Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

That's definitely one of my favorite aspects of TSBs! I love being able to put in items that others are excited about and love getting to tell people that some of their pass-on items have become my favorites!

I think it's my first real empty ever!

Finished my small (.5 oz) GlamGlow Youthmud tonight WHOOHOO!

EMPTY.jpg

(got 10 masks outta this baby!)

These are my empties from May and June.  Please excuse the dried up mask that spilled all over (thankfully, I laid down a towel).

Empties June 2014.jpg

Empty Foils June 2014.jpg

Spoiler

Loved -Would/Have Repurchase(d)

Carol's Daughter Monoi Body Repairing Cream Oil- This works great on my hands and body and the smell is nice.  The oil helps penetrate deeply while the cream prevents it from feeling greasy.

Carol's Daughter Almond Cookie Bath and Body Oil- My skin is very dry, and I love the way this penetrates deeply.  It is oil, so I would not recommend it for anyone who does not like the shiny look.  It is shiny for the first couple of hours while it absorbs.  I prefer the Ecstasy scent, so I would not likely purchase this scent again unless it was in a nice kit or on sale.

Carol's Daughter Love Butter- This stuff is so rich.  It really helps my dry skin even more than the oil.  For the price, you do not get much product, so I only use it when I am VERY dry.  I prefer the Ecstasy scent in this product too, so I would not likely purchase Love again.

Carol's Daughter Ecstasy Body Souffle- Penetrates deeply without going on greasy.  My current favorite body cream (unless I am VERY dry, then I prefer the Butter listed above).

Ulta Dragonfruit 3 in 1 Beauty Smoothie- I love the smell of every scent I've tried so far.  This is a great one, but I will keep exploring the different scents before I settle on one.  These leave my skin softer than most soaps too.

Wen Lavender Cleansing Conditioner- I love what Wen does for my hair.  It leaves it softer, less frizzy, more manageable and I get less fall out.  My hair is a mess too, so I am glad this helps.  The lavender one is the best one for me, because I have fine hair.

Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve- My husband's favorite, but I always steal it.  I love how it moisturizes, because some creams disappear as soon as I put them on.  It is not too greasy either.

H2o+ Targeted Care Hand and Nail Cream- This works decently well, and I actually like the smell (my husband does not).  When my hands are really dry, I need something stronger.  I like this better than the stronger ones when they're not too bad, because the price is better.

H2o+ Targeted Care Mint Foot Rub- The smell is amazing.  I like the very slight tingling that helps my tired feet.  It penetrates deeply, but I need something stronger when my feet get really dry.

Lancome Absolue Premium Bx Day Cream- It feels great, and I cannot really smell the sunscreen.  The smell is nice.  When my skin is really dry though, I need something a little stronger.  

Glamglow Bright Mud Eye Treatment- If you can get past the first two minutes when this stuff is burning, it is so worth it.  My eyes always look so bright and have minimal dark circles after using this.  It only lasts about a day though, and I only use these once or twice a week.

Lancome Visionnaire Serum- This stuff really works.  My skin is getting better.

Go Smile Teeth Whitening System- It gives subtle whitening, but it really works on teeth that have been filled whereas many other products do not.

Too Faced Primed and Poreless Face Primer- I liked the base this created.  It was very matte and smooth.  While it is not my favorite primer, it worked nicely.  I could repurchase this is in the right situation.

Alchimie Forever Calming Evening Cream (foil)- It is usually hard to get a good feeling from a small foil, but this was thick and creamy.  I liked the smell, and my skin felt softer in the morning (hours after application).

Clinique Pore Refining Solutions (foil) - It definitely made my pores look smaller without going on thick (like Porefessional).  I would repurchase this, but it is not my favorite.  

Em Lipsticks in Misty Mauve and Daredevil (foil)- I already knew I loved Misty Mauve, because I own it.  The Daredevil color is stunning and buildable.  It can be worn as a medium to dark color.  For $16, this is a decent lipstick.  I kind of want to buy Daredevil, but I do not like the recent stuff I read on the brand's founder.

