Does anyone else think this 1,000 point "reward" is a joke?

After waiting for ages for them to come out with a 1,000 point reward, the best they could come up with is a one-time 20% discount card???

Wow.

goldlion

Re: Does anyone else think this 1,000 point "reward" is a joke?

(0) Hearts

This isn't even everywhere.  It's only in stores in Texas and California.  It's ridiculous.  I definitely save alot more money at Ulta than I do at Sephora which is really sad since they go out of their way to tell us that VIB is such an important status. 

StraightRhodes

I'll be honest, Sephora's reward program has nothing to do with my shopping here. I participate because I like having all my past purchases listed. Sephora is really the only place I can go to buy the brands I like without a high pressure enviroment (department stores). 

I think since Sephora has such a corner on the market they don't feel they need to be any more competitive with their rewards program. Stores like Ulta don't truly compare to Sephora in terms of brands :/

H216

(0) Hearts

I love rewards and now since so many places offer them, I'd rather reap an additional benefit for my purchase! :smileyhappy: 

lol I even get rewards at Starbucks with my gold card! 

ickdragon

This isn't so much a reward as it is insulting. I have been a loyal Beauty Insider for years and a VIB since the beginning of the program. When my VIB status renewed last month, they gave me a 10% coupon. Now, for the 1,000 point reward, they're "giving" me 20% in exchange for 1,000 of my hard earned points. $1000 for 20%????

I would be a fool for thinking that's worth it.

I sound angry (gah, must not make wrinkles!) because I am. I've been a loyal Sephora customer for years and it's becoming rather thankless. Ulta, on the other hand, seems to be in the business to keep my business. Last year, I reached the top point level and in return, I received $125 off a purchase. No point deduction required. For my platinum status, I have the opportunity to earn 2x or 3x the regular value of points throughout the year AND they periodically (I believe once per quarter) send me a 20% coupon with no exclusions. And again, no deduction of my points. It's true that Ulta doesn't have quite the same brand variety as Sephora, but they're getting better. (Lancome is now available at certain location!)

I really hope Sephora corporate is reading these forums and listening to their VIB's! Considering how much revenue they must bring in from our purchase power, we deserve better than what we're getting! 

kenny

(0) Hearts

I agree, Sephora's points program is definitely one of my least favorites, what keeps me here is brands I can't get elsewhere (which is less common for me now), and the simple convenience of having all the brands together as a one-stop shop.

Personally I find in Canada, that our shoppers drug mart rewards program is the best, you get actual free products (you can redeem for certain amounts of money), plus with bonus points  and bonus redemption events, I've gotten $100 worth of products several times... Even purchasing products from department store counters when they have their bonuses, is better, you get several deluxe samples and a makeup bag.

With these types of bonuses, I really feel the Sephora program is kind of a joke, except for some of the VIB bonuses, where you got a free full-sized product (BE foiled eye kit!), but I haven't gotten anything like that in a while.

bananachoox3

I have enough points for this "reward" but I haven't got a thing that mentioned this. Not an email or anything. I feel though lately the rewards arent as exciting. As VIBS, we're still waiting for something special to happen.

AznAngelLiz

The reward is only available in California and Texas stores, maybe they are just testing it for now before rolling it out nationwide. 

H216

(0) Hearts

Hmmm.. I'm in TX and have over 1000 pts but never heard of this :smileysad:

charlielovefool

(0) Hearts

Makes sense. I haven't seen it locally.

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

if that is the case then they shouldn't go through cause it sucks!

They need to come up with another idea!

Fabz

I'm a little disappointed too. I finally got accrued enough for  the VIB program and it doesn't seem like any big deal. It makes me regret purchasing enough to qualify actually.

sincerelyjennie

It's obvious that Sephora is getting stingy with their reward benefits. As a VIB for the first time this year, I'm really disappointed in the perks so far. Nothing has caught my eye or seems worth it.

I mean, spend a $1,000 and get 20% off? I really am considering taking my business elsewhere where the customers are offered much better rewards..

lovenhate

[ Edited ]

I like how beauty dot com gives you credits to spend like cash osit heir site. but I do agree with a lot of you ladies, for some of us that literally spends thousands of dollars a year, we should get more than a 20% discount coupon. 

lovenhate

(0) Hearts

On their**

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

Sephora could actually learn alot from Ulta, beauty dotcom  they put out more samples than just perfume or cologne and beauty.com actually has delux size samples that you can pick.Got to say the promos sephora run just isn't that exciting.

QueenOfTarts

(0) Hearts

I agree 100%. I recently started spending my beauty $$ at Ulta instead of Sephora because of their rewards program.

cherrybombtastic

Instead of the 1000 point perk, it would be great if they bring back the "Skincare Challenge" they had a few years back, like if you spent money on 3 products, you would get a full size item free. I remember this promotion clearly because that's how I got my Clinique 7 Day Scrub. Another idea is if you purchase the same product over and over again, Sephora sends you the 10th one free like what they have with restaurants. Of course, this would be for VIBs only. Just my two cents!

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

You should definitely let one of the admin people know about your idea so they can pass it on, and who knows, they may just do it!

Atleast, i hope so!

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Agreed! Last year they had a summer event where you trae in 100pts for a...either half size or full size moisturizer. Eitherway, it was worth it.

prettyinpa

(0) Hearts

Yay, Cherrybombtastic, that's a great idea! Punch cards for beauty purchases!  It would take me years to accumulate 10 of some things, though, unless it was shampoo or eye cream.

ivowren

(0) Hearts

I LOVED it when they did that. It was so nice. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 49 replies
  • 87 hearts
  • 42 in conversation
    • AmyC
    • charlielovefool
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • cherrybombtastic