Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I use phyto 9.. and I'm debating repuchase.. it's awesome!

Welcome.  I've been wanting to try Batiste dry shampoo and will get there when I whittle down some of my stash.  Love BiFacial.  I love GlamGlow for eyes, so I am sorry to read you didn't.

Just saw I had a ton of typos, the iPad keyboard is acting weird! The batiste is $4 at tj maxx, often I can find it there. That is one thing I've re-purchased many times, lots of scents and I like the cute designs.  The glam glow is good, but I didn't see a huge enough difference to buy. I love the face masks from them though, especially thirsty mud.

Better late than never! July empties.

P. August.JPG

Loved, would repurchase or already have:

Cerave Renewing SA Lotion: It got rid of my KP on my arms in about 8 days! I stopped using it for ten days and my KP was back. I’ve purchased a bunch of backups of this. Really love it!

Cerave Moisturizing Cream: I use this when my skin is really dry. I typically switch between this and the SA Renewing Lotion.

Alba Botanica Very Emollient Bath & Shower Gel in Mango Scent: Love these body washes. Hydrating and good ingredients. Will always repurchase.

Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum: Doesn’t cause milia. Hydrates well. I even use this all over my face a couple of times since it’s similar to the serum. Love the texture.

Josie Maran Argan Milk: I apply this before my moisturizer or mix it in with it. Works great when my skin needs extra hydration.

Indeed Labs Hydraluron Hyaluronic Serum: Made my skin plump and super soft. It’s just so hard to find in the US! Walgreens carries Indeed Labs but they never have Hydraluron..

MUAC Prep Solution: Use this before my MUAC Mandelic Peel. Neutrolizes the skin and preps for a peel.

Prescription Retinoid: HG item. Retinoids completely changed my skin. I use them every other night.

Alpha Hydrox Spotlight Skin Lightener: Great 2% hydroquinone based brown spot lightener. Use this on my chest/back to lighten old sunspots (teenage sunbathing days, wwwhyy!?!?) and it works really well. I’m finishing up another tube and then I’m going to take a break off of hydroquinone products for a while.

On the fence, a maybe repurchase:

Bath & Body Works Bellini Small Candle & Hawaiian Hibiscus Mini Candle

Bath & Body Works Triple Moisture Cucumber Melon: I don’t like the regular BBW lotions but these Triple Moisture Creams are very hydrating. Would consider repurchasing, just a different scent.

Dr. Dennis Gross Hydra-Pure Vitamin C Brightening Serum: This is really great formulated Vitamin serum, I’m just not a fan of the silicone texture. I’m currently using a Vitamin C Serum by Skinceuticals which I prefer more…

Dr. Dennis Gross Age Erase Moisture Mega 10: Hydrating and doesn’t break me out. It does a great job of fixing dehydrated skin, however, I’m not sure if it’s a must have in my skincare routine.

Not for me, wouldn’t repurchase:

Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish

Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum

Clarins UV Plus HP SPF 40 Sunscreen

Chanel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

Q. August.JPG

Loved, would repurchase or already have:

Ardell Accent Lashes 301: I’m still getting the hang of lashes. These are a lot easier to place on my lashes that full lashes. I use these when I do a winged eyeliner look.

NYX Super Skinny Eye Marker: Great skinny liner. Lasts about 6 hrs on my eyes (I don’t have oily lids). The only issue is the actual marker dries out kind of fast but it’s really affordable so I don’t really have an issue with it drying out so fast.

Leaders Insolution Aquaringer x 2: Great before/after flight for extra hydration.

Leaders Insolution Vitabright: HG mask for getting extra glow.

Soap & Glory Righteous Body Butter: Still love this body butter. In the near future I will repurchase for sure.

It’s a 10 Miracle Hair Mask: Made my bleached hair super soft and healthy looking. Didn’t weigh down my hair.

On the fence, a maybe repurchase:

Leaders Insolution Hydrogel Eye Therapy Patch: I was obsessed with this for a couple of months, especially before/after flights but I’ve found other eye treatments that I prefer over this… maybe I’ll repurchase it in the future.

