H216

Bonus Points- Am I the only one who doesn't care?

Right now there's a promo for 3x points for perfume purchases. For me, that isn't something I care about (at Sephora). I mean, the point perks aren't all that amazing to me anymore like they used to be. I'm more swayed during the 15% and 20% sales and events.Am I the only one or are there others that feel the same way?

Also, that being said, if I needed to buy perfume anyways then it also wouldn't sway me against it.

daisies121

Re: Bonus Points- Am I the only one who doesn't care?

The points definitely don't drive me to buy anything just because of all the crummy stuff they have to swap your points for.

ilovebears

I think the bonus points are nice, but they don't affect whether or not I actually purchase something.  I agree with you, it's the 15% and 20% sales that get me :smileytongue:

It is nice a nice extra, though, for anyone who was already going to purchase perfume!

m3rma1d

Personally, I love it! :smileyhappy: 

hydee77

[ Edited ]

Unless the Beach Walk perfume from Replica comes back in stock before 5/11, I won't be purchasing any fragrances!  I'll probably get it anyway after the promo though.  I don't typically buy things "just because" when there are point promos going on unless I really want something or need it!  A lot of the reason behind this is because I have not been impressed with the perk offerings lately.  If they were awesome perks, I would want to purchase more things to get more points to get awesome perks!  :smileyhappy:  Like others have said, I would rather wait for a % off.

vanillammm

The only thing I like better about 3x points (for fragrance, skincare, whatever the product they are trying to up-sell at the moment is..) versus the dollar % off is that you dont need a promo code to get the extra points (even though points are only worth items that are given out for much less at other retailers) . 

When there is a % off promo code, I never end up using it because there is always some other promo code that I want with a value higher than the measly 10-15% they offer off of my purchase total.

AlisG

I usually only spend the money for the extra points if it's something I really wanted anyways. I decided that I didn't really want to go out of my way to spend money for the points.. I, too, would rather get a percentage off because saving money is worth way more to me than getting points.. 

... especially when I noticed that some of the 100 pt perks were the same samples that I've gotten in gift with purchases from other places.

H216

I agree!

ChicDabbler

When I went to the Nordstrom Trend Event, they had complimentary engraving for perfumes and the handwriting was so gorgeous I brought what I want there instead and got some pretty silver cursive engraved on my bottle. =)

Yeah, I like the % off better since I almost never like a product when it's on sale, always before or after, lol.

Heatoyos1

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I think the perfume store inside DIsneyland does something like this, so cute! I think they might paint the bottles, though?

H216

(0) Hearts

I got perfume like that last yr @ Nordies... However, my hubby knocked it off the counter and I lost a brand new bottle of Chloe that way :smileysad: it was so cute too!!!

DiVWA

I don't think I ever got the double points from the last promotion (the skincare one). There's really no accountability for how the points are added for buys or deducted for returns IMHO. The points promos don't mean anything to me anymore.

vanillammm

(0) Hearts

I agree that it makes no sense for sephora not to have a feature where we can clearly see point additions and deductions from our points account balance. 

andyhtrieu

I don't think I will ever spend my points at Sephora. I don't want to pay "$100", like jujicakes' said, on a tiny bottle of mascara. I like Ulta's points and rewards system better because you can actually spend your points to get discounts or a free hair cut and blow dry at their salon. 

infinitise

lol I agree 

if you find the right time, you could get a whole bagful of gift with purchase for that much spending 

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

Good point!

SephoraMichelle

Last year Sephora gave triple points on the whole purchase! I wish it was like that this year.I love my little 100 point perks!!

H216

I like Jujicake's analogy of paying $100 or $500 for some samples.

I mean it's nice they offer point perks but I just think there's nothing that is particularly so appealing to me anymore. Now I'm just sitting with 1500 some odd points.

At another store I'm automatically getting 1.25 pts per every dollar spent for being an upgraded member. And that's everyday on every purchase!

vanillammm

(0) Hearts

and that "other" store lets you spend your points like cash - on anything in the store.

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]

I'm not a perfume person, sensitive to smells, so the 3x points doesn't mean anything, to me. If it's a brand that commonly has gwps, I look for those, since I get more money for my buck, rather than purchasing here. A good percentage off may mean something, depending on what it is and where I can obtain.

divagirl90

I haven't brought any perfumes during the event because I rather wait until the fall 20% off sale. I guess I just don't care either.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 54 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • daisies121
    • hydee77
    • ChicDabbler
    • divagirl90
    • ilovebears
    • vanillammm