Hempz body Fresh Coconut and Watermelon Nourishing Body Wash (foils)- I liked everything about this product.  It smells great, leaves my skin soft and lathers really well.

Okay -May Repurchase

Carol's Daughter Ecstasy Body Cleansing Gel- I just prefer more lather, but it feels and smells great.

Phyto Phytokeratine Masque- Nothing special.  Nothing terrible.

June Jacobs Peppermint Hand and Foot Therapy- Do not get me wrong.  I love this stuff.  For $40 a bottle though, I do not want to keep repurchasing.  Hopefully, I can find something a little cheaper.  The H2o foot cream is only $15, but it does not work as well when my feet get really dry.

Lancome Renergie Eclat Multi Lift-  This is another one that would move up a category if the pricing was a little better.  Although I really like it, $75 is just too much for it.  My $38 Big Easy works almost as well, but is half the price.

No4 Fleurs de Temps Volumizing Shampoo- It smells great and really provides volume.  My problem is it leaves my hair feeling a little sticky and more frizzy than usual.

No4 Fleurs de Temps Volumizing Conditioner (foil)- Sample was not big enough, but I feel it was likely in line with the shampoo.

Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer- It smells all right for an spf 40 product.  I wished it was a little thicker, because it dried my skin a little.  That said, when my skin was not dry, it worked nicely.  My face never burned when I was outside for short periods on time with just this (I burn easily with some light spf products).

Elizabeth Arden Prevage Eye Serum- It works, but I am looking for something a little stronger for advanced wrinkles.  I think I found one I love, but the price is insane.  Thanks a lot Glossybox!

Sephora Monoi Creamy Body Wash- The formula was nice, and I liked the smell.  It was the perfect amount for a single use too.  I just do not need single use washes, because everywhere I go there is soap that gets the job done.  If I needed to add something quickly for free shipping, I would grab some of these.

Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion- Decent serum.  It is possible the sample was too small to give this a real shot, so I would try it again.

Neutrogena Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelettes- They get the job done.  I am on a quest to find an inexpensive one I like better, so I would not repurchase anytime soon.  If nothing I find is better, I may repurchase in the future.

Lancome Absolue L'Extrait Ultimate Eye patches- These worked great, but they are more than I want to spend.  I would definitely welcome samples.

Boots Botanics Ionic Clay Mask (foil)- It worked decently.  I just was not wowed.

Rodial Glamoxy Snake Serum (foils)- I can feel this tingling when I use it, so I want to think it is working.  It is so hard to judge serums from foils (even though I had two).  I looked up the price and felt the sample was not good enough to justify a purchase.

Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation (foil)- This particular shade was too dark for me, so I was only able to use it once. I did keep it on long enough to tell that it has a decent formula.  I would need to get a sample closer to my color and wear it all day to determine whether or not this product would get moved into loves or not for me.

N.I.P+fab No Needle Fix Serum (foil)- I have to put this here, because once again the sample was too small for me to get a feeling either way.  It is not something I hated, but it did not make me say wow either.  (There are no periods in the first three letters, but the system kept bleeping it).

Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment White (foil)- This was decent even though I prefer the black one.  I did not get the slight burning that comes with the black one, but I also felt my face did not have the same bright effect afterward.  I sent MK89 my deluxe sample of this after not loving the foil.  I hope it works for her.  If another sample came my way, I would give this another try.

Eve Lom Rescue Mask (foil)- It looked and smelled like Noxzema with little beads in it.  While it worked okay, I just could not justify the price for the performance.

Orlane B21 Etrxaordinaire Youth Reset Complex (foil)- I just did not get a feeling bad or good, but I would be open to trying a sample again.

NARS optimal brightening concentrate (foil)- I just did not notice much (bad or good).  The sample was either too small or this product is just not for me.  I would try it again to try to figure it out.