Duri Rejuvacote: Helped with nail growth but it wasn’t anything major.

Alterna Bamboo Volume Shampoo & Conditioner: Gave great volume and made my wavy hair look great.

Bumble & Bumble Hairdresser Shampoo & Conditioner x2: Smells sooo good. I’ve got a couple more samples left and will consider purchasing this once I use up some hair care stuff.

Phyto Pythovolume Volumizing Conditioner: Made my skin really soft and provided great volume.

Not for me, wouldn’t repurchase:

Leaders Insultion Sheet Mask AC Clear x 2, Illuminating, Coconut Biomask Tomato: Alright masks, didn’t notice much difference in my skin.

Leaders Insolution Pore Clinic Strip: I still have a couple more left of these and I will use them up, but I’ve decided not to repurchase them.

Algenist Triple-Action Micropolish & Peel: Irritated my skin.

Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel: Really nice peel, but I have other alpha hydroxy products that I prefer.

Josie Maran Bear Naked Nail Wipes & Butter London Scrubbers: I prefer using an liquid nail polish remover with a cotton pad. These took off polish OK but nothing special.

Exuviance Ultra Restorative Cream: Too much for my combo skin.

Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Cleanser: Dried out my skin too much.

Marc Jacobs Daisy, Desigual Sex, Valentino Valentina, Cartier Baiser Vole, See by Chloe, Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet, Tom Ford Noir: I have too much perfume so I’m not purchasing any at the moment, but the Dior & Cartier stood out.

I used to love the Cumcumber melon scent when I was younger, but I am over it too.  People keep buying it for me though, so I can never get rid of it.

I think that's why I repurchased it, the scent has so much high school nostalgia linked with it. I used to be obsessed with it but I've definitely out grown the scent.

Anonymous Insider

Just wondering - how do you make sure you used up all the candle wax in the B&W 3 wick candle (Belinni)?  I always throw my candles out eventhough it's still 1/5 full since the rope wick has ran out =(  Always felt it's a waste of money since I know it's still usable..

I don't think you can use up the last bit of the 3-wick candles. 😞 I usually have a little bit of wax left too, the wicks just run out. The Belinni was the small size, I think. It only had one wick.

Alrigh!  It took me a couple days to get back to normal after my camping trip but here are my empties for July

amourpacific refreshing moisture bound gel-  meh, not as good as shiseido.

ole hendriksen sheer transformation-  one of my favorite creams.  So light and quick absorbing.  I rebuy. 

Dior hydra life skin perfect-  I liked it.  Felt very nice on and has a subtle nice smell.  I would consider buying this when I run low on something else.

murad illuminating day moisture SPF 30-  really loved this one!   Will be purchasing this!  I love that it's a lotion that has SPF! 

Urban decay original eye primer-  I don't like these.  It goes on clumpy and there are patchy areas when it dries.  :/. I used it when I knew I'd be at home with neutral eye looks and only cause I was trying to use up my samples.

mufe hd primer-  these were alright.  They went on light and did their job.  I have no complaints.  If you're looking for a basic primer I'd suggest this, the thing is there are a lot of other primers out there that work on specific skin conditions which many of us have.  If your skin is already pretty decent and has no issues this is good. 

Fresh black tea instant perfecting mask- I liked this as far as I remember.  I am already using retinoids and glycolic peels here and there so I beleive I was able to absorb more antioxidants. I have it on my purchase list.

shiseidosun protection- lightweight and feels lovely on!  Will repurchase! 

Md solar sciences mineral tinted cream-  love!   It looks just like your skin but better!!!  I got more compliments on my skin than usual wearing this stuff!!  I love that it's a sunscreen as well! 

Japan gals face mask- I really enjoy these!  I have so many more to try!  I picked up one of each when I was in japan last year!  They're so relaxing!  

Asience shampoo and conditioner-  I received a bunch of these as a gift from the hotel in japan last year.  I like them.  They don't dry out my hair and they smell like flowers.  I don't think I'd rebuy unless I were in a situation where that was all I recognized. 

