Mariahk83

Anyone interested in another traveling box?!

[ Edited ]

BOX IS FULL, LIST IS CLOSED!

I'm moving out of state mid-Jan and really would like to unload my entire makeup talk.com swap list so I don't have to take it/pack it!  I'd prefer to start the box due to that - would any one be interested in getting another traveling box going!  

posting the rules (if agreed to) from another swap box:

This box is open for US shipping only. The shipping becomes more expensive for Canada, and takes longer due to border checks.

1. Pick Your Number (first to a number gets it)
2. Start collecting your beauty goodies
3. Read through the Rules below to know what is allowed & what is not

Allowed:
☆ High-End products and items you got from subscription boxes (please keep drugstore items to a minimum- MAX of 2 drugstore items per person) a few samples are ok too.
☆ All opened items must be labeled ("swatched", "opened", "tried/used"…)
☆ Fragrance if it's in a spray bottle (can be 1/2 used too) & must be wrapped
☆ Nail polish must be tightly closed & bubble wrapped or in a box
☆ Makeup as long as you've cleaned it with alcohol & it doesn't have big fingerprint marks/dents in it
☆ Mascara if it's sealed/ brand new never used
☆ Tools/Brushes/Cases/Bags/Empty Jars as long as they are clean
☆ Anything that is sealed
☆ Skin care items in tubes & bottles Jars only allowed if it's sealed or unopened
☆ Items will be organized in bags by type. Make sure products are wrapped well so they won't leak or break & ruin everything else
☆ Keep non beauty related items to a minimum (please do not overload the box with makeup bags, cases, etc).
☆ every item needs to be inside a plastic bag/ziplock

Not Allowed:
☹ Pre-made samples
☹ Taking more than you put in. Keep the Value of items equal
☹ Heavily used items (except for perfume)
☹ Swatching items in the box
☹ Keeping the box for more than 3 days. (USPS does home pickup, so no EXCUSES! ) If you are traveling or something comes up, please let us know ASAP so we can move you on the list.

Rules
-don't keep the box for more than a few days (ALSO YOU MUST INCLUDE A TRACKING NUMBER it makes it more fun anticipating your turn)
-don't put in anything unsanitary
-send your address to the person above you
-replace what you took with something as nice or nicer
-minimal drugstore items (2 or so per person)
-don't take all of one kind of item, for example, if there are 3 of one perfume, take only 1 so that others will have a chance to try them
-post in a picture and/or text what you took and left (picture AND written description preferred)
-package things carefully and put things in ziplock bags
-have fun, try some things you haven't tried before
-if you think there is a need for more rules, post a reply to this

☆ NO RESERVE ☆
☆ No Swatching items from the box ☆

UNLESS sealed NO:
NOTHING THAT CAN'T BE CLEANED or SANITIZED

1. mariahk83  - 9405 5036 9930 0189 9842 13

2. spacesuit - 9505 5000 1293 4008 0002 32 shipped 1/8

3. killahbabe - 9405509699938116448976 shipped 1/13

4. tigrelili - 9405509699939597212063 shipped 1/22

5. ireneh - 9405509699937299742086 shipped 2/04

6. dasies121 - 9405903699300121845464 shipped 2/08

7. edalaide1 - 9405909699937325250231 shipped 2/13

8. yazmin -9114901159815764939820 shipped 2/20

9. kraezilyunique - 9405903699300130522837 2/24

10. mychoi - 9114901189866921270639 2/28

11. spoiledbrat - mailed and rec'd by OKLady

12. oklady2013

13. carenganda21 - items sent and rec'd separately.

14. kimchikween

15. lizie 

16. person11

17. desertrose0706

I'll gladly donate any unwanted items once the box makes it back to me, if anyone knows of a good place to do so in the San Antonio area, let me know (i'll be too new to the area to know much!!)

PLEASE PM THE PERSON PRIOR TO YOU WITH YOUR NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS!

Alena444

Re: Anyone interested in another traveling box?!

(0) Hearts

Hi Ladies !!! I am new to beauty talk, and came across this post. I would absolutely love to join this travelling box group, if it isn't full yet 

Teresaanne92

(0) Hearts

It is full, however most boxes require some sort of requirements- hearts, posts, verified trades, and personal relationships with some of the members. If you're interested in boxes I would get to know your fellow BTers, and keep your eyes peeled.

Usually box requirements are posted on the original post, and somewhere on the post (usually at the top) it will say "Box is full!" like this one does as an indication.

