And, It's Gone

I just got my Sun Safety Kit in the mail today and thought it is nicer than I imagined.  My sister would love one.  Well, I guess she will never know I planned to get her one, now will she!  If you're still looking for one, call your local stores before they're gone until next year.

Re: And, It's Gone

My husband and I make bath bombs and sell some other items in our store (a legit store and business that we worked hard at starting ) . I would so donate as many bath Bo,bs as they would let me if they donated a % of it to LCH or any cancer or disease research. 

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I think that could be a win/win for you.  If people liked the sample, your name could get out there in the long run.  In the short run, you are helping a cause close to your heart.  You should contact Sephora to see if you can make that happen.  Good luck.

Oh My...

Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 11.08.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 11.08.59 PM.png

:smileysad:

(0) Hearts

And, the vultures descend.  I always love when they do this, and Sephora suddenly returns the product the stock.  That happened with the Glitz and Glam Bag recently.   It is a LONG shot, but it could happen here.

santana.gifI'm speechless.....

I love Santana.  She always sums up situations like this so nicely.

(0) Hearts

Oh my gosh! :smileysad: That's ridiculous!

its available again - prolly not for long though.

http://www.sephora.com/sun-safety-kit-P386667?skuId=1608371

(0) Hearts

Of Course it would go back in stock the one night of the week I left the house.  I was on BT every other night and probably would have seen this.

went out of stock in 5 minutes!

Someone probably did inventory and was like look we have 2 more over here.

[ Edited ]

I think that you are right! I am glad that Sephora tries to be careful and make sure that they have the inventory first. I've placed a few orders where the item goes out of stock (or permanently out of stock) immediately after I submit the order, but my item eventually ships. It would be devastating to get your confirmation email, and then another email that the item won't ship. 

(0) Hearts

That has actually happened to a few people where they get an email after their order is placed stating their order is permanently out of stock.  Even the inventory people have bad days.  For the most part though, I think they do a good job.

Zero hesitation, ordered! Yay thank you! 

(0) Hearts

Woohoo, hope you love it!

Way to go.  Excellent snagging!

I really wish there was a way Sephora could catch these people selling the Sun Safety Kits (among other sets) online.

I understand some are trying to make ends meet, but for every one that is doing it for that, there are 5 more that are doing it for greed.

The only extra money from these sets should be going to the research/prevention of skin cancer.

I had the most sweetest Sephora employee (Leah) on Union St in San Francisco help me get one for my friend.

I can understand buying a few for yourself, friends and family, but definitely not to turn around and charge $60 on eBay for it.

That seems so despicable and dishonorable.

Hopefully everybody that really wanted one was able to get it through Sephora.

Despicable me!

Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 8.13.58 PM.png

Change lines to "She's gonna hold her breath until she gets a Sun Safety Kit"  :smileywink:

(0) Hearts

Resellers drive me crazy also. I understand people need to make a living but to buy up a lot or ( all in some cases) of a promotional product or product onsale IMO is wrong.  It's not like all of us couldn't use a little extra money, Gosh knows I could but there is no way I could earn it by taking happiness from others and I know for a fact that something as small as a beauty item at a good price can bring happiness to someone.  Its just wrong no matter how you look at it. Oh hey I'm going to buy the last of xyz and then charge double even though I've already bought one for myself. uh no!! and no!! I find it especially wrong when people do it with products that they KNOW is limited and not a lot put out.  It's like taking a cookie from a toddler. shaking my head.

May they get stuck with the product and have to return it to the retail store and then get banned for returning to many products. Opps that's bad of me to think

The resellers that snap up all of the good promo codes (like the VIB bags with deluxe samples, the meteorites, mini perfumes, etc.) drive me especially crazy because promos aren't meant for resale. 

I hear that the resellers went crazy on Disney Frozen merchandise, too. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 8.13.58 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 11.08.45 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 11.08.59 PM.png
  • santana.gif