AngieND

Any suggestions for how I should do my make-up for grad? (I've never done this before!)

Hi! I am going to be wearing this dress to grad:

Le Chateau dress + hat.PNG

I'm wondering how I should do my make-up for this event.

I don't really wear make-up usually, so I'm not that skilled, but I really want to look good for this event.

I'm thinking something flirty but not super overstated.

Thank you for helping!

(P.S. I'm asian, so my skin is slightly darker than the model's, and I think I have warm tones, because my veins are green. Again, thank you for your help!)

cherrybombtastic

Re: Any suggestions for how I should do my make-up for grad? (I've never done this before!)

(0) Hearts

I agree on trying a bold lip. When I looked back on my graduation photos, my whole face was natural except for my red lips which stayed put. I don't wear bold makeup either or even bronzy "natural" makeup, so I looked polished and myself. I would try Estee Lauder's lipstick in red wine or one of Shiseido's rouge lacquers. I like nocturne. I hope this helps and good luck!

laurabt

Re: Any suggestions for how I should do my make-up for grad? (I've never done this before!)

[ Edited ]

Hi AngieND- cute dress!  If you're not used to applying & wearing makeup regularly, I would keep it simple and classy with black eye liner and red lips.  The black & white palette of the dress is the perfect canvas for a bright red lip, and it's festive for a special occasion!  I recommend a long wearing formula so you don't have to worry about it smudging or reapplying.  And congratulations!  :smileyhappy: -Laura

Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge, 8 Iconic Red

MUFE Aqua Rouge.jpg
http://bit.ly/15wvG1k

Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick, Outlaw - brick red

KVD Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick.jpg

http://bit.ly/ZzDtuK

mafan

(0) Hearts

That's a great dress!

If you're not that experienced, I expect you don't wear makeup that often. If true, you probably want something that makes you look more polished but not totally different from being you. 

For your skin, do you have redness or blemishes that bother you? I'm thinking a tinted moisturizer or BB cream might work and be easier to apply well than foundation if you don't usually wear it. For your eyes, start with mascara. I wouldn't go nuts with dark eyeliner, maybe a brown liner and neutral shadow, if you want more than mascara for your eyes. The bright lip color is great in the picture. I don't know if it suits your look, but you might want to think of that option. Just make sure you feel comfortable with whatever you wear as your comfort will influence how you look as much as your makeup does. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • mafan
    • laurabt
    • AngieND
Photos3
  • Le Chateau dress + hat.PNG
  • MUFE Aqua Rouge.jpg
  • KVD Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick.jpg