a while back and got the Cerave Eye Cream and it does an amazing job with keeping my under eye area hydrated during a flight. It sinks in so well and makes the skin so soft & plump looking! Plus this is just a personal preference but I prefer most of my skincare in non jar containers. I know not all ingredients need to be in air tight containers to remain stable but I prefer stuff in squeeze tubes or serum type containers. I swear whenever I have any type of jar packaging it somehow leaks/explodes all over my suitcase. Haha. 

The hydrating booster is really nice but the radiance booster didn't do that much for my skin. I didn't really see that much added radiance/glow to my skin. I've been using Skinceuticals CE Ferulic for a couple of months and that product really gives my skin a radiance boost. I was expecting a similar type of glow from the radiance booster but no luck. I still think the set is a good deal though, maybe wait for the 20% and give it a try. 

Hopefully that hat helps a bit. 🙂

Once again your empties make me feel like I'm going through my own stuff!

Q I'm currently using the cerave PM and i like don't like it... it's basic but gets the job done.

What's the dif btw the PM and the one you finished?

Great empties as usual 😉

Also i just bought the DDG trio how did you use them?

Mixed in or alone? 

Hehe great minds think alike. 😉 I actually use the Cerave SA for my body not my face. It works really well if you've got KP, those annoying little bumps you get on your upper arms. I actually tried the PM for my face and didn't like it at all! I think the main difference is that the SA Renewing has got salcidic acid. I know people that use it for their face but I haven't tried it on my face. I feel like it would be a little too thick. I just used the boosters as regular serum. I really liked the hydrating one before my moisturizer in the morning. I wish it came in the larger size like the radiance booster. I did try mixing them with some stuff but I just prefer them as a separate step. I think the green bottle, the purifying one is my least favorite. I only use that in my T-zone, I think the bottle is still

pretty full. 

I also have KP but use something prescribed by my derm. Oh oops I thought it was for your face! 

I tried the hydrating one a couple of times and liked it but then I got my Sarah Chap hydrating serum and set it aside. I didn't even touch the green one because I have dry skin so I passed it on to my mom.

I have to give the radiance one a try next 🙂

i'm backkkkkkkk!!! with a few empties 😛

full size

Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 11.07.33 PM.png

gimme MOARRRRR

• prada candy
  • fab facial radiance pads
  • devacurl set it free
  • almay eye makeup remover
  • tarte inner rim liner
  • jack black energizing cleanser (technically my stinky 11 year old used it but it destinked him!!!)

meh

• lancome lift cream
  • vichy hand cream
  • cake cake walk foot cream
  • evian lotion
  • too faced lip insurance 

deluxe samples

IMG_1994.jpg

gimme moarrrr

• algenist restorative night cream
  • hourglass mineral viel primer
  • bliss triple oxygen moisture cream

meh

• clarins multi active night cream
  • clarins day early unwrinkle corrector
  • clarins ultra light day cream
  • lancome visionnaire corrector
  • murad rapid age spot and pigment lightening serum
  • estee lauder wrinkle/lifting serum

foils

Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 11.07.43 PM.png

gimme MOARRRR

• devacurl styling cream
  • glam glow thirsty mud
  • glam glow super clearing mud
  • glam glow eye treatment
  • bliss triple oxygen energizing cream
  • napoleon prefoundation skin primer
  • caudalie moisturizing sorbet
  • ysl touche eclat
  • mj highlighting pen 
  • belvada blackhead mask
  • korres moisturizing brightening cream
  • fresh line soothing & hydrating face and eye emulson

meh

• la roche moisturizing cream

nu uh

• ud naked skin beauty balm
  • origins planscription anti-aging cream

NU UHS

these are products that i haven't finished by either i really dont like, broke me out or have gone bad

Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 11.07.52 PM.png

• nars duo - laguna & orgasm - not a huge fan and they've gone hard
  • bare minerals volumizing mascara - smelled bad at first open
  • loreal visible lift powder - blah
  • candy kisses lip balms- smell and taste great but sadly they've gone bad 😞
  • ball mania balm - gone bad - i bought it cuz it was cute
  • mark glow baby glow gloss and pro gloss - don't like
  • marc anthony keratin blow out cream - doesn't do a **bleep** thing

It destinked him.  Funniest thing I've read in a while.

At what age did you start him on normal (non baby/kid) products?  My oldest is almost 8 and has already expressed interest in Daddy's things (Mommy's too; he loves makeup).

🙂 destinking is a huge factor in my house!!!!  my son has an extremely high normal body temperature and so he sweats at the drop of a hat!!! he has used deodorant - more gentle ones at the beginning - since he was 6!!! he's used non kid lotions, soaps, and shampoo since about the same time.  

he, like me has curly hair so i just use the devacurl stuff in his hair!

Great post, Sparkle!

Anonymous Insider

Intriguing to see what worked for you and what you don't rate - excellent feedback! 🙂

It looks like you were able to scrape out some of the product from the bottom of the HG Mineral Veil. Can you share your technique? Mine is pretty much empty except that little bit at the bottom!

i tilted it on an angle over night!!! not all the way upside down but on a slight angle do that the product went on the sides!!!  that stuff is to expensive to waste!!!!

I know what you mean! This morning, I was trying to get what was left, and smacked it against my palm a few times, which seemed to work too haha. My palm did throb for a little bit, but it was still worth it. Your technique sounds way less painful!

i'm a wimp...i try to go with the pain free route!  plus at 5am when i'm getting ready i would possibly miss my hand and end up throwing it through the mirror

I don't remember if there's a little stopper there, but if there's, you can take it out and you'll be able to use every single drop of it 🙂 

I always love your empties posts. Your photos are always great, making trash look pretty! 🙂

Oh wow, I remember using those Candy Kisses lip balms when I was in high school!  I didn't even know they made them anymore.  Where did you get them?

i found them at a shoppers drug mart!  

Anonymous Insider

You know I always save my empty products for this thread to later toss them out because I have enough garbage around without having to purposely save it. LOL One of these days I'll have enough self control to store them somewhere and take a picture to put on here! But in the mean time I enjoy looking at all of your guys pics! :3

i keep one of those sephora vib bags under my vanity!  when i finish something i toss and forget about it til the end of the month

Anonymous Insider

That's an awesome idea! Thanks! I think I'll try that! 

1 Reply
testing