H2o+ Advanced Age Repair Night Cream (foil)- It was all right.  I would use additional samples, but I could not see myself buying this.

Versace Yellow Diamond Perfume (foil)- I am not really into perfumes, so it would have to be amazing for me to purchase it.  That said, the smell was decent.  I would use any future samples that come my way.

Juice Beauty Oil Free Moisturizer (foil)- It does not do enough for the dry parts of my skin.  I like the way it feels when my skin is not overly dry, so I would use additional samples.  

YSL Forever Youth Liberator Serum (foil)- I would try this again in sample form, but I did not see enough results to justify a purchase.

Philosophy Time in a Bottle (foil)- I think I have a deluxe sample of this somewhere, and I am looking forward to getting a better try at this.  While I think it is decent, I cannot tell for sure.  The foil's design is terrible though.  A lot of product got wasted.

Not for me -Would Never Repurchase and will give away future samples received

Fekkai Shea Butter Damage Protecting Hair Mask- This does not evenly distribute.  I find myself using a lot of this to work it through my hair.  My hair is impossibly hard to comb after using this.  Then, my reward is straw like hair.  Honestly, I am surprised I convinced myself to finish it.

Thann Aromatherapy Shampoo- Does nothing for my hair at all.

Thann Aromatherapy Conditioner- Does nothing special for my hair at all.

MUFE Smoky Extravagant Mascara- Spider lashes

Benefit They're Real Mascara- People complain they cannot get this stuff off, but I cannot keep it on.  Within an hour of application, it was on my face every single time.  The formula just does not agree with me.

Elemental Herbology Cell Food Serum (foil)- I tried a foil of this in the past and decided to give it another try.  Now, I am certain it is not for me.  It goes on a little thick, and I do not feel it going into my skin.  The smell is not the best, and I am not certain it is doing anything.  That is probably because it does not penetrate well on me.

I have a bunch of BrightMud samples to try but haven't gotten around to it. After seeing your review, I''ll definitely prioritize them when it comes to sampling my stash 🙂

Definitely try them.  Just read my directions on use to mpolansky on the next page first.  I forgot to add something there, so I am going to amend it now.  If for any reason you do not like them, you can always work them in our trade.  However, I think you will want to hold onto those babies.

Wow, look at all those full sizes! I liked your use of the spoiler for your reviews, I will do that in the future to cut down on the clutter of my posts 🙂

I really love the Lancome Visionnarre Serum too! I tried it this month, and when I finish my serum stash, plan on using the Visionaire and Genefique together 🙂

Regarding your search for inexpensive face wipes- have you tried the Garnier line? I was really pleased with the sensitive wipes (haven't tried the regular yet), and they are paraben free (lots of wipes have parabens unfortunately) as well as dye, fragrance and alcohol free!

I did a mini review for each item, so I thought it could be a little much without the spoiler.  This way, the people who are not interested in my reviews can just keep swimming.

When it comes to lotions and creams, it is easy for me to finish a lot of full size products around the same time.  I use a lot in general, because my skin is so dry. Knowing that I can use up a bottle long before it expires, I have multiple bottles open at the same time.  That allows me to choose the one that best suits how my skin is feeling at the time.  For products I use less frequently, I try to only have one item open at a time.  I rarely have more than one mascara open at the same time for example.

I love Genifique and Visionnaire together.  Genifique is an activating serum, so it works best when paired with another one.  In the morning, I pair it with Dreamtone.  In the evening, I pair it with Visionnaire.  You will love the results you get from both together.  I never suggest more than two serums after one face wash though, so ignore anyone who tells you differently.

I have not tried that wipe yet.  Thanks for the tip.  I stocked up big time, so I am going to try to work my way through them.  When I am done, I will try the Garnier one next.

Thanks for the tips! I haven't tried the Dreamtone Serum yet, but I think I have a sample of it. Lancome has become one of my top favorite brands lately!