Good luck and welcome to BT! :smileyhappy:

Alena444

(0) Hearts

oh ok! Thank you !

oklady2013

[ Edited ]

Sorry about the extra empty spoiler tags . It acted like it wasn't working. anyway Mariah approved trade.

As you could see from the 1st photo it was a big box and needed thinned immensely to fit in a large flat rate USPS box. So I took most everything out of it's pkging, pulled the majority of the foil samples, pulled the larger items already posted in this thread. After checking with Mariah, kinchikween & person11 we pulled all the swatched eye & lip products & the nail polishes.  All the above will either be sent to Mariah or doinated locally as she decides.

Also I pulled the ELF blush that was old and separating/cracking in the bottle. I trashed it with Mariah's ok.

I still did not have enough room to get everything in the box I wanted to put in so the PTR Moisturizer & the Catwalk palette just would not fit no matter what I tried, so they are in a box to Mariah with some things I was sending her anyway & a couple items she wanted pulled due to size to free up space.

I did not show the surprise bag I picked as they are similar with some slight variations &  don't want to spoil it for the other 2 ladies.

All the items I added to the box are new except the PTR ( used 10-12 times maybe) & the Catwalk palette (swatched 2x)

Box is on it's way to Kimchiqween.  USPS# 9114901159815162031324 expected delivery Friday 8/8.

kraezilyunique

(0) Hearts

Thanks for posting all of the pics - I'm so happy the box is moving again! :smileyhappy:

oklady2013

What I put in:

Spoiler
mariah's box & my trade 002.JPG
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

oklady2013

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts
Spoiler

What is staying me + the pkg. of Sephora cotton rounds that escaped the photo.

Spoiler
mariah's box & my trade 001.JPG

carenganda21

(0) Hearts

Great choices!!! I hope you enjoy the Sephora precision pad as well as the Sephora cleansing cloth as much as I do..! I love those and I would like someone to try these and love them too!!! 

oklady2013

more from caregarden

Spoiler
caterina 12.jpgcatrina 13.jpg
Spoiler
catrina 14.jpgcatrina 15.jpg

oklady2013

More from carengarden

Spoiler
caterina 8.jpgcatrina 9.jpg
Spoiler
Spoiler
catrina 10.jpgcatrina 11.jpg
Spoiler

oklady2013

carengarden's contribution

Spoiler
caterina 3.jpgcaterina 4.jpgcaterina 5.jpg

caterina 6.jpgcaterina 7.jpg

oklady2013

[ Edited ]

When the box arrived to me it was a large box and packed full.  There were surprise bags for the people following spoiled brat  along with an apology for the delay.  I then sent checked with carengarden to see if the idea Mariah & I had would work so she could still participate. She thought it would so I sent photos for her to chose her goodies. She sent photos of her contribution and Mariah approved the trade. 

The box when I got it.

Spoiler
Mariah's box 002.JPG
Spoiler

Carengarden's choices

Spoiler
caterina's choices 001.JPG

daisies121

(0) Hearts

Is this box back on track?  :smileyhappy:  I know I already had my turn but I want to continue watching stuff come and go. 

Mariahk83

yes, the box is back on track!  carenganda21 was able to participate too, OKLady sent pics and she was able to choose what she wanted, and sent pics back of what she'd put in.  She's in AK so we thought this way would be faster.  OKLady is trying to pare down the box still, no way it's all fitting into a large flat rate!

sedum

(0) Hearts

What an awesome idea! Can you explain how this works? I'd love to do this. What a perfect thing to do when you have nice make up but colors don't work, etc. 

oklady2013

Some more items to chose if you want me to leave them in the box.mariah's box polish post 001.JPG

oklady2013

Ok  ladies, I have the box and it is overflowing a large USPS box. So I am going to post some of the larger items. If any one wants any of these please let me know as soon as possible. any thing not wanted will be pulled to either be sent to Mariah or donated locally as Mariah decides.

mariah box 001.JPGmariah box 002.JPG

Masaya

(0) Hearts

No more pictures? ;-;

daisies121

[ Edited ]

Anyone else still here?  I still check this thread every once in a while hoping the box will get moving again.  Its really sad to think that my stuff and everyone else's contributions might not find good homes or go to charity  :smileysad:

Mariahk83

(0) Hearts

no worries, they will - i think the big concern at this point is heat - OKLady is in OK and I'm in south TX!  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 562 replies
  • 880 hearts
  • 41 in conversation
    • eadelaide1
    • daisies121
    • DTalksAll
    • killahbabe
    • spoiledbrat
    • jojobe