Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I've been keeping my empties now! Can't wait to have enough to post a picture of them all 🙂 

This thread is so inspiring. I recently started keeping my empties but I was not keeping larger bottles like shampoo, conditioner and shower gels. I also threw away empty foils or packaging of wipes and cotton etc. Today I saw some of the pics and now on I am going to keep bigger bottles and foils as well but so sad I threw away many big things just yesterday. Oh well there will be more soon 😉

Yes come join us! It actually helps you use things up!

I don't keep or count my foils because I find they're a little too messy and clutter up easily but it's EXTREMELY satisfying seeing the products you finish up 🙂 

I love this thread so much.  This actually inspired me to set up a BT account and start a bag of empties for September (I'm awaiting questions on why I'm keeping a bag of trash in the spare bathroom).

My cleaning lady almost threw my bag away. When I explained to her the concept, she looked at me like I was insane.

I should of just said I'm recycling stuff lmao

Haha everybody goes through this stage of question. I actually said that I'm keeping them to bring to Origins recycling program (which I started doing) haha. 

Some summer empties

image.jpg

Loved everything here!

These are mostly items i will always repurchase

image.jpg

Loved everything except that terrible brush, that l'oreal mascara(super hyped, had to see what the fuss was all about..not for me) and the Bobbi Brown eye make up remover.

I can't believe I finally finished a chapstick!

Also my beauty blender turned ugly and all moldy 😞

image.jpg

A few more favorites! I can't believe I finished a lipgloss! A full size one too! Nars Belize is a my lips but better w/ sparkles lip gloss for me

Exceptions are:

Dermalogica eye cream w/ spf: A gwp from Ulta, it was only a freebie because it was almost expired -.- Really Ulta!

Wasn't a fan of that aquafresh toothpaste but was only thing I could find at the drugstore when I ran out of mine while in Mexico.

A glade candle that started off great but had no scent by the end.

image.jpg

Loved everything here (except the awful strong smell of the karuna mask but the mask is effective)! I don't use any cotton besides the shiseido on my face. The Ulta ones I use to apply my prescription ingrown solution to my legs and underarms.

image.jpg

That Clarins lotion is good I've used others but so far this is the best one to day.

I tried those asian cottons as dupes for my shiseido ones... Not a dupe at all. They were gentle but not plush like the shiseido ones.

I am in love with Tuscan Blood Orange.  The scent is amazing.

I've been lurking here for a bit and I just want to say how much fun it is to see everyone's empties. I like how you guys review it all. It is encouraging me to finish up my products and save my empties.

A bit late but here are my empties for last month and a couple from this week.image.jpg

would repurchase

peter Thomas Roth camu camu brightening sleeping mask

md solar sciences mineral tinted creme

guerlain meteorites

hg mineral veil primer (when I'm down to six primers cause I'm space restricted)

ole hendriksen truth serum (I have tons of these still)

bumble and bumble hairdresser oil (won't be purchasing for a while though cause I'm fully stocked on hair oils )

murad illuminating day moisture SPF 30

caudalie premier cru la creme

N*7 crystal fixative lacquer for wizards davines (smells like cookies)

everything else wasn't worth mentioning

How is the sunblock hunt going?  Any keepers yet?

I like the peter Thomas Roth max sheer and the Vichy capital soleil the most so far.  I still like the neutrogena heloplex one for consistency but i read that the sunscreen is actually solar unstable which is kinda bad, lol.  I've been using it on clothing-covered skin.

I have an entire box of sunscreens to try still.  They'll be showing up as I use em.   

I actually have not had any empties for over 2 weeks (except the items I took on my trip and tossed at the hotel, thus have no review for), so these are all from July and August.

Empties July and August 2014 1.jpg

Spoiler

Loved

Alterna Caviar Daily Scalp Treatment- My scalp was dry and my hair was oily when I started using this stuff.  I got a sunburn on the top of my head and the resulting flakes lingered longer than usual.  This stuff really seems to clean my scalp, so it does not stay dry and tight.  That makes it itch a lot less, thus the flakes stay at bay.  I will keep buying this probably forever.

Carol's Daughter Monoi Body Cream Oil- It requires very little product to really moisturize.  I use it on my hands and body.  The smell is nice.  This has a great texture too.  Despite the oil, it is not greasy at all.

Eucerin Intensive Repair- My sons' Pediatrician swears by this brand.  It is very inexpensive but it really works on their very dry skin.  I admit that I rarely use it on myself, but I do in a pinch.  It is great stuff.