I definitely hear you on stocking up on wipes, I'm pretty sure I have enough to last me into 2015 at the moment, since I only use about 1 pack per month!

Lancome is my top brand.  I am glad you're liking it so much.  You're going to love Dreamtone, I bet.

I barely use the wipes, because I barely wear makeup.  I try to wear it 2-3 times a week, but there are weeks where I skip the whole thing.  That said, I still have a huge stockpile of wipes.  It is my quest to find a nice, inexpensive wipe.  Thanks again for your tip on the wipes.

Gotta love making more progress through products 🙂 

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

Loved/Would repurchase:

Benefit High Beam 

Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb

Sally Hansen Diamond Flash Top Coat (already have a new one!! so good)

Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub

Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser

Benefit Porefessional

Macadamia Deep Repair Masque

Liked:

Murad Clearing Solution

Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion

GlamGlow BrightMud Eye Treatment

B&BW Sleep Aromatherapy Lavender Vanilla Body Wash

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo & Conditioner

Surf Foam Wash Shampoo & Creme Rinse Conditioner

Hated:

Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

Nicely done!! I've got a packet of that Macadamia Masque I'm looking forward to using 🙂

Ah I love mine! You'll have to let me know what you think!

Nice job finishing the High Beam.  Those little babies take so long to use I fear it will expire before I finish it.  We are in agreement on The Murad serum.  I love the GlamGlow for eyes though.

Thanks, it took forever to finish!

How long do you leave the GlamGlow eye treatment on? When I leave it on for the recommended time I feel like it doesn't do much for me. I like it, but can't say I love it enough to buy it.

I leave it on just slightly over three minutes.  I read that it hardens if you leave it on too long, making it less effective, because you then have to wash it off (washing away most of the effect).  It usually takes me around five.  I basically put it on after my shower.  Then, I put my body lotion on, which is about a 5 minute process with my foot cream.  I wash my hands.  Then, I remove the GlamGlow with a dry cotton round.  

After I remove it, I am very careful not to get any toner on the portion of my eyes the GlamGlow touched.  The trick is to ensure you do not get the area wet.  On the rare occasions I have accidentally touched the toner under my eyes (which is normal for me on non GlamGow days), my eyes never look as bright.

I also suggest only using one pod (AKA 1/2 of the unit) for both eyes.  There is way too much in a single pod for each eye.  The product lasts twice as long that way but works just as well in my opinion.

my June, 2014 empties will be updating as things are emptied until the month end then will start a new post for next month, repeat so on and so forth.

• Burt's Bee's: facial cleansing towelettes with white tea extract (mini)
  • Burt's Bees Intense hydration cream cleanser with clary sage
  • Dior: Addict Perfume Spray (Sample)
  • Dior: Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet (sample Card) 
  • Elizabeth & James Nirvana White, For Her Perfume Spray (Sample)
  • First Aid Beauty: Skin Rescue Purifying Mask with red clay (sample)
  • Fresh: rose face mask (deluxe Sample)
  • Love and Beauty: green tea Cleansing wipes
  • Not Your Mother's Dry Shampoo (full-size)

May Empties!!

Bath & Body Works Shower Gels in Apple Blossom Citrus, Sea Island Cotton, Be Enchanted

DermOrganics Sample Kit- Shampoo, Intensive Hair Repair Masque and Leave In Treatment Argan Oil- smelled great but didn't do anything special for my hair

Fekkai Glossing Shampoo- love the smell of this and great shampoo

Gilchrist & Soames Body Lotion

Caldrea Body Wash in Coconut Fig Leaf- really like Caldrea's products! They smell fantastic

Bath & Body Works Dark Kiss Body Butter- was surprised how much I loved this body butter- thick texture almost like peanut butter, but goes onto the skin very nicely, no greasy residue.

