Mariahk83

Anyone interested in another traveling box?!

[ Edited ]

BOX IS FULL, LIST IS CLOSED!

I'm moving out of state mid-Jan and really would like to unload my entire makeup talk.com swap list so I don't have to take it/pack it!  I'd prefer to start the box due to that - would any one be interested in getting another traveling box going!  

posting the rules (if agreed to) from another swap box:

This box is open for US shipping only. The shipping becomes more expensive for Canada, and takes longer due to border checks.

1. Pick Your Number (first to a number gets it)
2. Start collecting your beauty goodies
3. Read through the Rules below to know what is allowed & what is not

Allowed:
☆ High-End products and items you got from subscription boxes (please keep drugstore items to a minimum- MAX of 2 drugstore items per person) a few samples are ok too.
☆ All opened items must be labeled ("swatched", "opened", "tried/used"…)
☆ Fragrance if it's in a spray bottle (can be 1/2 used too) & must be wrapped
☆ Nail polish must be tightly closed & bubble wrapped or in a box
☆ Makeup as long as you've cleaned it with alcohol & it doesn't have big fingerprint marks/dents in it
☆ Mascara if it's sealed/ brand new never used
☆ Tools/Brushes/Cases/Bags/Empty Jars as long as they are clean
☆ Anything that is sealed
☆ Skin care items in tubes & bottles Jars only allowed if it's sealed or unopened
☆ Items will be organized in bags by type. Make sure products are wrapped well so they won't leak or break & ruin everything else
☆ Keep non beauty related items to a minimum (please do not overload the box with makeup bags, cases, etc).
☆ every item needs to be inside a plastic bag/ziplock

Not Allowed:
☹ Pre-made samples
☹ Taking more than you put in. Keep the Value of items equal
☹ Heavily used items (except for perfume)
☹ Swatching items in the box
☹ Keeping the box for more than 3 days. (USPS does home pickup, so no EXCUSES! ) If you are traveling or something comes up, please let us know ASAP so we can move you on the list.

Rules
-don't keep the box for more than a few days (ALSO YOU MUST INCLUDE A TRACKING NUMBER it makes it more fun anticipating your turn)
-don't put in anything unsanitary
-send your address to the person above you
-replace what you took with something as nice or nicer
-minimal drugstore items (2 or so per person)
-don't take all of one kind of item, for example, if there are 3 of one perfume, take only 1 so that others will have a chance to try them
-post in a picture and/or text what you took and left (picture AND written description preferred)
-package things carefully and put things in ziplock bags
-have fun, try some things you haven't tried before
-if you think there is a need for more rules, post a reply to this

☆ NO RESERVE ☆
☆ No Swatching items from the box ☆

UNLESS sealed NO:
NOTHING THAT CAN'T BE CLEANED or SANITIZED

1. mariahk83  - 9405 5036 9930 0189 9842 13

2. spacesuit - 9505 5000 1293 4008 0002 32 shipped 1/8

3. killahbabe - 9405509699938116448976 shipped 1/13

4. tigrelili - 9405509699939597212063 shipped 1/22

5. ireneh - 9405509699937299742086 shipped 2/04

6. dasies121 - 9405903699300121845464 shipped 2/08

7. edalaide1 - 9405909699937325250231 shipped 2/13

8. yazmin -9114901159815764939820 shipped 2/20

9. kraezilyunique - 9405903699300130522837 2/24

10. mychoi - 9114901189866921270639 2/28

11. spoiledbrat

12. oklady2013

13. carenganda21 

14. kimchikween

15. lizie 

16. person11

17. desertrose0706

I'll gladly donate any unwanted items once the box makes it back to me, if anyone knows of a good place to do so in the San Antonio area, let me know (i'll be too new to the area to know much!!)

PLEASE PM THE PERSON PRIOR TO YOU WITH YOUR NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS!

carenganda21

Re: Anyone interested in another traveling box?!

I absolutely understand whatever problem or issue SB is having right now, but for the sake of the ladies here who is still waiting for the box, a simple update from SB will make a whole lot difference. Commenting on other threads and giving hearts 5 minutes ago will make me think how come she can do those things but then she can't leave a single update about the box on this thread😔... It's just sad... 😔... 

gregory519

I am not even in this box but I have to say this is so uncalled for. This is one of the reasons why I still hesitate to join cause you never know when there is a bad egg in the group. I am sorry for the rest of the nice ladies have been waiting for months for this box.

