Mariahk83

Anyone interested in another traveling box?!

[ Edited ]

BOX IS FULL, LIST IS CLOSED!

I'm moving out of state mid-Jan and really would like to unload my entire makeup talk.com swap list so I don't have to take it/pack it!  I'd prefer to start the box due to that - would any one be interested in getting another traveling box going!  

posting the rules (if agreed to) from another swap box:

This box is open for US shipping only. The shipping becomes more expensive for Canada, and takes longer due to border checks.

1. Pick Your Number (first to a number gets it)
2. Start collecting your beauty goodies
3. Read through the Rules below to know what is allowed & what is not

Allowed:
☆ High-End products and items you got from subscription boxes (please keep drugstore items to a minimum- MAX of 2 drugstore items per person) a few samples are ok too.
☆ All opened items must be labeled ("swatched", "opened", "tried/used"…)
☆ Fragrance if it's in a spray bottle (can be 1/2 used too) & must be wrapped
☆ Nail polish must be tightly closed & bubble wrapped or in a box
☆ Makeup as long as you've cleaned it with alcohol & it doesn't have big fingerprint marks/dents in it
☆ Mascara if it's sealed/ brand new never used
☆ Tools/Brushes/Cases/Bags/Empty Jars as long as they are clean
☆ Anything that is sealed
☆ Skin care items in tubes & bottles Jars only allowed if it's sealed or unopened
☆ Items will be organized in bags by type. Make sure products are wrapped well so they won't leak or break & ruin everything else
☆ Keep non beauty related items to a minimum (please do not overload the box with makeup bags, cases, etc).
☆ every item needs to be inside a plastic bag/ziplock

Not Allowed:
☹ Pre-made samples
☹ Taking more than you put in. Keep the Value of items equal
☹ Heavily used items (except for perfume)
☹ Swatching items in the box
☹ Keeping the box for more than 3 days. (USPS does home pickup, so no EXCUSES! ) If you are traveling or something comes up, please let us know ASAP so we can move you on the list.

Rules
-don't keep the box for more than a few days (ALSO YOU MUST INCLUDE A TRACKING NUMBER it makes it more fun anticipating your turn)
-don't put in anything unsanitary
-send your address to the person above you
-replace what you took with something as nice or nicer
-minimal drugstore items (2 or so per person)
-don't take all of one kind of item, for example, if there are 3 of one perfume, take only 1 so that others will have a chance to try them
-post in a picture and/or text what you took and left (picture AND written description preferred)
-package things carefully and put things in ziplock bags
-have fun, try some things you haven't tried before
-if you think there is a need for more rules, post a reply to this

☆ NO RESERVE ☆
☆ No Swatching items from the box ☆

UNLESS sealed NO:
NOTHING THAT CAN'T BE CLEANED or SANITIZED

1. mariahk83  - 9405 5036 9930 0189 9842 13

2. spacesuit - 9505 5000 1293 4008 0002 32 shipped 1/8

3. killahbabe - 9405509699938116448976 shipped 1/13

4. tigrelili - 9405509699939597212063 shipped 1/22

5. ireneh - 9405509699937299742086 shipped 2/04

6. dasies121 - 9405903699300121845464 shipped 2/08

7. edalaide1 - 9405909699937325250231 shipped 2/13

8. yazmin -9114901159815764939820 shipped 2/20

9. kraezilyunique - 9405903699300130522837 2/24

10. mychoi - 9114901189866921270639 2/28

11. spoiledbrat - mailed and rec'd by OKLady

12. oklady2013

13. carenganda21 - items sent and rec'd separately.

14. kimchikween

15. lizie 

16. person11

17. desertrose0706

I'll gladly donate any unwanted items once the box makes it back to me, if anyone knows of a good place to do so in the San Antonio area, let me know (i'll be too new to the area to know much!!)

PLEASE PM THE PERSON PRIOR TO YOU WITH YOUR NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS!

H216

Re: Anyone interested in another traveling box?!