Yankee Candle Wisteria Tart Melt

The Body Shop Grapefruit Body Scrub- very nice, had just enough grit to it, smells fantastic

Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Acne Treatment Cleanser- Incredibly drying, got 2/3 of the way through and it was destroying my skin so much that I finished using it as a body wash.

PRT Rose Stem Cell Mask- smelled great, didn't notice any change in my skin

Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Mascara- loved, huge fan of LM Mascara, makes your lashes look incredible and still natural

Lancome Definicils Mascara- also loved, must try in waterproof

Tarte Amazonian Clay Mascara- too dried out to form an opinion

Bare Minerals Lash Domination- HATED this brush, only used a few times before giving up

Tarte Maracuja C-brighter Eye Treatment- finally used up this full size eye cream, won't repurchase but it was ok

REN Micro Polish Cleanser

Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Oil Free Acne Treatment & Moisturizer- loved, will most likely repurchase

Craptons of perfume cards from Sephora

NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base- really liked!

Hourglass Immaculate

Lancome Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate- oh em gee fell in love with this stuff. It's expensive but super easy to get in GWPs. Will eventually repurchase a full size if I run out of the deluxe GWP samples.

MUFE HD Pressed Powder- loved, kept some extra cards for traveling

Shiseido Cotton- I know this a loved favorite, but I won't be repurchasing. Prefer my cotton circles

Garnier Sensitive Skin Face Wipes- really liked! Paraben free too, which makes me a happy camper.
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB

UD E/S Primer Potion

PTR Oil-less Oil- this sat on top of my skin and refused to absorb

Mario Badescu Aloe Moisturizer- made face super shiny, looked terrible under foundation, didn't finish.

Mario Badescu Ceramide Eye Gel- sat on top of skin and refused to absorb. Bleh. Didn't finish.

The Balm Stainiac in Beauty Queen

You know I agree with you on the Definicils and Genefique.  NARS eyeshadow primer is the best.  Glad you liked it.

My March & April empties!

A.jpg

Loved, would repurchase or already have:

Dr Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid + Retinol Brightening Solution: Really liked this. I want to try the Skinceuticals version next and see how they compare.

MD Formulations Moisture Defense Antioxidant Spray: Nice hydrating toner. Didn’t clog my pores.

Leaders Insolution Sheet Mask in Aloe Soothing: Loooove this. Especially after a long flight.

Leaders Insolution Sheet Mask in Leaders AC-Dressing: Calms redness a bit.

Leaders Insolution Sheet Mask in Mela-Tox: Nice purifying mask.

Prescription Post Laser/Electrolysis Cream: Have a pack up sample from the dermatologist. Use this after electrolysis to help with the redness & healing.

Prescription Retinoid: Already on my next tube. HG for me.

Meehh, a maybe repurchase:

First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser: Average cleanser. Nothing mind blowing.

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask: Nothing remarkable. I want to get another sample of it, maybe I didn’t give it a fair try.

Not for me, wouldn’t repurchase:

NUDE Skincare Perfect Cleansing Oil Face & Eyes: Used on body. Has some oils in it that I know will break me out. Smelled odd, kind of like black pepper.

Amore Pacific Enzyme Peel: Too gentle for me. I’ve been using chemical exfoliants for a while now. If you’re new to exfoliating I would give this a try.

Ole Henrinsken Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil: Used a couple of times, broke me out. Ended up using on the body.

Algenist Advanced Anti-Aging Repairing Oil: Nice oil. Not too thick, didn’t break me out. I just didn’t see much difference in my skin.

Neocutis LUMIÈRE Bio-restorative Eye Cream: Good eye cream. Didn’t cause milia but I just don’t think the price is worth it.

Origins Plantscription SPF 25: Super greasy. Not for me.

Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Corrector: Alright dark spot lightener. Maybe if I had a full bottle I might see some improvement. I just don’t have many dark spots to justify buying it.

Caudalie Premier Cru the Eye Cream: Nice eye cream. Maybe when I’m a bit more mature… don’t really need that much hydration at this point.

