Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

A Message to our Clients about Epic Rewards

Sephora is committed to offering our valued Beauty Insiders exceptional rewards to thank them for their loyalty and for being part of our community.  Yesterday we held an Epic Rewards promotion, and while we have held similar promotions in the past, yesterday’s promotion was the largest number of Epic Rewards we have made available to date.

Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly. We deeply regret this and apologize to our Beauty Insider clients who did not get a chance to participate.  

At Sephora our first and foremost priority is to give our clients an exciting and fulfilling shopping experience.  Those Beauty Insiders who were unable to get one of our limited quantity Epic Rewards, please email us by Tuesday, August 25, 2015, to epicrewards@sephora.com and include your Beauty Insider account number or email address associated with your account. 

Beyond that, please know that we are committed to learning from this experience. Thank you for your ongoing support. We greatly appreciate you.

Sephora is committed to offering our valued Beauty Insiders exceptional rewards to thank them for their loyalty and for being part of our community.  Yesterday we held an Epic Rewards promotion, and while we have held similar promotions in the past, yesterday’s promotion was the largest number of Epic Rewards we have made available to date.

Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly. We deeply regret this and apologize to our Beauty Insider clients who did not get a chance to participate.  

At Sephora our first and foremost priority is to give our clients an exciting and fulfilling shopping experience.  Those Beauty Insiders who were unable to get one of our limited quantity Epic Rewards, please email us by Tuesday, August 25, 2015, to epicrewards@sephora.com and include your Beauty Insider account number or email address associated with your account. 

Beyond that, please know that we are committed to learning from this experience. Thank you for your ongoing support. We greatly appreciate you.

Updated August 17

Thank you to everyone who has been reaching out to us about Epic Rewards. We value your feedback and recognize your ongoing loyalty to us, and we are working to get back to you quickly.

To that end, please know that if you have contacted us you will hear back from us in direct response to your inquiry during the period between Tuesday, August 25th through Tuesday, September 1st. The timing of the response to you will depend on when we received your initial contact regarding Epic Rewards.

If you haven’t contacted us yet, please email us at epicrewards@sephora.com. We’ve set up this dedicated mailbox to collect the right information quickly and accurately, separating you from the queue for general Sephora inquiries. When you email us at this address, it will generate an automated response that confirms we’ve received the message. You can then expect to hear back from us as quickly as possible with more information.

Please know that our team is listening, and we take your concerns to heart. We value your support, and we will be in touch soon.

With our sincerest thanks,

The Beauty Insider Team

Updated September 1

Thank you to everyone who reached out to us about Epic Rewards. We have reached out to all of those members who emailed us on or before August 25th, and are no longer accepting new submissions. epicrewards@sephora.com has been closed. Please contact us at 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672) regarding any other questions or concerns. We have reviewed your feedback and are taking it into consideration as we plan for future promotions. Our loyal Beauty Insiders are enormously important to us.

Re: A Message to our Clients about Epic Rewards

Exactly. Shut down this thread. It's over. Get over it. There are bigger issues to get your panties in a bunch over. At this point, Sephora will have to send individual hand-holders to everyone next year to make sure they

A. Have a calendar

B. know what business hours means

C. Know what PST means and

D. Have a dictionary on hand so they can understand what extremely limited means. 

Over it. 

image.jpg

PREACH IT Pixie!

Nordstrom doesn't have these type of rewards, but for their clearance sale, double points, triple points they have a page that lists the days it will be on so everyone can plan for it 🙂

I need to take a closer look at Nordstrom.  Thanks for the heads up on this.

OMFG.....you're killing me. 

I love you.

Are these 'Happy Hour' I love you's?????

You've have a lot of love to give lately and well, I love it! 🙂

Nancie, I am a lover not a fighter.

Well with a smile like that I can only assume you 1 are a lover or 2 have an awesome cosmetic dentist to fix you up after a fight.

Nancie,

The first rule of Fight Club.....

Lol sorry but yes. They were posted at ~3pm est 8/10 and sold out in under 2 minutes. There are about 30 threads of people raging since then, and it has become bad PR for Sephora having been picked up by at least eonline.

I am disappointed in a company that I believed in. I have had Rouge Status for as long as it has been available and that status extends to December 2016. My daughter and I love to shop in our local store and we don't do it for points. We like and trust the people who work there, but now I am unsure of the company for whom they work.  Did you intentionally set us up for failure?

I am rooting for every eBay seller who has put rewards out for sale.

- They are smart.  I like smart.  $100 is much better than 10 useless mascaras.

- Others who really want it can now buy it without staying up all night and clicking

think Sephora has addressed some of these in fb comments, but they seem to be saying that they don't condone reselling.  But.... I think under recent US supreme court rulings, companies can't prohibit ppl from reselling physical merchandise. Once you sell something, you don't own any rights to it.  There are other cases that talk about how you can't resell electronic media (itunes songs for example), but otherwise.... Even with "terms and conditions," it just says:

Reward has no cash value and cannot be exchanged, sold or returned.

Which doesn't necessarily prohibit reselling or put some duty to not resell.... 

I dunno... The more people nitpick about the law or terms, the more people appear to be purely bitter and unreasonable. 

There is the contract and then their is the law.  You can usually contract for most anything (that isn't blatantly illegal) even if it isn't standard law.  So if the terms were that you can't resell then you can't resell.

And eBay is super tough if a company wants to shut down reselling (I'm looking at you Urban Decay).  They basically shut down sales if a company complains.  So, given that these items are being posted as part of the Sephora Epic Perks and reselling is against those perk terms, my guess is Sephora (with all of their lawyers) could easily get those listings pulled.

But I see the terms as you list above as tricky...the "reward" can't be sold.  Is that the actual merchandise or the perks?

So, my guess, is that Sephora could have the resellers listings pulled as their name is being used and the terms might be restrictive (eBay doesn't need a full reason....again...I'm looking at you Urban Decay...and with respect).

But then comes the...then what.  It's really more about pulling the eBay listing.  Who is really going to spend money to fight this issue out in court...especially if past rulings make it tough to restrict resale of merchandise owned by those who will say they got in good faith.

Ok, why am I back on this thread again!!!

Ahh but they didn't sell it, it's a conditional gift like an engagement ring.

We need Judge Judy! She knows all about that stuff. Judy?! Are you out there lurking?

hi i'm judy! 😛

Sale, as opposed to a gift, is a type of contract. It doesn't have to involve money. Sephora was selling the rewards for 1000 points. Ppl were having 1000 points deducted and received the goods.  Of course there are probs complications with the fact Sephora alleging that points have no money value, but that doesn't really affect the analysis here, probs.  There was offer, acceptance, and consideration. It is a sale of goods. lol 

But even if it wasn't.... Sephora is saying that the person getting the rewards can't return or exchange it at Sephora? So doesn't sound like they kept any control or rights over the items. 

[disclaimer: don't take my word for it. I am not representing anyone, and am not making legal determinations lol.]

I have to agree. I know all those sad about missing the rewards are sad about resellers but *come on!* It is a money making opportunity for those who were meh on the rewards but sick of hoarding points.

I mean, obviously they can't sell the trips lol.

1,311 Replies
testing