(0) Hearts

Thanks oklady2013! I'll look for it in the summer when I'm more likely to qualify and it will be easier to ship. I just had a baby in Jan so pretty home bound for the next month or so. I'm also relatively new to BT but have been spending a lot (too much) time on here. I still need to establish myself from what I've seen about the boxes. They are a great idea for sure!

H216

I'm not participating in the box but these boxes are a great idea! So often we buy 'sets' or 'kits' where we just will never use one shade of a lippie or one cream and this is a great way to distribut the wealth And also give those beauties a chance to be used! 

Maybe be this has already been done, but what about a deluxe sample box? I know a lot of times we get deluxe samples but then find we never use them. Maybe it's already been done or those items just get included in these boxes either as regular items or sample, but just wanted to throw it out there. Especially after reading so many complaints about people missing on a sample they really wanted.

Mariahk83

(0) Hearts

these boxes tend to include everything from foils to full size!  Some items can be lightly used (this is the discretion of the box starter) so long as they're sanitized.  But they're truly a great way to share unloved products and hopefully get some things in return you'd want/use!

mychoi

Btw mariah did you get your styling cream package that I sent independently?

Mariahk83

Yes!  It just came in the mail yesterday!  Thank you SOOOOOOO much!  I can't wait to try it out :smileyhappy:

spoiledbrat

The box is here!  mychoi did the MOST amazing job of packing this box!  She is a genius!  Lots of wonderful things to pick from............fun!  Thank you.

mychoi

AND! may i add i didn't even need to sit on it! ^^

oklady2013

Wooo! Brat has the box. Brat I hope you enjoy your goodies.

Mariahk83

Box shows delivered today to Brat!

carenganda21

I am getting so excited...! I see a lot of great products in the box... =) 

mychoi

on its way to brat since 3:30 pm today

mychoi

image.jpgthis is my final putting in picture. 

My taking out picture stays the same.  

These two items I felt uncomfortable putting back in because the tear off tabs are dangerously bent. there is a homeless shelter that sends out people to collect donations every day in front of my grocery store. ill ask them where they're from and research them to see if they would be interested in these and the rest of the items below. 

image.jpgPacking now!

oklady2013

Mychoi, I don't see anything in the large items you want to leave out that are calling my name. It sounds like Maraih wants Ojon & perfume. I hope that white tipped brush and L'Occtaine sample make it to me but if they don't it's ok.

I hope you enjoy your new finds.

mychoi

i forgot to respond to this! oklady, the white tipped brush is actually a sponge!

mychoi

I'm interested in taking:

image.jpgNot pictured in here is an issey miyake fragrance sample from ze babez!

im not sure what exactly could fit but judging by how much of the big items below could be taken out, I could add more things than this below! So please please put in your two cents on what you wouldn't mind being left out of the box So I could put in another goodie or so!

image.jpgAlso, brat! Is there anything you would like to see? You've done so much for other tsb's and have been pretty unlucky in some of them so I want to add in something you would like if i have it! 

mychoi

Hi everyone. Paper done and dinner ate.

first of all, kraezilyunique did an amazing job packing. however, I'm going to see if there's interest in these big items before putting them back in the box.

image.jpglmk if you have any interest in them soon because tomorrow I'm going to have to go buy tape and pack up the box in only about two hours (I don't think that's a lot of time lol) the ones that don't have any interest will be last priority into the box and will either be sent back to mariah or donated (whichever choice she want). You guys were all so generous!!!

daisies121

[ Edited ]

Desertrose0706 had mentioned that she might want the Spongeable.

mychoi

thanks for relaying that :smileyhappy: i'll pm her because the box is already taped up

Mariahk83

(0) Hearts

What's the bottl of perfume at the bottom?? And the ojon?

Mariahk83

(0) Hearts

Other than those two (maybe?) Not opposed to the rest being donated or whatever your heart desires to do with them! 

Mariahk83

(0) Hearts

Ok figured both out!  I may be interested in the ojon if no one else down the line wants it, the rest if anyone else wants add it, otherwise its yours to do what you please!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 562 replies
  • 880 hearts
  • 41 in conversation
    • eadelaide1
    • daisies121
    • DTalksAll
    • killahbabe
    • spoiledbrat
    • jojobe