Diana B Maple Sugar Body Lotion- It worked pretty well for a very thin lotion.  Great for summer time.  The smell is amazing.  I bought this on clearance at $10.  I think the regular price is $25, which I do not dig at all.

Pacifica Coconut Crushed Pearl Body lotion- I never actually used this on my body.  It was just barely thick enough for my hands, but I love the smell.  It leaves a serious shimmer behind, which was fine for a temporary situation on my hands.  I could not handle all of that shimmer on my body though.

Asprey Bar Soap- I am not really into bar soaps but this is a good one.  I love the way it smells.  It lathers nicely, and it does not leave my skin as dry as most bars.  I stock up on these whenever we stay at the Ritz Carlton.

Lancome Dual Finish Powder- I have loved this powder forever, but I cannot seem to find the right summer color.  My winter color is perfect, but in summer it is too light.  This sample was way too dark.

May Try Again

Up and Up Cotton Rounds- They get the job done.  Nothing overly special but the price is great.

Soft Soap Coconut and Warm Ginger- I have the world's messiest kid.  This is a decent smelling and working soap that does not leave an obvious mess all over my sink when he spills it everywhere.  Before I switched to clear soap without any "beads," I was cleaning the sink multiple times a day.

Wen Sweet Almond Mint Deep Conditioner- I am being generous by listing it here.  The thing is I did not hate it, but I did not really like it either.  I am unsure it did anything at all.  I have used worse hair masks, so I would try this again (in a kit or as a freebie).

Kat Von D Makeup Removing Wipes- They removed makeup decently well (keep in mind I never remove eye makeup with a wipe, so I cannot attest to that with any wipe).  My problem was they left my face with a film.  I had to wash it after removing the makeup.  I try to only use a cleansing water after makeup removal, but it did not seem to remove the film these left behind.  Therefore, I would not buy these.  I would use additional samples though.

Not for Me

Carol's Daughter Body Jelly- I love this brand and get great deals for being a member.  I ordered a duo of these, so I am still using the other one reluctantly (not really sure why).  The smell is terrible.  The texture is even worse.  It leaves me feeling so greasy.  I would say it feels like putting bad smelling vaseline on your body.  

Empties July and August 2014 2.jpg

Spoiler

Loved

Ole Henriksen Truth to Go Wipes- The best wipe I have ever used.  I purchased a ton of cheapie wipes hoping to find one I can handle, then I got these in an Ipsy bag.  I am having buyer's remorse on all of the cheapies but forcing myself to use them anyway.  These smell amazing, leave my skin with an incredible glow, remove everything and my skin feels great after using them.  Unless, I get lucky on one of the cheapie wipes, I will be splurging on these probably forever.

Lancome Creme Mousse Confort- It leaves my skin so soft and squeaky clean.  The price is good for Lancome at only $25.  You only need a tiny bit for a great lather, so it lasts a long time.  I like the smell too.

Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Hand Cream- My older son and I flip for this scent.  It is so amazing.  The cream is very moisturizing, and I love the way it makes my hands feel.

H2o+ Targeted Hand Cream- I like the smell and the way it makes my hands feel.  It is thick and works well unless my hands are really, really dry.

May Try Again

Sheseido Eye Patches- Seemed all right.  Would try again.

Ulta Peppermint Hand Lotion- Decent lotion for $0.49 (marked down from $3).  The smell is all right.  I would buy this again at $0.49 but would pass at $3.

Peter Thomas Roth Shampoo- The smell of this stuff is not the best, and I wish it lathered a little better.  It is all right though.  Nothing I would buy, but I will gladly take the samples home from the Hilton each time we stay.  I leave the lotion behind though.  "It smells like a man."

Crabtree and Evelyn Citron Conditioner- All right.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  Cannot even remember which hotel stay I got this from.

Estee Lauder Serum- Thicker than I expected.  Felt slightly moisturizing.

Murad Clarifying Wipe- Listing this here, because I truly cannot remember what I thought of this.  Guess it could not have been too great, right.

Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels- They were all right.  I did not see quite the same effect from my OH gel or my GlamGlow for eyes.  I will use up the ones I purchased and any future samples I may get.  I doubt I would purchase them again though.

Peter Thomas Roth Conditioner- On par with the shampoo listed above.

Not for Me

Thann Aromatherapy Body Wash- Between the lack of lather and the unpleasant smell, I would rather not try the is product again.

Shine Conditioner- I am over this stuff.  It does nothing for me.  I will use up the stock I have left but will not take any more from our Sheraton stays.  We just stayed at the Sheraton for 3 days last week, and I took zero home.  Time to get better products, Sheraton.

