CRUELTY FREE BRAND UPDATES!

Leaping bunny has come out with the 2016 list of cruelty free brands that Sephora carries..there have also been some changes:

These brands are cruelty free AND they have agreed to independent inspections:

NARS                                                        

BITE

FIRST AID

KAT VOND

DRUNK ELEPHANT

HOURGLASS

BECCA

MURAD

OLE HENRIKSON

WEN

KATE SOMMERVILLE

BUXOM

TARTA HARPER

TOO FACED

JOSIE MARAN

COVER FX

JULEP

NUDE STIX

BAREMINERALS AND BUXOM

SUNDAY RILEY

ABH

KORRES

TOO FACED

LAVANILLA

TARTE WAS BUT IS NOT OWNED BY KOSE WHO MAKES PRODUCTS IN CHINA..IN CHINA BY LAW YOU MUST TEST PRODUCTS ON ANIMALS BEFORE PACKAGING

SAME GOES FOR URBAN DECAY WHO IS NOW OWNED BY LOREAL WHO DOES TEST ON ANIMALS

Re: CRUELTY FREE BRAND UPDATES!

(0) Hearts

Herbivore is cruelty free & vegan.

Glossier is cruelty free (but not sold at Sephora)

(0) Hearts

I believe Nars is owned by Shiseido, whom is not 100% cruelty free. 

your right ty!

Ahava

ColourPop

Dr. Dennis Gross

E.L.F.

Elizabeth and James Fragrance

Formula X

IT Cosmetics

Lush

Marc Jacobs Beauty

Murad

Physicians Formula

Smashbox

Tatcha

PETA and leaping bunny have not said the law has xhanged so i will wait on them but ty!

(0) Hearts

PETA isn't the best resource for cruelty-free info, just sayin

I use leaping bunny as well

[ Edited ]

Actually China changed this law, like one year ago or so. Now products that are made in China or that have ingredients in their safe list don't need to be animal tested anymore.

Also L'Oreal had already stopped testing on animals in the 80's, when it was blacklisted for starting to sell in China (where they tested then). So now they should be cleared, since they were among the ones in China lobbying to end obligatory animal testing, and offering alternatives (coming from the millions of dollars spent on research during a few decades) to the Chinese government. 

I am against animal cruelty and find great to see people speaking out, but we really should keep informed.

BTW, if you want to keep your list 100% clean - and I respect that - you should know that Korres is a subsidiary of Johnson&Johnson :/

[ Edited ]

Imported cosmetics are still required to be tested, however.

"The recent change in China’s law applies only to cosmetics made in China. Animal tests are still required for imported cosmetics. In recent years some companies with long histories of not testing on animals have agreed to have their products tested on animals in order to sell them in China. Such companies include Estee Lauder, Avon, Mary Kay, and L’Occitane. In 2012 Urban Decay, known for its motto “We don’t do animal testing. How could anyone?” announced that it would begin selling its products in China as well, though it later reversed the decision after a great deal of pressure and criticism from existing customers. A few companies, such as LUSH, have been outspoken critics of China’s policy and have refused the invitation to sell their products there while China requires them to be tested on animals.

Developments like the new law in China are encouraging, but such modifications in rules should not be seen as an indication of big changes in speciesist attitudes. China has not stated a reason for its decision to change the FDA rule. Chinese authorities have indicated that they are considering expanding it to include so-called special-use cosmetics and applying the rule to imported as well as domestically produced cosmetics. However, they have also acknowledged that there will probably be an increase in animal use for post-market tests, in which products are pulled off store shelves and tested to ensure that the formulations are the same as the ones that were approved."

http://www.animal-ethics.org/china-lifts-requirement-animal-testing-some-cosmetics/

PLEASE ADD TO CRUELTY FREE LIST

alterna is also cruelty free

I meant tarte is NOW owned by kose lol srry!

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 6 in conversation