Leaders Insolution Sheet Mask in Collagen Lifting: Didn’t see much difference.

Leaders Insolution Sheet Mask in Wrinkle Filler: Didn’t see much difference.

My Beauty Diary Hyalurunic Acid Moisturizing Mask: I’ve got a box of these left and will use them up but after trying the Leaders Insolution Masks I wouldn’t purchase these again.

B.jpg

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Caramel: Always a repurchase. HG brow pencil.

Bare Minerals brushes: Had these for 2 years. Super scratchy now, just tossing them out.

La Roche Posay Ceralip Lip Cream: Beeswax based lip products dry my lips out. This one was no exception. For the price, such a disappointment.

Bare Minerals Foundation Matte: Don’t get the hype. I’ve got a same size of the regular version, maybe I’ll have better luck with it.

Bare Minerals Ready Touch Up Veil : Didn’t use up. Just tossing it out. Have other setting powders I prefer over this one.

Buxom Mascara: Average mascara, the applicator is so large! I always got a bit on my lid. I think I’ve got another sample of this somewhere. I doubt I would ever purchase.

C.jpg

Giovanni Hot Chocolate Body Scrub: Smells like brownie batter. Average body scrub, I would just repurchase it for the amazing scent.

Giovannie 3 in 1 Body Wash Orange Creamsicle: Great hydrating body wash. Smells exactly like a creamsicle!

Avalon Organics CoQ10 Repair Ultimate Firming Body Lotion: Love the scent. Great natural lotion. I didn’t see much firming but I’m still young and that’s not yet an issue. I’ve already got a new one.

Lush Bath Products (Enchanter Bomb, Sex Bomb, Floating Island Melt & MA Bubble Bar): First lush products and I really liked them! Want to try a lot more. Loved Sex Bomb & Floating Island. I think the others are discontinued.

Meehh, a maybe repurchase:

Frederic Fekkai Color Technician Shampoo & Conditioner: I’ve gone through a couple of these. Would repurchase if I colored my hair again but I’m going lighter/bleaching and need something more hydrating.

Tree Hut Shea Body Butter Amazon Pequi: Decent scrub. Nice smell.

Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion 10% Glycolic Acid: Favorite body lotion with AHA got discontinued. Trying this as a replacement. I’ve got a backup of it. I think I need a higher percentage of AHA for my body.

Josie Maran Argan Oil: Only used in my hair. Nice argan oil but there are other more affordable brands of hair oil that do practically the same thing.

Sample (Boucheron Place Vendom, Nest Midnight Fleur, & Jo Malone Peony & Blush): Liked the fragrances but I’m not running out to buy them… The Jo Malone was lovely, I just splurged on some fragrances but I might consider this one in the future.

Frederic Fekkai Color Technician Protecting Glaze: Weighed down my hair. Not too impressed.

Dove Volume Dry Shampoo: Gave me horrible headaches. Made my hair crunchy. I’m amazed that I actually used this up!

Now Foods Cocoa Butter Jojoba Oil: I prefer shea butter over cocoa butter.

Samples: Marchesa Perfume, Versace Ero, Kenzo Flower, Especially Escada, & Tom Ford Sahara Noir.

Nice.  How do you cut the tops to get all of the product (great idea by the way)?  Are you using scissors, a knife or something else?  Also, do you wait until nothing else squeezes out before cutting?  Do you transfer the leftover contents to another container?

Sorry I just saw this post! I just use scissors. I usually wait until the tube feels really light or sometimes if the tube is made from a lighter type of plastic I place it in front of a light and I can usually see how much product is left. I don't transfer the product actually, I use a couple of those paper clip things (pic below, don't know what they are called LOL) to keep the product closed. It's not air tight, but I usually only have 3-4 uses lefts of the product so I'm not too concerned with contamination. I need to get one of those makeup spatulas or whatever they are called because if the tube is super long it's a pain to try to scoop the product out!

Fastener1.jpg

testing