Strivectin-sd cream-  I really love this stuff.  It's already been repurchased.

sephora waterproof eye makeup remover- this is my go to remover.  Enough said

body shop satsuma body wash-  I used to like body shop and this is one of many residual items.  I love the smell but find it actually drying.  Won't be repurchasing but I'm sure it will be gifted to me again at christmas. 

Feria power shimmer conditioner- love this stuff!  I buy hair dyes and toss the dye and use the conditioner.  Lol!  Guilty! 

Vaseline problem skin therapy- I love this!!  I have lots of body shop butters that are too strong and I've been mixing them with the Vaseline cream and it really tones it down.  I love that it's Unscented.  I always rebuy this stuff.

dior addict perfume- already own and love this

i'eau d'issey perfume- really nice

cartier la panthere- buying this once I use up one perfume bottle. 

Abh brow wiz-  my HG brow product. 

Ysl babydoll mascara-  so far the best mascara I've tried.  Waiting til I use up six of my other mascaras before repurchasing

smashbox full exposure mascara- hated this!  Dried out really fast and flaked. 

The rest are sunscreens-

i would only reccomend 

coppertone ultra guard SPF 70-  because SPF 70!  I only use this on my body however cause it does sting if you get it in your eyes. 

Neutrogena ultra sheer dry touch SPF 30- this is fantastic!! It is a cream to powder product!! Love it!  It's great for face! 

Hawaiian tropic sheer touch spf45-  loved this one as well.  So light and creamy.  I love that I'm moisturizing while sunscreening:) 

image.jpg

Welcome back.  I've missed your beautiful face.  I like the Neutrogena sunscreen too.  I've never tried any of the other ones.  Glad to her you like the Babydoll mascara.  I keep going back and forth trying to decide whether or not to open that or the Better Than Sex Mascara next.  I cannot decide which I want to try more.

Thanks kim!  I missed you as well but there was no way to get away from all the other people for long enough to sign in an contribute':/.  It was intoxication week for all our friends and it's hard to escape drunk friends when you're sharing cabins..i've  got that better than sex mascara  open as well as three others right now.  So far not impressing me.  It's so clumpy.  I'd open that one first since I have a feeling the babydoll will just make you hate it more.  Wow, I must really not like it at all. 

Here are my July empties!  I'm a bit behind and didn't go through as many foils cause work's been crazy.IMG_1249a.jpg

Spoiler

Loves/HG items - will repurchase:

• Paul Mitchell Quick Slip styling cream
  • Redken Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner: HG, makes my hair so soft
  • Neutrogena makeup remover wipes
  • Neutrogena Deep Clean face scrub
  • Clinique Super Rescue moisturizer
  • UD Naked Skin foundation 6.0
  • UD Primer potion
  • UD 24/7 eyeliner in Black Market

• Sephora body butter
  • TF Better than sex mascara: I prefer the travel size, hard to use this size up before it starts clumping
  • BBW Pure Paradise body wash
  • Bee Kind body lotion
  • Paul Mitchell Hair Rescue Treatment:  took me forever to use this up, I liked it at first but I think I'll buy something else next time

Dislikes

• Yes to carrots body butter: not moisturizing enough
  • Boscia black cleanser: makes my eyes burn when I rinse
  • Pearl souffle shaving cream: was super silky but definitely overpriced
  • Stila 10-in-1 BB cream: made me super greasy
  • Blinc mascara: ok at first, trying to put on a second coat was a total nightmare, not good after second week
  • MUFE Smoky Extravagant mascara: spider-lash-city, threw out after first use
  • Alterna Bamboo volume shampoo and conditioner: horrible tangles, conditioner did nothing, never again
  • BB Hairdresser's Invisible Oil shampoo and conditioner: too heavy for my fine hair, smells great though

I cannot agree more of the MUFE mascara.  Unlike you, I tried to use it for a while.  In retrospect, I should have tossed it after the first use.  It is not like I do not have 40 more unopened mascaras.  Thanks for the tip on getting the smaller size Better than Sex mascara.  I am going to try that next or just after Babydoll.  I never use a full tube of mascara, so I prefer buying kits with smaller sizes or using sample sizes.

