melanito

Birthday Gifts and Promos from Cosmetic Companies

[ Edited ]

I am an October baby and just received an email from Pacifica reminding me of my birthday gift from them. I thought I'd start a thread to see if people would share what perks they receive from cosmetic companies for their bdays so others can find out and sign up for them.

Thanks to the beauty experts (go figure :smileyhappy: Rikkie and Missie for their tips. You two should create a blog..seriously!

• Sephora - we all know this one - this year it's a lovely kit with a mini They're Real mascara and Watt's up highlighter. Must be redeemed 2 weeks prior to or subsequent to your bday. Must sign up for Beauty Insider program to redeem. Can be added to your order online or picked up for free in store. You also have option of getting the Fresh Lip Duo online and I can't recall what the option for guys is (maybe a Jack Black set)?
  • Pacifica - code for 10 off a 25 purchase (expires at end of month of your bday). I think I just subscribed to their email list
  • Benefit - I recall that you can get a free lipstick from Benefit for your bday (but haven't updated my contact info recently). I think you just subscribe to their email list as well
  • Urban Decay, free 24/7 liner in your choice of color ($19 value) with any purchase in your birthday month, you have to be subscribed to emails from them at least and they send an email with a code to add to your order.
  • AmorePacific, 15% off on all products in your birthday month when you are subscribed for emails
  • Lancome, free lipstick and primer with $49 purchase when signed up for emails, my email does not have an expiration date on it so I don't know if/when you have to use it by.
  • Tarte, 20% off one order within 30 days of birthday email being sent. Does not apply to sale items.
  • Bare Minerals, free eyeshadow with no purchase necessary in store or with any purchase online within 30 days of your birthday when signed up to their Friends and Benefits program.
  • Smashbox, free full size Full Exposure Mascara with $35 purchase with the Smashbox Pretty Points program.
  • Dr. Dennis Gross, 25% off an order within 30 days of your birthday when signed up for emails.
  • Giorgio Armani Beauty, full-size Gloss D’Armani in shade 513 within 2 weeks of your birthday with $50 purchase when signed up for emails.
  • YSL, full-size La Laque Couture in shade 32 – Rouge Expressionniste with $75 purchase when signed up for emails. No expiry date mentioned?
  • Boscia, $10 off $40 purchase within one month of your birthday when signed up for emails.
  • Origins- $10 off a $25 purchase. You have to be subscribed to their emails though.
  • Aveda: Free exclusive birthday gift up to a $25 value. It is customized to you with the scent/aroma of your choice.
  • Ulta: $10 off during your birthday month. Plus double points all month long. Must be a Ulta Club member.
  • Laura Mercier: $25 off $75, plus free shipping. Must be signed up for their emails.
  • Bobbi Brown: Free lip gloss. Must be subscribed to their emails.
  • CVS: $3 in extracare bucks when you sign up for the CVS ExtraCare Beauty Club
  • The Body Shop: Become a Love Your Body Member (nominal fee) and you get a free birthday gift during your birthday month.
  • Non-beauty perks
  • GGP Malls (general growth properties) have a program called 'The Club'.  they send you an email or two a month.  they give you a $10 gift card to spend at the mall.  My local mall is Oak Brook, Il.  I would think the other malls would do the same. http://www.ggp.com/properties/mall-directory
  • Godiva Reward program gave me $10 gift card last year.  One free piece of chocolate a month.
  • World Market $10 gift card.
  • Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants $15 gift card (you have to pay $25 to join their program, but its well worth it)

calcutta

Re: Birthday Gifts and Promos from Cosmetic Companies

(0) Hearts

If only I had seen this in March :smileysad:

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

fabulosity! My b-day is in a few days and this really helped, so thankyou :smileyhappy:

MK89

bump for June birthdays like my own!  thanks to all the lovely ladies who contributed <3

aleishamaxime

[ Edited ]

you have to have an ann taylor card for this but they give you $15 off one in store purchase during your birthday month (+ 10% off every first tuesday!). I pretty much have a card specifically for these two things haha, I usually pay off the card right after I pay at the counter.

