Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
Anonymous Insider

Do you get three free items if you buy stuff in store?

Do you get free samples if you buy stuff in store?

Re: Do you get three free items if you buy stuff in store?

@Anonymous, as the other commenters have posted it is rare to receive the "three free samples" at checkout in store as you would online. However, I've heard that you can ask for up to 9 free samples in store, as long as they span the different departments (3 from makeup, 3 from skincare, 3 from haircare/fragrance). I haven't actually ever tested the 9 sample theory myself, and I'll be honest I've had very different reactions from SA when asking for samples. Some cast members are happy to help and understand that testing a product really helps promote sales, especially for customers who are avid beauty consumers and want to have an extended experience with the product instead of just trying the color on your hand. Other times.... you run into the RUDE monster cast members who act like you're an obnoxious freeloader because you ask them to take a break from conversation with their fellow coworker and sample you some foundation. Best bet- look for a Sephora employee who's actually wearing a smile and not in conversation with another inactive staff member, they'll usually take the time to sample the product for you and answer any questions! 🙂

@Anonymous - @myumew is correct.  When you go to the store (regular or SiJCP) you can ask for up to three samples of anything in the store.  In addition they will sometimes throw prepackaged samples (like the ones you pick on-line) into your bag when you checkout (these are random selections, you don't get a choice).

If I haven't asked for any samples, at the register, I'll ask if the cashier has any samples she can give to me.  Usually I'll get one or two, but you don't get a choice, she just throws something in.  I've not asked for anything specific, though.

@Anonymous Please correct me if I am wrong! I don't think they have the samples from the online checkout (I usually never ask; I've received one packaged sample (they just threw it in) after a $100+ purchase once) BUT you're free to ask for samples of almost anything in-store! 

They'll package samples of creams, foundations, loose powders, liquids etc. in a tiny plastic container:

IMG_9792.PNG

(not my photo)

I've never asked for lipstick or blush/highlighter/bronzer samples so I don't know how they would go about doing that.. 😞

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_9792.PNG
testing