sbowden

Breathing a sigh of relief each time an order ships.

I know with all of the banning news we've been hearing now, I've been a lot more nervous placing orders, even though everything I order is for myself or for gifts and I AM NOT A RESELLER. *cough hint Sephora cough*

Anyone else feel similarly? Lately there's no better feeling than receiving an email that says "your order has shipped." I don't want to live in fear anymore!

And I know there's no clear answer, but do we all maybe want to get together and come up with a list of things that might get you banned? Just to be on the safe side? 

consolvo

Re: Breathing a sigh of relief each time an order ships.

Ordering isn't making me the least bit nervous.

I mentioned in early August that abusing the system may not be a wise move and even said "They gave us this...and they can take it away!".

Although I don't know the specifics of why a couple of users were banned from shopping online, I could guess...

sbowden

I have to agree with you there. I'm very grateful for the free shipping, I use it often but I don't think I abuse it. I'm sure there are some people out there who do abuse it, and I'm sure that could eventually ruin it for all of us. For now though, I'm just trying to be careful to avoid doing things that could be construed as sketchy. 

misscg

I said something similar and I was considered antisephora/complainer

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Wait, what? you were considered antisephora when you said customers shouldn't abuse the free shipping perk? wouldn't that be prosephora? o.O

In any case, I'm glad you ladies still stayed. =)

misscg

No I said it could be taken away. Some ppl were tired of hearing rouge sucks and were just happy for free shipping and promo codes. I pointed out they could take it away and limit stuff. No one wanted to hear it. Just like when we couldn't use the old perks for like 2 weeks and they claimed it was a website glitch and I thought it was to limit the number of orders. Now ppl are being banned...point is they want to limit the number of orders.

consolvo

My remark was not appreciated either. I'm just glad that, so far, the behavior of others isn't affecting us all.

SugaredMagnolia

(0) Hearts

I'm kind of fascinated by all this. I've been away from BT for a week or so and missed all of the commotion.

misscg

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Right now my anxiety extends to actually getting packages after it ships, its a UPS issue ( maybe too many of you rouge ladies live in my ups network!! lol) One of my boxes is MIA due to im guessing all of the holiday orders from everywhere and them not processing it quick enough. So I ordered my naked 3 this morning and who knows if it'll ship and when I'll get it -_- .....but I'm being patient...honest :smileywink:

sbowden

(0) Hearts

Oh no!!! Nothing like this has happened to me yet *crosses fingers*. I hope you get it all sorted out :smileysad: 

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

Okay I feel stupid asking but I keep seeing these posts about banning....and I don't know what people are talking about lol. Why are people getting "banned" and even when they say banned, what is Sephora saying? You can't order online? You can't buy period? You can't return?

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Basically some Rouge members found out they were unable to place order online and found out through phone that they are banned from ordering online because they violated the terms&policy. They can still order instore. So far from a cursory scan of all things, it doesn't look like anyone ordered for the promo then returned every single item. Sephora cannot reveal the criteria they used to detect fraud/resalers, but what *seems* to be the reason are some people who would get 6-12 of the popular promo as soon as it comes out, or placing a ton of $1 orders and pile on the samples/promos (without buying anything substaintial I assume, if someone placed a dozen $1 orders then a $400 order, I would imagine it balances out). Anyways, the reasons are pure speculation, for all I know I could be completely wrong and it's based on the phases of the moon or whether or not mercury's in retrograde, whatever that means.

Honestly I can't see Sephora winning here. Let's say someone is placing 50 orders of $1 each to get 50 Florabotanica mini perfume, if Sephora ban them then they may argue that Sephora is being a bully and taking away their free shipping rights. If Sephora don't ban them, then the perk might be OOS within 10min and all the rest of the customer will complain about how Sephora don't have its s*** together and it's false advertising yada yada yada. Anyways, I haven't done anything that I can see as borderlining abuse so I'm not particularly passionate about it, especially since I don't know the whole story.

sbowden

(0) Hearts

I'm not entirely sure on the specifics but I think it means banned from buying online. Sephora will continuously just cancel your orders, I think. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think you'll still be fine in-store. 

bratknits

(0) Hearts

No one knows for sure.  Nothing.  Yes.  In store only but store can be hours away.  Some have been told they can't.

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

That sounds strange. I'm not much for online shopping but there has to be a better way to prevent someone from getting 20 freebies? I can respect the desire to want to be sure that everyone has a fair chance at a highly sought after freebie, but again, there has to be a better way....

chupi

(0) Hearts

How many BT ladies have gotten banned?

lilyyy

sbowden

(0) Hearts

Thanks lilyyy! :smileyhappy:

sbowden

(0) Hearts

One that I know of. You can find her thread about it if you look for it. I'm on my phone so it's difficult for me to provide a direct link lol

lilyyy

I feel the exact same way which is horribly UN-fun. But I wonder if I did it to myself...

If I hadn't discovered BT, I would be ordering $1 orders, adding tons of promos, ordering every day without a single worry.

sbowden

(0) Hearts

Oooh good point. But maybe it's better to be knowledgeable so we can *try* to prevent it from happening? And I stress try.... 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • chupi
    • misscg
    • lilyyy
    • consolvo
    • ChicDabbler
    • sbowden