*whoops I hope non cosmetic companies are okay to add here. everyone loves free birthday stuff

tessie84

(0) Hearts

Thanks for this awesome list!

Anthropologie does 15% off a one-time purchase during your birthday month. You have to register (for free) to be an Anthro member, and it's usually a postcard mailing.

chelsd

(0) Hearts

Bump. I have a May bday and will be checking this thread out.

ChicDabbler

*bump* for those with bday coming up. Don't forget your free goodies. =)

Koofa

Wow, super awesome! Thanks!!! I just skimmed the list & added all the ones I wasn't already subscribed to that I'm interested in. My birthday is 4 days after Christmas, so I'll be having a field day with all my gift cards/$ + these offers! :smileyvery-happy:

jojobe

I got one today for ULTA for 10.00 off of Anything plus 2x points the entire month of my birthday...plus all of my 10X points will be redeemable this month so I will have 60.00 free at ulta...see SEPHORA- this is what we want....I also got a free starbucks coffee- you have to be part of the green/gold card program-easy and free to sign up for. It's only the first so I will post the rest as the month carries on....

clarks18

I have a love hate relationship with Ulta.  I hate most of their stores and their employees are useless but I do love their rewards program quite a bit more than Sephora's.  I just love everything else about Sephora though.

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

I feel the same way about Ulta. If I had to pick something to hate in this world my local store and spiders are it. The one near me...the employees normally have their noses to far in the air to help me even if I've been walking around for 30 minutes (timed it once) with the most clueless look on my face.

But I do love their rewards program a lot more....

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Oh yeah, speaking of coffee, Dunkin Donuts also offer a free coffee for your bday month, altho the mailer/coupon for it doesn't come until weeks after you signed up.

And Aunt Annie also send you a coupon for free pretzel I believe. =P

lovebaking123

(0) Hearts

Can you redeem these things at Sephora, or do you have to order directly from the companies' site or go to their actual store?

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

The one listed as Sephora is what you can get from Sephora, the rest are from their respective brands, and you probably have to subscribe to their email list to get the offers, and the fine print there will tell you if it's online only or instore etc.

spedteacher74

Here are some non-beauty birthday offers I know of.

1.  GGP Malls (general growth properties) have a program called 'The Club'.  they send you an email or two a month.  they give you a $10 gift card to spend at the mall.  My local mall is Oak Brook, Il.  I would think the other malls would do the same. http://www.ggp.com/properties/mall-directory

2.  Godiva Reward program gave me $10 gift card last year.  One free piece of chocolate a month.

3.  World Market $10 gift card.

4.  Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants $15 gift card (you have to pay $25 to join their program, but its well worth it)

ChicDabbler

I wish I had seen this before my bday. It's bookmarked for nxt yr, lol.

Sorry for being a pain, but can you bold the brand names so they are easier to skim? thanks!

I wish I have something to offer, but aside from Sephora, all the other ones I signed up for are food (Starbucks, Aunt Annie, Godiva etc)....you can see where my priority is, lol.

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Okay I am signed up for Sephora, Bare Minerals, Aveda, Bobbi Brown, DDG, Benefit, and Ulta!  My birthday is in a little over 60 days, so I can't wait.  Thanks ladies!

Missie772

[ Edited ]

Aveda: Free exclusive birthday gift up to a $25 value. It is customized to you with the scent/aroma of your choice.

Ulta: $10 off during your birthday month. Plus double points all month long. Must be a Ulta Club member.

Laura Mercier: $25 off $75, plus free shipping. Must be signed up for their emails.

Bobbi Brown: Free lip gloss. Must be subscribed to their emails.

CVS: $3 in extracare bucks when you sign up for the CVS ExtraCare Beauty Club

The Body Shop: Become a Love Your Body Member (nominal fee) and you get a free birthday gift during your birthday month.

spedteacher74

(0) Hearts

The Aveda B-day gift is a nice one!

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much! :heart:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies