Does anyone else think this 1,000 point "reward" is a joke?

After waiting for ages for them to come out with a 1,000 point reward, the best they could come up with is a one-time 20% discount card???

Wow.

gogreyhound

Re: Does anyone else think this 1,000 point "reward" is a joke?

I guess the onlly thing I think of is the fact that 1000 points generally represents a thousand dollars spent there, at that one store. Customer loyalty, big profits for the company...Anything is nice, but something more than a one-time use 20% discount would be nicer. There are a lot of companies that give shopping passes, dollars-off of purchases, BOGO, etc.  as rewards for spending one's hard-earned money at their establishment.  These days, companies should be grateful that there are so many people still shelling out money for high-end cosmetics and skin-care. Enablers, unite!!  :smileyhappy:

jojobe

Sephora itself is becoming a joke. I am not buying much of anything here anymore and the rewards compared to other companies now is lacking. Sephora used to be a great value and experience for me. Now the satisfaction since Rouge launch has left me bitter. 

dollface131313

i have a question i keep hearing a lot of ulta giving out better deals , but ulta is very limited with the brands that they carry as opposed to sephora . so would you rather go to ulta and switch to other brands? ps this not suppose to sound snippy at all im just curious lol 

redwagon44

For me, it doesn't really change what I buy. My first stop is ulta, if they don't carry it, then I go to Nordstroms, and if they don't carry it, I go to Sephora. If sephora doesnt carry it, I get sad and drink wine. 

Jenji

It's not the best option but it's not the worst. It looks like they're trying to make an effort but from what I hear about Ulta (i'm Canadian) they may have to check out the competition a little better and listen to the people a little more. Also I can't find this reward so is it just for US or does Canada have this as well?

marieno

(0) Hearts

I'm canadian as well and shop at Ulta every now and then, I'm register for the reward program there but I think you have to be in the US to profite of that because they send the promo by mail but just to american. I never got anything from that reward program

enableme

(0) Hearts

What?! I was hoarding my points and JUST used them last week! Double u, tee, eff. GRR.

bratknits

Errrr .. Ulta gives those out for free a few times a year and for 1,000 points there you get $50 off a purchase to use with it if you want.  Do they even monitor the competition?

DitzCore

Unpopular opinion here, but yay! I'd rather have 20% off then a bunch of crappy deluxe samples.

I think they should make it 500 points instead, but hey, as said, better then the deluxe samples!

cp2129

I agree. The point amount is off, but they actually listened. A lot of people did ask for this.

kbmatthews

You know, I actually agree. I wouldn't mind an option to cash in 1000 points for, say, a 25% off coupon. I mean, I could easily save $200 in one purchase if I bought all my skin care items at once!

sp2001

(0) Hearts

50% OFF?! There's no way they would (or should) bring that back, people would abuse the crap out of that. I know I would :smileytongue:

CuriousCannibal

I'm in Texas and I've never heard anything about the 50% off...when was that available? 

leilaloo

For a while they had the 50% off of your purchase for using 1000 points and that was such an incentive to me.  I bought literally everything from Sephora because when I needed to make a big purchase of skin care creams, saving a few hundreds dollars was totally worth it.  Now?  I have all these points and I won't use them for a measly 20% off.  And I won't shop at Sephora now except for a very few items.  I've totally lose my incentive for shopping there.  I'm back at Ross picking up whatever I can find on clearance.  Boooo hiss Sephora!  Bring back the 50% discount and keep it!

tomato3330333

(0) Hearts

I am such disappointed this reward. I though that was the same as a 20% discount coupon until I found out that 1000 points were deducted  

onomotopoeia9

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

That is so not worth it. For a 250/500 pointer MAYBE I would consider it, but for 1000, its a joke. And its a pity for sephora, because if it were for less, i bet many of us would get it and spend $ at sephora for things we x really need

danielle0527

I can't believe the 1000 pts isn't offered in where I live! Such a SHAME Sephora! I am a LOYAL VIB since 2009.  I cannot believe my state is so limited to what Sephora has to offer me.  Yes, 1000 for 20% isn't worth it!  I really think that Sephora needs to do better with their Rewards Program besides exchanging points for perks.  We should be able to exchange points for products as well if we have over 1000 points in stock!

DiorandHeels

(0) Hearts

I to am quite disapointed, I guess it doesn't matter since I'm a Canuck and they're only doing this in certain state. I've been a BI since 2011 (when I was 15 and first getting into makeup) I finally became a VIB in January and recieved the 10%, not that it made much difference because where I live tax is 13%. Idk if anyone else has realized but really they're just giving you another 10% off for spending another $500 since you get 10% off for hitting VIB status so it equals 10% off for every $500 you spend. It's a shame b/c they have phenonimal customer service, employes, and overall stores compared to Ulta (which has cool stuff to but the ones I've been to are always terribly stocked).

AmyC

I do love this store but I do wish some things were different as many other posters illistrated here. The thing is for Ulta does not carry many of the brands I love and enjoy like KVD, Nars, Fresh etc. And on the brands I DO enjoy that are there, UD, Philosphy etc when I try to use a coupon for them they are not valid! I do wish that Sephora used coupons like Ulta and the punch card idea sounds LOVELY. One positive thing I'd like to note is the size of some of the 100 pts perks have greatly improved. Also, the size of the 100 pts perk used to be beside the perk which was really nice but is no longer there. I miss that! I think VIBS and BIs should get better rewards in general as we say at work at Best Buy, customers could go ANYWHERE but they choose to shop with us. Treat us better Sephora!

broadwaybarbie

I love how you said "Customers could go anywhere, but they choose to shop with us". I simply love that! And I completely agree! I thoroughly love shopping at Sephora over Ulta. The staff is friendlier, more professional, wiser, and all around more helpful everytime I go in. The products Sephora offers is nicer and the stores are SO much more high end, which to me makes a difference in the shopping experience. I definitely wish that Sephora, even just like twice a year, would offer some great discount codes and even a punch card type bit. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 49 replies
  • 87 hearts
  • 42 in conversation
    • AmyC
    • charlielovefool
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • cherrybombtastic