vanityprincess
Accepted Solution

Does anyone else think there should be more than 2 levels

More than 100 and 500 How about 100,350,500, and 1000. And each goes up in size, quality and price. I just think we should be rewarded a little bit more, considering Sephora's average annual revenue must be off the charts!:smileywink:

vanityprincess

Re: Does anyone else think there should be more than 2 levels

[ Edited ]

I like smashbox but does anyone think that the current perk is worth a full 500 points?

mermadelove

I'm still waiting for a perk from Tarte-- or Korres-- or UD-- Or Bare Minerals. I'm not feeling the Smashbox perk, either...... :smileysad:

pinkyy13

I just saw this thread but I really do love the idea of having more level in the Beauty Inside program. Plus, it would be nice if every catagory had more options. I have been wanting to use my 500 points for a while but I havent seen anything I've wanted for the last two or three months and there is always only one item.

Great suggestion!

vanityprincess

(0) Hearts

I agree a lot with you guys! LOL I spend so much money hear. Atleast 6 or 7 hundread a year. Which is way more than a 16 year old should but I love clothes, accessories hair, makeup and skin care! LOL I would definitely spend more hear if there were better perks for us.

ginamc

I definitely agree with your idea! I would probably spend a lot more money than I already do at Sephora, but I wouldn't mind (my husband might, though!)! :smileyvery-happy:

mermadelove

I totally agree. There was a rumor floating about that said Sephora was going to start giving 1000 point perks, but I haven't seen it yet! I think multiple levels are a great idea! I also think the 100 point perks should be better than the deluxe samples you can get free with any order with a code. I feel like the 100 point perks haven't been better that the special code offers and anybody can get those as long as they  spend $25. Why would I spend my 100 points on them if I can get something of comparable value without spending my points!

islandqt

I agree! and also, I would really like it if the gifts were a bit more...personalized. Not to make this a race thing but sometimes the samples/ gift perks just do not suit my skin tone and it would really be nice if I had some sort of choice. For example, the 350 point perk could be a Make Up Forever HD foundation, concealer and eyeliner combo or something like that and I could get color matched right there and leave happy!!

*sigh* wishful thinking...

hmw888

I was just saying this last week. I feel the beauty perks should be more special not just left overs. Products that would engage us to buy new stock rather than dump old stock. Beauty insiders spend a lot of money in Sephora. We know all the lines. We spend time there. find a way to engage us more to keep our loyalty >
mjts

I agree with you all.  I spend about $700 to $800 dollars on beauty products alone a year.  Most of it at sephora.  A lot of the time I can't use the perks or the samples.  With all of the money Sephora makes it would not hurt them financially to throw us a bone every now and then!

tenngal

I love prettyinpa's idea when she said:  

A really great perk system would be a choice of a bunch of items, kinda like Ulta's reward program where if you spend $50, $100, etc., you get to choose from 10 or 12 different perk items at that level. The $50 level items would be cheaper things like house brand nail polish or shower gel, but as you climb through the levels the items get more valuable.  At $350 level, last time they had some pretty nice hair tools!  And the items in each level are of different purposes, they have beauty, skincare, tools, nail items, hair accessories so if a person isn't into makeup (hmm, do such people exist)????? they can get a shampoo or skincare item.  ~ Great idea, prettyinpa!!! :smileyhappy:

Anyway, I always have items in my cart, but unless I'm out of something and in desperate need, I try to save them in my cart until a good perk comes along.  If Sephora would offer some kind of perk system like prettyinpa suggested, then I'd order all the time.  I'd be completely broke, but my skin would look nice (lol)!  I hope Sephora reps are reading this thread and considering this. :smileyhappy:

productaholic

(0) Hearts

mermadelove

I'm with you on that one! And I don't think it's a race thing at all! I mean, if Bare Minerals has something like 25 shades of makeup to choose from, how can having only one shade as an option make sense for a 500 point perk? That means MOST people wouldn't be able to use it! It's not like a lip stick or eye shadow which might work for alot of skin tones.

tenngal

I completely agree that there should be more perks.  I keep accumulating my points because there isn't enough to choose from and I haven't been interested in any of the 100 or 500 point products lately.  If there were more rewards, I'd spend even more money at Sephora than I already do.  I get so excited when I get something good with my points for free.

@islandqt:  I totally agree with you that there should be more options to choose from when it comes to color choices.  Some other companies (I think Ulta does it) will offer two or three of the same gift, but you can choose light, medium or dark and there will be colors of eyeshadow, etc., to suit each skin tone.  I've had to turn down several 500-point perks because the colors were all wrong for me.  You made a great point! :smileyhappy:

tinyjenny

I totally agree with you all....def should be more levels....would definitely spend more online and in the store itself !!!  Hope your listening Sephora....Hint Hint:smileyhappy:

katie1724

[ Edited ]

Sephora in France kind of has this type of system -- there's the White card level to start -- then after your fourth purchase, you're promoted to Black, at which point you earn points per euro (1 = 1 point, like the BI program). The Black level involves the birthday gift and access to 20% off sales, also like the BI program. The Gold level is the highest, at which point you're allowed private in-store consultations, access to private, Gold-level only sales, free standard shipping on sephora.fr, a special Gold-level free gift, a choice of samples with purchases, the Gold-level exclusive phone line (similar to VIB, I suppose), etc. It sounds similar to VIB, but I guess it's slightly more tiered than the BI / VIB system...and that free shipping must be nice (though I assume most of us probably spend $50 at a time on sephora.com). I also think there's a 10% off coupon per 4 visits / 150 points, but I'm not sure if that's still in place.

Something tells me most of us would be proud Gold card holders... :smileywink: There really should be about five levels...white, black, gold, platinum and diamond -- or something to that effect!

prettyinpa

@katie-  I think some of us would have the diamond level in a couple of weeks if Sephora started this! 

mermadelove

That would be so awesome......! It's funny, I went to the Holyoke, MA Sephora and I forgot to give them my BI card when I got to the register and the girl asked me if I had one. When Igave it to her she said "I figured you had one since you have our phone cover." When she told me I had over a thousand points she was all excited for me. I turned down the 500 point perk because it was the Boscia skin care kit that had been online forever. If we had the teird levels kaite is talking about I could have walked away with some great stuff!

lashreece

[ Edited ]

@ islandqt - Not a race thing at all!  I have very fair skin and most of the foundations etc. they have as samples and perks are way too dark for me.  I think it's more about that "normal" is actually pretty abnormal.   So to truely cater to their clientele, Sephora and their vendors should give you a selection of shades for the samples.  

prettyinpa

A really great perk system would be a choice of a bunch of items, kinda like Ulta's reward program where it you spend $50, $100, etc you get to choose from 10 or 12 different perk items at that level. The $50 level items are cheap things like house brand nail polish or shower gel, but as you climb through the levels the items get more valuable. At $350 level, last time they had some pretty nice hair tools!  And the items in each level are of different purposes, they have beauty, skincare, tools, nail items, hair accessories so if a person isn't into makeup (hmm, do such people exist)????? they can get a shampoo or skincare item.

This would cut back on the problem of the perk not matching our skintone (I have had trouble finding ones that match my pale skin too) because we could always just choose something else! I am ALWAYS ready to place an order if a really good perk is offered!:smileyhappy:

officegal

This is a great suggestion!!  I'd be sooooooo excited if this happened!

@katie - I had no idea that was the case!  I always tend to assume everything works the same because it's the same store/chain but that really isn't the case at all!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 47 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • oliviabt
    • tenngal
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • ginamc
    • officegal