Plantgarden

Does anyone have this they can swatch for me? And where is BeautyTester to talk me from the edge?

TARTE
Aqualillies For Tarte Glamazon™ Pure Performance 12-Hour Lipstick
ITEM # 1515154 SIZE 0.13 oz
COLOR Timeless - bright coral

Note: Bright Coral.  

Maybe a light swipe and a full coverage swipe, please.  <3

image.jpg

katief241981

Re: Does anyone have this they can swatch for me? And where is BeautyTester to talk me from the edge

oh beautytester you are so good at disabling.   hahaha.  I looked at this color as well.  Beautiful, but probably pretty hard to pull off.  

rikkie

Re: Does anyone have this they can swatch for me? And where is BeautyTester to talk me from the edge

timeless.png

It's very pigmented, so it's hard to get anything besides full coverage! The top swatch is over a layer of lip balm, which helps the fact that it's not at all a moisturizing lipstick and makes it a little less bold, so I usually wear it that way. The second swatch is an attempt at a light swatch, and then the bottom one is one good swipe. It's quite a bright color, so if you're not a bold lipstick person it will probably gather dust. 

beautytester

I have something to say about this, but I'm trying so hard to wait until the new year since it might be considered enabling.....>.<.......X.X.........O.O..........*goes to fiddle with my new blog*........ok, don't read the spoiler until the new year, lol.

Spoiler
For bold lipstick, you can apply a sheer layer by swiping it on the back of your hand, then blot it on your lips with your finger. You might want to do a thin layer/light swipe of lip balm underneath to help it blend better. Kind of like what I did with Hourglass Iconic here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/VIB/Active-Promo-Codes-5/m-p/689779#M14034

rikkie

Yes, very true! You can apply it more lightly for sure, or perhaps do your recommended technique over a layer of Kat von D's Celebutard if one has a mini of it lying around like many of us do. :smileyhappy: 

PS New blog?! Ooooh, send me a link? I'd love to see what you've got to say!

beautytester

*ssssshhhh*! You are not suppose to read the spoiler until the new year! bad rikkie! =P

Haha, I just started as a way for me to keep track of my skincare and shop my stash (as well as writing proper posts about tips/useful info that really should have citations). BeautyTalk caps the post at 100 pages and there's no good way to organize everything, so I'm at the point where I think that anything detailed I have to say is more suited to a blog. It's ChicDabbling on the free/.com version of wordpress. My one worry is that I'll flood it with posts the first month then gets burned out after that. With that said, it's so new it doesn't show up on search yet, I'd love some company, lol. =)

veronika23

Cool!  Now I can read both your blogs :smileywink:

Plantgarden

Thank you!!   I love the color,... But I don't think I could pull off that color.   I would like to get out of the "nude" box,... But with my fair skin,.. most bright colors look too harsh.   I can't even find a nice classic nude-pink. :smileysad:

rikkie

My skin is pretty fair, but I like to push it with lip colors anyway, haha. Two nude-pink lipsticks I'm liking are Givenchy Le Rouge Sensuously Matte in Rose D'Exception (the picture previews are not the shades I am talking about, obviously!) Not to enable or anything... :smileytongue:

http://www.sephora.com/le-rouge-intense-color-sensuously-mat-lipstick-P380843

and YSL Rouge Pur Couture Satiny Radiance in 11 Rose Carnation

http://www.sephora.com/rouge-pur-couture-spf15-pure-colour-satiny-radiance-P272319?skuId=1293463

Plantgarden

Thank you! I'll check them out,..... And it's almost midnight!!!

wahooooooo,.. Time to fill my basket!!

kssweetheart

I've been eyeballing this too, afraid it was going to be a bit too bold for me, super light skin. I also was concerned that it might be too much of a matte-cream. I'm a red-head and finding colors in this family that are actually flattering is quite a challenge. Hope we get swatches too. Thanks for reading my mind and posting this. :smileyhappy:

taylorkiryluik

I have this and can swatch it for you, but it won't be until Saturday o Sunday, as it is back in Canada waiting for me in the cold weather. It is quite bright!

beautytester

You mischievous you. I was just gonna spare a quick glance at BT before I go to bed and here you are, calling me out. =P

Challenge accepted, altho you should post in the disabler thread if you want to make sure I catch it. Anyways........

.....do you wear bold lipsticks? do you have any bold lipsticks? have you ever wore orange. They say blue based colors make teeth look white, coral is warm/yellow based. Not everyone can pull off coral and if you absolutely love coral and wear it all the time then sure it's $8 saved, but if you are not sure then it's $18 wasted when you could've put that money toward something you know you will love. One thing for sure is that it's very bright and can be drying despite the moisturizing claim. I love tarte lipsurgence but it certainly did not provide my lips with the 200x times hydration as it claims.

Lastly, tarte always have great LEs. If you are not SUPER hung up on a very bright orange shade that might be drying, then I'm sure there will be something else that catches your eyes nxt yr. And really, nxt yr is only one day away, so if you really want it, at least wait until nxt yr so it's $18 toward your vib status?

And for now, get off Beautytalk and go to bed. Good night, me is off to bed. =)

kssweetheart

Thanks from me too **beautytester** I think you saved me from having another item that needs to be returned but usually isn't. You might have also saved my life, 5 packages today......I thought for sure I was dead meat!! It was a bit dicey there for a while....

Thinking of the Elton John song...

"Someone saved my life tonight......" 

thx :smileyhappy:

Plantgarden

No bold.

good point.

saved!

To bed it is,....<3

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 39 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • beautytester
    • kssweetheart