Screen Shot 2014-08-03 at 5.04.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-08-03 at 5.04.00 PM.pngWill repurchase:

boscia Makeup Breakup Cleansing Oil - works great to remove makeup, I use it as a first cleanse when I wear makeup

boscia Black Mask - I love peeling it off, my skin looks better after using and it nips any blemishes in the bud

Every Strand Argan Hair Mask - love it! Easy to use, already repurchased the bigger size, my hair is so soft after using this

Skintimate Shave Cream - keeps my legs moisturized

L'Oreal Sulfate Free Shampoo - my HG

RL #4 - Love it for summer

Clinique Dramatically Different Gel - one of the only moisturizers that does not break me out

Just OK

Caress body wash - smells good, but there are others I like more

Aveda Dry Remedy - works pretty well, not a huge fan of the smell

Degree - works ok, I like Secret better, but they didn't have my normal one so I picked this up

Not a fan

Sport Sunscreen - eh, didn't last very long for a sport sunscreen, also not a huge fan of spray sunscreens

John Frieda Root Awakening Conditioner - did nothing for my hair

boscia White Mask - made my skin worse

FAB Facial Polish - ok, but nothing special, I like others more

Neutrogena sport face sunscreen - super oily, pretty much every time I used it I had a new blemish or two

Anonymous Insider

I'm working though my stash of samples to justify this week's shopping. I would definitely purchase the glam glow, peter thomas roth bath gel and argan oil. 

i came, i saw, i used!!!

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 2.32.48 PM.png

would repurchase

• glysomed hand cream
  • MUFE lift concealer
  • anastasia brow whiz
  • bb solid cleanser
  • vaseline problem skin therapy moisturizer
  • algenist gentle rejuvenating cleanser
  • algenist eye balm
  • soft soap - body butter coconut scrub

meh

• vaseline extra strength moisturizer
  • jergins vitamin e moisturizer
  • vichy hand cream
  • biotherm intensive repair lotion
  • stila convertible eye colour

no

• ole henrikson truth is in the eyes

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 2.32.29 PM.png

would repurchase

• algenist firming and lifting lotion
  • origins plantscription
  • lancome bi-facial
  • shu uemua skin purifier
  • too faced chocolate soleil
  • algenist overnight restorative cream

meh

• ud primer potion
  • nexxus rejuvenating elixir
  • lancome hypnose mascara
  • derma dr kp drying lotion

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 2.32.13 PM.png

would repurchase

• lancome visionnaire 1 minute blur
  • algenist genius
  • dior dream skin
  • dr brant pores no more primer
  • amore pacific rejuvenating cream
  • algenist multi perfecting pore corrector concentrate
  • ysl touche eclat
  • dr brant pores no more vacuum cleaner
  • origins gin zing eye cream
  • amore pacific age defence pore corrector gel moisturizer
  • caudalie lacreme
  • belvada blackhead facial mask
  • korres anti anging primer

meh

• fab ultra repair cream
  • boscia hydration gel
  • MUFE hd primer

no

• benefit stay flawless primer

I love the scent of the soft soap - body butter coconut scrub I've lost count of how many times I've bought it.

BiFacial is fantastic.  I like that you only had one no from everything you tried.  I know your skin color is not much darker than mine.  How are you applying the chocolate soliel?  I used it (again) for the first time the other day.  I am liking it more than before but thinking I will concentrate it on certain areas and use a lighter bronzer in others.  

i like it...i use a mac 163 around the outside of my forehead and use my ud optical blurring blush to blend...it ends up being very subtle on me

Thanks. I am thinking of using it for the hollows of my cheeks and sides of my nose but trying a lighter color for my three and E.  I will keep practicing applying it with a lighter hand and blending more.

Killin it as usual, Ms. Sparkle 🙂

testing