Empties July and August 2014 3.jpg

Spoiler

Loved

Sephora Beauty Spatula- You may have noticed some of my items are cut open this time.  That is thanks to this beauty.  I use it every time I want to get more out of an item and the bottle is not too small.  The spatula is too big for really small bottles.

Lancome Dreamtone- It was incredibly hard to break into this bottle.  After more than 15 minutes of trying, I enlisted my husband's help.  It took him another 5 minutes.  Even after paying $98 for this, I would not spend 20 minutes and endure the pain (hurt my right hand) to break into this again.  There was only enough product in the tube to get about 4 more uses.  Now onto the product itself.  It is evening out my skin tone and lightening my age spot(s).  I am taking a quick break but look forward to using this again soon.

Lancome Visionnaire 1 minute Blur- At this point, I am not ready to drop $55 on it.  I would consider it with a fantastic GWP though.  The texture is dreamy.  It does everything it should.

Sephora Cotton Rounds- They are softer and stronger than my Target cheapies.  I will still only but these when they're on sale for some reason.  One day, I need to splurge to try the Sheseido ones everyone raves about.  I am just so cheap with my cotton.

ReVive Eye Serum- I am thankful Glossybox sent me two of these, because I love it.  I would never buy it though.  $350 for an eye serum is crazy.  It does work though.  My eyes are looking less wrinkled and they feel less dry when I apply this before my eye cream.

Lancome Absolue Night Cream- I like the smell and feeling.  Unless my skin is feeling very dry, this is one of my favorites.

Clinique Moisture Surge Night Cream- It really does provide great moisture.  Feels nice.

Oral B Glide Dental Floss- Tasteless and glides through my teeth without getting stuck.  Great stuff.

Caudalie Vinosource Sorbet- It was a little thin and the formula is not the best for my skin type.  I still think it moisturized decently well considering all of that.

Lancome Genefique- It brightens my skin and preps it for whichever other serum I am using.  I try to get samples of this whenever I can.  

GlamGlow for eyes- It makes my eyes bright, less puffy and removes most of my dark circles.  Other than the slight burning, which I hate, this stuff is the best.

May Try Again

R+Co Gemstone Shampoo and Conditioner- There was not enough in the foil for me to get a feel one way or the other.  I had to add other products to both samples.

Jurlique Antioxidant Mask- I did not notice a difference before or after.  The product did expire the month I finished it though, so I would be willing to try it again further out from the expiration date.

Ahava Moisturizer- This is another product that I cannot remember trying.  I like the hand lotion (except for the smell).  I just do not remember what I thought of this.

Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Primer- It felt all right and held onto my makeup.  My skin did not look as great with it as it does with some others.

Whish Shave Cream- I have a love hate relationship with this stuff.  It smells terrible, and I hate that it does not really lather.  It does give an incredibly close shave though.  Birchbox sent me another tube as a GWP.  I am gladly using it, but I cannot see myself buying this.

Prevage Night Cream- The smell is not my favorite.  I did not like how thick it was either.  Researching it, I get the impression it is not meant to be thick.  I would love to try this again to see if I got a faulty sample or if I really dislike the product. Due to the thickness, I felt it set on top of my skin and never sank in.

Dolce and Gabana Foundation- This was not the right color for me.  Although, I did not think the formula was anything special, I would try it again to be sure.

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum- It's all right

Philosophy Time in a Bottle- Ditto

NARS Pro Prime- Nothing special or terrible.  (This is the face primer).

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Toner- Felt all right.  Want to try again.

Estee Lauder Serum- Could not really get a feel.  Will try again at some point.

Not for Me

Loreal Revitalift Miracle Blur- Ulta does not let you pick your samples and has sent me an insane amount of these.  I've been using them despite not really liking them.  A lot of people compare it to the Lancome Blur (see above), but it is very different.  For one, it is thicker and does not blend in well.  It feels like it sits on top of my skin.  The worst part is I hate the texture.

Arcona Magic White Ice- My skin is just too dry for this gel type of moisturizer.  The smell was nice, and I did like the way it felt going on.  Within 5-10 minutes, my skin felt dry again.

Shine Shampoo- Feel the same way about the shampoo as I do the conditioner listed after the second picture.

Guerlain Imperiale Eye and Lip Cream- I cannot stand the way this tastes, so I cannot use it on my lips.  It did not feel like anything special on my eyes.

Shu Uemera Foundation- The color is way too yellow to be considered neutral.  It did not apply evenly or sit well on my face.

Bare Minerals Serum- I've tried enough of these to realize this does not do anything for me.

Aubrey Face Cream- It smelled and terribly as it felt.  One of the worst samples I've ever tried.

