Beauty Ranks?

I've noticed there are a few other post other there regarding this, but there hasn't been a real solution...

With the all recent posts of new Hall of Famers, (congrats to all btw), has anyone figured out how the ranking works?

Re: Beauty Ranks?

sp.PNG

Well, I'm pretty new around here (although not new at all at Sephora shopping) and I feel like my new life goal is to become a Hall of Famer Smiley Happy

Hehe...I was the same way!  It didn't take me too long, about four months, I think.  I made it before I had 400 hearts (I had around 380-390) and have never done a review on Sephora.  I've hearted a lot of posts.  

You'll get there before you know it.  Also, searching and posting to an existing thread is great!

(0) Hearts

I said mods because I read others mention in this thread and, in other threads that mods do. I have no idea which is why I asked yet again.  Love <3 Hugs <3 and confidence  <3 to all. @---}---

I've written 6 reviews, only 2 since joining BT, joined BT November or December 2013, I have never created a new post, and I became a HOF on my 400th heart. I don’t get it.

I do "heart" a lot so that's the only thing I can think of. 

Since you weren't sure, I looked.  Your first post was 12-06-13 (my son's birthday)!  

I think hearting posts plays a role for sure.  Typically, the people who give less hearts have lower titles.  Of course, there is an exception to that too.  There are too many exceptions.

I see the coders writing some complex formula that has all of us scratching our heads to mess with us.

Let me please state for the record, the name title changes are somewhat random.

Mods have 0 to do with it.

It changes for everyone in the same order.

It is based on number of POSTS.

Based on your REVIEWS on Sephora products. 

And depending who you talk to, questions that you answer in the questions sections.

We have brought up the reviews factor in the titles, and I don't think they make a difference because there are some uses that do not write reviews.

I have heard from 2 mods that they do in fact have something to do with it. 

(0) Hearts

Maybe if I do 10 reviews it counts as 50 posts or something. But I have heard and read from separate mods that they def play some part. 

funny, I asked what the names meant before and was told by more then one person " They had no idea " and now I read a thread that a mod actually gives you them? I'll ask what I asked before.. Is there a way to find out what the names are and what they mean and what level they are( basically a list of the names and what they mean and their order)

I thought ( or assumed since I kept being told I don't know) that it simply changed by the number of your post.

(0) Hearts

Mods have 0 to do with it.

[ Edited ]

I do not think the mods assign them either.  People were just hoping a mod could explain to my knowledge (although I doubt they know the exact reason either).  When I say "what title they give you," I am not referring to the mods.  I am referring to whomever writes the code that determines it.  Someone had to come up with it.  Changes do seem to happen when you're not expecting it, so I believe there is some sort of algorithm truly involved.  It just is so complex that no one understands it.  If it was an easy algorithm, someone could explain to me why the lovely lady above has been around longer (actively posting) and has more hearts, but does not have the top rank she deserves. 

I would like a mod to explain too...also I thought I moved beyond Beauty Whiz and got bumped back this week. I thought I noticed a few other posters changed status but backwards...anyone else notice this? 

[ Edited ]

Just know that you're awesome no matter what title they give you.  Hopefully, you can move back up.  Although, you deserve HOF, and should go all the way up.  The way they select who gets what is weird.

No one better mess with mine.  Hands off the title! Man Wink  I am going back to work next week, so I will be posting a lot less.  They may demote me too.

I can say Ive taken long-ish hiatuses before as a HoF and no demotion.  

But back to work NC???  wow thats a big step!  Good luck!

[ Edited ]

This post is almost 2 years old, Jamie. I am not working anymore. Every time I go back to work for a single project and they keep assigning more to keep me on. It has been over a year since I went in now and have not heard of any new projects they have for me.

Too funny.  Guess I should look at the date, no?  Well, at least youve made it without a demotion!

yeah...I am pretty sure I was a "beauty Guru" before, then a "Beauty Boss" now I am a Guru again.....

oh well, it's fun! 

(0) Hearts

You're awesome too.  

Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • WHix4.jpg
  • 2df8876364096e93052d86c7def15496.jpg
  • 40f62fef4f38a1e03c8eddbd9ffcaade.jpg
  • llamadrama.jpg
  • Oprah21.jpg
  • open mouth.jpeg