Mariahk83

A girl can wish, right?

Sephora, please please please come up with a Sephora Favorites Foundation set!  Even if they were smaller deluxe size samples, I still want it!  I have yet to find my HG foundation and am so tired of going in asking for samples! 

Please???

oklady2013

Re: A girl can wish, right?

Mariah I love this idea but I'm so fair skinned it probably wouldn't work for me. Those lits always seem to be medium or medium light shades. Both are too dark for me. But as you say a girl can wish for a fair kit too.

Mariahk83

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

i'm not sure the color range would work for everyone, but as someone else mentioned it may be of use even to those that the colors don't match to gauge if that particular foundation even works for them....but then you run into the issue of not having a color match if you find a formula you love

ry22

I love it :smileyhappy: Sephora could do it especially to promote the Color IQ thing-y too

snowshoe

[ Edited ]

I like the idea.  But with a foundation favorites, I'd be more focused on it helping me find a good foundation formula, and not so much the perfect color. While getting a hit on the shade would be a bonus, I realize it wouldn't be realistic as there's too many shades of skin out there for Sephora to try to match.  Let me find the winning formula and get an estimate on the color, then I can fine tune the color selection in person.

Mariahk83

YES!  kind of what i was thinking- then again it may not work well for some people 

Spoiler
with hard to match skin tone!  they could find their HG and not have a color match :/
Spoiler

Mariahk83

ugh, no idea where those spoilers came from!

BrennaBombshell

Or maybe a "Build your base" kit. Foundation, Concealer, setting powder, highlighter, contour and blush? 

IAmLadyLiterary

Yes Please!  I agree that there needs to be like 6-7 different kits though, porcelain, fair, light, light-medium, medium, medium tan, dark.  Because I find it sooooo difficult to find foundation for fair and porcelain skin.  They also need to do this with concealer!  

Mariahk83

did they do it yet?! hah

killahbabe

Sephora,

DO IT!

anb0906

Oh my gosh! I love this!!!!

fair, light, light/medium, medium, tan, olive, medium dark, dark

Whoa, as I typed that ^ I realized that's a lot of colors just using the basics.

I still think they'd sell like crazy even though they would have to carry such a range of shades.

ShinyMagpie

I think it should be a permanent feature at the stores and not a temporary special thing. It is so hard to find the right foundation and our skin changes from season to season. What might be HG for summer is probably not going to be HG for winter. 

Imagine being able to go in and pick six different light shades in different brands, or medium, or dark for a set price. Then perhaps the light is good in one brand but you need medium in another and so on.

You could keep going in and paying the bag price and sample away until you found your HG foundation. 

It should be a permanent thing in my opinion. 

tracygirl64

That would be great! It would probably be a major challenge for them, though, because they would need to release them in several different shade ranges. Maybe they could look at their most common color IQ results, and make them for the top fair/light/medium/tan/deep shades? That would be so cool! :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

100% agreed! I'm utterly clueless when it comes to foundations, and sometimes the lighting in the store is terrible. I suppose I can get a variety of foundations from promos/sample packets etc, but they are usually the same thing (Benefit Hello Flawless, and BareMinerals eeeevery year, and there's the summer of Hourglass.....what about Dior? Guerlain? Clinique? etc)

kimchikween

Ditto!  I go to the department store beauty counters to get my samples (they are often pre-made esp. for new ones that come out), but I would much rather go to one place and find all of them.

MK89

Yes please, yes please!! I am looking for a new foundation and there are just an overwhelming number of choices. If they ever go through with this, I really hope they'd come up with a wide variety of shades for it. I hate sets that include one or a very small number of shades for everyone, it's just not reasonable.

MDinMD

I love Sephora Favorites sets! I've purchased the mascara and fragrance sets. It's a great deal and I get to try everything that is comparable to each other before I purchase full sizes. I think the only problem with foundation sets would be the shades! There are way too many shades and out of a set, you'll probably end up matching with 1 or 2. But a girl can wish!!

DesertRose0706

i think they could generalize it, by doing a "Light" category, a "Medium" , a "Deep" category and so on.  So maybe we could pick 5 out of 10 available "Light" color foundations or 5 "Medium".  I think there are ways to work around the shade issue.

Titian06

Add an "Extra Light" category and I'm on board!

Just make sure there's a mix of undertones.

ShinyMagpie

I would love that. I would love it if it was a pick and choose type of thing. Like that skincare special thing that had at JCP Sephora where you could pick a certain number of skincare items to go in the bag for a set price except this would be foundation samples.

It would be good if the sample sizes were deluxe sample size like the Tarte primer samples. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 74 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • tracygirl64
    • ry22
    • ChicDabbler
    • Mariahk83
    • DesertRose0706