Empties July and August 2014 4.jpg

Spoiler

Loved

Lancome Exfoliant Fraichelle- The smell is amazing.  I like that it exfoliates without feeling too harsh.  It does not give me a rash as most do.  For $35, the bottle could be a little bigger.  Due to the price, I will not rush out to buy this again.

H2o+ Mint Foot Cream- I love the smell, and the way it relaxes my feet. It works great unless my feet are really dry.  H2o+Hydrating Body Butter- Thick, creamy, moisturizing, and I like the smell.

H2o+ Sleeping Facial- It was thick and creamy, which is what I look for in a sleeping facial.  My skin woke up soft.

Lancome BiFacial- Removes makeup easily.  Is gentle on my eyes.  The oil even makes my eyes feel less dry than usual.  It is my HG and the reason I do not use makeup removing wipes on my eyes.

Clarisonic Body Brush- Works great for exfoliating with the Clarisonic Plus.

Clariconic Pore Refining Brush- This is my favorite Clarisonic face brush.  I hate when my pores clog, and I feel this does the best to prevent that.

Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Cream- It makes my hair look shiny without looking greasy (very few things do that).  I like that my very frizzy hair always looks less so when I use this too.

May try Again

Sheaterra Organics Agran and Ghassool Soap- I am just not into bar soaps, but I like trying everything.  This is one my husband likes.  It smells okay and leaves my skin feeling decent.

Dior Lash Primer- I thought about putting this in the not for me category, because it clumped so quickly.  It did not apply well at all.  On the off chance I got a faulty bottle, I would try a sample again.

Crabtree and Evelyn Citron Shampoo- All right. Nothing more. Nothing less. Cannot even remember which hotel stay I got this from.

Rhonda Alison Eye and Lip Serum- I mostly used this on my lips because it was way too shiny on my eyes.  When I used it on my eyes, I only used it at night due to the shininess.  It is only $5 cheaper than By Terry Balm De Rose (which I love), so I would not repurchase.  It took me well over a year to finish this thing, so it feels good to have it gone.

Rhonda Alison drop of Essence Hydration Drops- This came in handy when I used her line, because overall the products were very drying.  This was a little thick and the texture was not the best, but it did combat the dry feeling.

Not for Me

Burt's Bees Honey and Grapeseed Hand Cream- I forced myself to finish this.  It is way too thin for a hand cream, and I hate the smell.  I need something more moisturizing that does not smell badly.

Shine Lotion- Feel the same way about this as I do the shampoo and conditioner listed above.  I am just over the brand.

Head and Shoulder's Shampoo- Bought this before my Alterna scalp spray to help with flakes.  I never used it until I noticed the expiration date was approaching.  In its defense, I had no flakes when I finally tried it.  Thus, I did not get to see if it removed them or not.  I just hate the smell.  It did not do much for the look of my hair either.

Oh haha, I never thought to put my cłarisonic brushes in.  I just went through another set as well. Do you find they"'re so much harsher when they're really new?  

Yes, I hate the brushes when they're brand new.  They're just too rough.  It takes about a week or longer before I start loving them again.

It is so rewarding to finish them.  I admit certain things make me happy and other things make me sad.  My Dreamtone being empty was a sad moment, because I told myself I will use all of my Bright Expert (opened last June) before I get another Dreamtone.  I am going to miss it for a while.  Bright Expert is not my favorite serum but tossing a serum I paid $70 for is not something I want to do.

I've been trying to use up my not-sô-favorite things first if expiry dates let me.  You'll be through it before you know it especially having fewer options open and available.  Thís thread is really helping with tidying up my product area.  Best thread idea ever!  I'm still surprised with how much stuff I had around that I was disregarding.

Ladies I missed BT sooo much! Now that summer is over and I've been accumulating empties for 2 months I can't wait to finally throw everything in the trash after I post my pic 😉 None of my friends seem to understand why I have a bag full of empties collecting dust lol

IMG_7336.jpeg

August Empties: Short and Sweet Edition

Loves -

VS Pro Moisture FX Softening Lip Balm

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Amazing Concealer - Medium Beige... perfect shade.  That never happens with samples!

Just ok, meh - 

Shea Sugar Body Scrub - Hawaiian Kukui

Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask

Too Faced Bronzing Wardrobe - Chocolate Soleil was great, Endless Summer didn't even show up on my skintone.

Dislike - 

Naobay Body Radiance Lotion - Just another hotel-grade body lotion

Dr. Brandt dual fusion water - left me with black streaky eyes, wouldn't recommend

The Body Shop Coconut shower cream - great smell, but I need suds

1 Reply
testing