kimmi1115

Dior 500 Point Perk

So, what do you think of this perk from yesterday's email?  It's a Dior inspired charm bracelet and a mini Addict to Life perfume.  When I saw the subject line on the email, I got excited and was hoping it would deal with their eyeshadow or lipstick.  Since my nearby JCP Sephora doesn't carry their makeup, I figured this would be a good way to try it.  But, the email didn't make my dreams come true lol.  Besides, most clasp bracelets are too big on my wrists.  I'll keep my eye out for another 500 point perk.

missjngo

Re: Dior 500 Point Perk

(0) Hearts

I'm still deciding if I want this bracelet...since I was disappointed that I missed out on the YSL bracelet. Hopefully Sephora has more beauty perks with these designer jewelries! 

divaextra

1300 points and still saving after months and months of waiting for something good! They claim the perks are great around the holidays. If this Dior one is the first "great" one, I am not looking forward to the others.

misskathryn

does anyone know how big it is? I have fat wrists lol

tiffanybt

(0) Hearts

Hi misskathryn. The Dior bracelet is approximately 7 1/2". I hope that helps! :smileywink:

sdavis23

I have pretty tiny writsts and it fit on me a tad big. It didn't fall off my hand though. Hope this helps a little. 

If you can, you could go to your Sephora and ask them to try it on. That's what the guy let me do. 

compsr

Actually, I just received the Dior bracelet and for the life of me, I somehow thought that it would include a lip gloss  charm (guess I confused Addict with the gloss not parfum). Anyway, actually the bracelet is fairly nice -- heavy enough and resembles Sterling -- we'll see if it turns on me. But it IS cute and much better than Sephroa's recent 500-pt perks. And it doesn't look cheesy, as some have intimated. I could wear it with my Tiffany bracelets and have no problem. 

khoga

(0) Hearts

I have to agree with those who say the Dior bracelet is really nice. (It doesn't seem like there's anyone in this thread so far who's actually seen it in person and doesn't like it...) It's not cheap-looking or cheap-feeling and I have worn it a couple of times now and it doesn't turn my wrist green. I think the perfume sample could be a tad bigger and wish it had a spray nozzle, instead of just that little cap you have to pry off, but overall I'm pleased with this perk. I think something like a nice bracelet that I can keep and wear for a long time, instead of just a lip gloss or whatever that I will use up and throw out, is worth 500 points.

missdiorcherie

I also have to agree with everyone who says this is a nice bracelet because it really is. When I saw the email, I had to get it! I love Dior! This bracelet got sold out within an hour at the Sephora near me, so I immediately ordered it online. Dior is a high class brand. I have quite a bit of Dior things and not just the makeup, and they're definitely not made with cheap material. I actually have a few of their limited edition makeup jewelry that has a lip gloss etc. in them and I've had these for a few years now and the metal hasn't faded or anything. The charm bracelet looks way better than what it looked in the email and it's got a decent weight to it. I didn't care too much for the perfume, but it smells lovely. I might actually get a full size of it. It's nice to have something different for a change other than getting makeup because I buy a lot of it already. I know a lot of people are saving their points and what not, which is understandable, but I'm actually content with anything that I get from a store. Whether it's redeeming points for things or freebies because a lot of places actually don't give you anything for what you spend. This is my 3rd 500 point perk. I've gotten the Benefit one with the Coralista and the Too Faced palette, and I love them. I get 100 point perks if I see something they have that I wanna try out, but not all the time. Overall, I love this bracelet and I think it was well worth my 500 points!

geminibreeze

I am very disappointed. I would never wear a bracelet like that. I am very finicky with my jewelery. I wish they would make what they made a while ago, it had like two eye shadows from all the sets from TooFaced? Two from Neutral Eye, Two from the others. That is a pretty cool perk. I would have loved that! The last perk I really enjoyed was the Benefit one with the Dandelion podwer and stuff. I think they should always offer a makeup 500 point perk and something else. This way the makeup junkies are happy (like me) and the skincare junkies are happy (me sometimes LOL). For 500$ we do deserve a choice. I don't like Ulta much, I only go in there for a few staples Sephora doesn't have, but their reward system is WAAAY superior. And that's a shame.

ran8

I saw it and thought it would be nice for someone else.  Myself, I am indifferent.  It is better than some of the other recent 500 point ones but nothing that says I must have or ooh that looks interesting to try. 

meeshelle

[ Edited ]

Yeah, i'm definitely not too impressed with this perk. I will keep saving. Not worth it to me.

sdavis23

I didn't know if I would get this or not.

Dior IS a reliable brand, but I'm not sure how good this would be. 

prettyinpa

I also was disappointed! I never wear those giveaway jewelry things, and a mini sample of fragrance is definitely not worth 500 points! I would love to try the Dior lipsticks and a sample of their makeup remover and nail cream would be great. 

@sephoramusthave- I would love to try out one of those Beauty.com bags, maybe I'll rustle up a small order to try them out! Thanks!

sephoramusthave

prettyinpa---You have to spend $100 to get the bag with deluxe samples. But $100 at Sephora just gives you one little deluxe sample. Beauty.com always has this available, and they change the bags/samples in it very frequently.

nociva

I was almost tempted to get it, but as I saw it looks like a cheapie bracelet. Honestly, Ulta gives you a ton choices when you reach a certain level - heck, we've passed their highest level 6 and I could get a free fragrance or hair tool plus full size products, and yet all I get offered are more samples even after all the price increases by brands and taxes? I already get enough samples with Birchbox.

I want to thank you to the poster above for letting me know about beauty.com. I have a perfume I want to buy so this would be quite easy purchase choice.

anaa

Beauty,com gives its customers cash back every quarter as well.  Maybe that would be a better way for Sephora to go instead of the perks.  It isn't just this one that was a disappointment to me, it was the last several.

sephoramusthave

Yes they give 5% cash back on every purchase and they have sister sites too ( drugstore.com and visiondirect) and it doesnt matter which of the three websites you purchase from you get your cash back. 

kimmi1115

@sephoramusthave  Beauty.com sounds very interesting.  Can't go wrong with free stuff!  I'll have to check that out.  Thanks for sharing!

I hope the 500pt perks do improve.  I've been waiting for one to call out to me, but nothing so far.  I've only cashed in on a couple of 100 pt perks.  A mini Anastasia lipgloss and a mini Clinique gloss.  Still have plenty of the Clinique gloss, and that's what led to more interest in the brand.  I hope to find a 500 point perk that will do the same.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Does anyone know whether the rumor of Sephora making 1000 pt perks is true?

orbi

(0) Hearts

I can't say 100% that it's true, but about a month ago I had a Sephora employee tell me in the store that they are doing it. She didn't say when.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 61 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • meeshelle
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • anaa
    • tiffanybt
    • ran8