Mariahk83

:smileysad:  I've messaged her a few times as well and haven't heard back since early april when I gave you guys the last update.  I really hope the box can get out soon - this is frustrating for everyone I know.  I'll keep you updated if i know more. 

penelopepuffman

(0) Hearts

So sorry to hear about this. :smileysad:

carenganda21

May 1st is here 😔... I apologize I need to pull myself off our TSB list...  Like what I mention before, summer season starts May 1st and we work for more than 12hours a day seven days week... I am just worried that I might hold the box for more than 3days based on the rules stated above... Mariahk83, thanks again for the opportunity to be part of this 😉!! I hope you guys enjoy the box and happy summer..!!! 😉

Mariahk83

[ Edited ]

when gets moving again you're more than welcome to participate, even if it'll take a bit longer than a few days to get it out.  So long as you're communicative I don't mind, and frankly at this point what's another week or two?!  :smileyhappy:

eadelaide1

[ Edited ]

Careganda- I imagine if we ever get this box going again, accommodations can be made so you can still participate. It's up to Mariahk of course, but if you can still make arrangements to have the box mailed outside of work, I bet a short delay won't be too much of an issue. Does USPS do home pick up where you live? Maybe try PM'ing our box creator to get her take on it. Hopefully you'll still be able to participate!

person11

This is sad.  I'm sorry you have to miss out after waiting two months for the box!!

person11

YO BRAT!  What's the dill, pickle?

oklady2013

I haven't heard from spoiledbrat  since early April. . I will update everyone as soon as I do.

I know Mariahk has been trying to contact her as well I don't think she has heard from her either.

oklady2013

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

carengarden, Please list what is in the photo and their size so I have some idea how much space you need. When does the season start approximately. Also, shipping nail polish is iffy due to damage and the ingredients as many nail polish ingredients are considered hazardous.

carenganda21

(0) Hearts

Hi oklady2013! We start working here on May 1st... And thanks for your advice =) I will list all the items in the photo with their sizes... And I will remove all nail polish in there... =) If ever there will be not enough space for all my stash then i can remove some of it... Thank you so much for your help..!!!

carenganda21

(0) Hearts

image.jpg I am not sure how this picture will look but anyways, most or all of these will be my contribution to the box.... Crossing my fingers to receive the TSB box before the season start..... please let me know if any of those items can't be in the box... Thanks,,! 

eadelaide1

[ Edited ]

I was in contact with SpoiledBrat on 4/6 after asking her about our box in another BT thread. She responded with the following message then:

Spoiler

Thanks for the welcome back.  It is my best guess the two boxes will go out Fed Ex tomorrow as I do not want to send thru USPS. The Fed Ex pickup varies b/c it is at an office supply store in town and not a Fed Ex facility. I do not like to leave packages there if they are not going to be picked up.

My new computer is suppose to be here sometime this week, so another BT member is going to post pics for me. After I post the info, I will send you a PM to give you heads up. How will that work for you?

Take care of yourself and I look forward to seeing you on BT.

hugs - jonnzilla xo

I replied tonight(4/14):

Spoiler

Hello again,

No need to pm me directly for updates on shipping, I'm sure the other ladies following the TSB thread would like to hear about the tracking info there. I'm already subscribed to the TSB thread anyways, and actually have already received the box. I was mainly trying to inquire on the behalf of the ladies that had posted asking for updates on the box. I would gather from the posts there that folks are pretty anxious about the progress by now. I hope that everything is going well for you and that you've had success solving your computer issues.

See you around the community! :smileyhappy:

Just wanted to keep everyone "in-the-loop"... I'm sure Brat will update us and have the box back on the move soon! :smileyhappy:

carenganda21

I really appreciate the update that you gave us eadelaide... =) .... I was really thankful that Mariahk83 made me a part of this TSB...! I live in Alaska where job is seasonal.. I was and still hoping to receive the box before summer season starts... =) We worked 7 days a week for more than 12hours a day here during summer so it would be really sad for me if season starts and still not have my turn on the box... =( Praying for the box to be back on the move too..,,!! Thanks SB for trying your best fixing the problem... =)    

oklady2013

I still haven't heard directly from spoiled brat yet. I hope to hear something soon.

Mariahk83

no real updates - Spoiledbrat did message oklady earlier this past weekend to say she hoped to have her new computer this week and would send her the tracking number as soon as she has it.

I'm just as anxious as the rest of you to get the box moving again, SB is a great and trusted member of this community - so I have all the faith in the world the box will get moving again soon! She's been dealing with some things outside of the norm as of late, but it looks like things are getting better! :smileyhappy:

carenganda21

[ Edited ]

just a question...? Why not just send it to oklady and surprise her? SB can post the tracking number whenever she fix her computer issues... I thought SB fixed her computer problem ever since because she was able to comment on some other threads this past few weeks... Hoping the box will get moving again soon... 

daisies121

[ Edited ]

I've been thinking the same thing :smileysad:

ireneh

Any updates yet? It's been a month...

oklady2013

Nope.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 545 replies
  • 868 hearts
  • 38 in conversation
    • eadelaide1
    • daisies121
    • DTalksAll
    • killahbabe
    • spoiledbrat