weeeeweeeeeee

Beauty Ranks?

I've noticed there are a few other post other there regarding this, but there hasn't been a real solution...

With the all recent posts of new Hall of Famers, (congrats to all btw), has anyone figured out how the ranking works?

imbeautiful

Re: Beauty Ranks?

(0) Hearts

I said mods because I read others mention in this thread and, in other threads that mods do. I have no idea which is why I asked yet again.  Love <3 Hugs <3 and confidence  <3 to all. @---}---

lovinglondon

(0) Hearts

I've written 6 reviews, only 2 since joining BT, joined BT November or December 2013, I have never created a new post, and I became a HOF on my 400th heart. I don’t get it.

I do "heart" a lot so that's the only thing I can think of. 

notcreative

Since you weren't sure, I looked.  Your first post was 12-06-13 (my son's birthday)!  

I think hearting posts plays a role for sure.  Typically, the people who give less hearts have lower titles.  Of course, there is an exception to that too.  There are too many exceptions.

I see the coders writing some complex formula that has all of us scratching our heads to mess with us.

YouAreAlways

Let me please state for the record, the name title changes are somewhat random.

Mods have 0 to do with it.

It changes for everyone in the same order.

It is based on number of POSTS.

Based on your REVIEWS on Sephora products. 

And depending who you talk to, questions that you answer in the questions sections.

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

We have brought up the reviews factor in the titles, and I don't think they make a difference because there are some uses that do not write reviews.

YouAreAlways

I have heard from 2 mods that they do in fact have something to do with it. 

YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

Maybe if I do 10 reviews it counts as 50 posts or something. But I have heard and read from separate mods that they def play some part. 

imbeautiful

(0) Hearts

funny, I asked what the names meant before and was told by more then one person " They had no idea " and now I read a thread that a mod actually gives you them? I'll ask what I asked before.. Is there a way to find out what the names are and what they mean and what level they are( basically a list of the names and what they mean and their order)

I thought ( or assumed since I kept being told I don't know) that it simply changed by the number of your post.

YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

Mods have 0 to do with it.

notcreative

[ Edited ]

I do not think the mods assign them either.  People were just hoping a mod could explain to my knowledge (although I doubt they know the exact reason either).  When I say "what title they give you," I am not referring to the mods.  I am referring to whomever writes the code that determines it.  Someone had to come up with it.  Changes do seem to happen when you're not expecting it, so I believe there is some sort of algorithm truly involved.  It just is so complex that no one understands it.  If it was an easy algorithm, someone could explain to me why the lovely lady above has been around longer (actively posting) and has more hearts, but does not have the top rank she deserves. 

meagboho

(0) Hearts

I would like a mod to explain too...also I thought I moved beyond Beauty Whiz and got bumped back this week. I thought I noticed a few other posters changed status but backwards...anyone else notice this? 

notcreative

[ Edited ]

Just know that you're awesome no matter what title they give you.  Hopefully, you can move back up.  Although, you deserve HOF, and should go all the way up.  The way they select who gets what is weird.

No one better mess with mine.  Hands off the title! :manwink:  I am going back to work next week, so I will be posting a lot less.  They may demote me too.

gogreyhound

yeah...I am pretty sure I was a "beauty Guru" before, then a "Beauty Boss" now I am a Guru again.....

oh well, it's fun! 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

You're awesome too.  

HookedOnBeauty2

I started on BT this year and here is the list of my rankings so far:

Beauty Maven

Beauty Buff

Beauty Whiz

Beauty Savant

Beauty Pro

Beauty Boss

serioustree

Just got to 300 and became Beauty Master

SFbeautyaddict

[ Edited ]

Haha I have been so curious about this too! I have a theory based on what I have read so far. If any of this is inconsistent with what you have seen, please reply and correct me! I am "IT GIRL" and I have been a Beauty Insider/VIB/VIB Rouge for YEARS but haven't posted any reviews before today and have only posted on Beauty Talk once before today :smileyhappy:

IT GIRL
BEAUTY MAVEN
BEAUTY BUFF
BEAUTY WHIZ
BEAUTY SAVANT
BEAUTY PRO
BEAUTY BOSS
BEAUTY GURU
BEAUTY MASTER
HALL OF FAMER

Update: I just became a BEAUTY MAVEN (presumably from some of my activity today?).

levid

I just hit 24 hearts now I'm a buff. Please show me the love! 

Spoiler

levid

When I started I was beyond a newcomer don't remember though what it was called. Now I'm up to maven within a few days since starting on BT so please share the love. I did have 40+ reviews when I stumbled on to BT accidentally. 

newandaddicted

I've been a member for a while but just lurked and didn't post but I'm in full force now..haven't noticed any changes, but I wasn't paying close attention.  I do leave reviews good or bad.

Oh how do you ladies get smilies?  I want to play.

I love this place...feels like home!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 151 replies
  • 591 hearts
  • 52 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • daisies121
    • kenny
    • killahbabe
    • weeeeweeeeeee