Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

A Message to our Clients about Epic Rewards

Sephora is committed to offering our valued Beauty Insiders exceptional rewards to thank them for their loyalty and for being part of our community.  Yesterday we held an Epic Rewards promotion, and while we have held similar promotions in the past, yesterday’s promotion was the largest number of Epic Rewards we have made available to date.

Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly. We deeply regret this and apologize to our Beauty Insider clients who did not get a chance to participate.  

At Sephora our first and foremost priority is to give our clients an exciting and fulfilling shopping experience.  Those Beauty Insiders who were unable to get one of our limited quantity Epic Rewards, please email us by Tuesday, August 25, 2015, to epicrewards@sephora.com and include your Beauty Insider account number or email address associated with your account. 

Beyond that, please know that we are committed to learning from this experience. Thank you for your ongoing support. We greatly appreciate you.

Sephora is committed to offering our valued Beauty Insiders exceptional rewards to thank them for their loyalty and for being part of our community.  Yesterday we held an Epic Rewards promotion, and while we have held similar promotions in the past, yesterday’s promotion was the largest number of Epic Rewards we have made available to date.

Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly. We deeply regret this and apologize to our Beauty Insider clients who did not get a chance to participate.  

At Sephora our first and foremost priority is to give our clients an exciting and fulfilling shopping experience.  Those Beauty Insiders who were unable to get one of our limited quantity Epic Rewards, please email us by Tuesday, August 25, 2015, to epicrewards@sephora.com and include your Beauty Insider account number or email address associated with your account. 

Beyond that, please know that we are committed to learning from this experience. Thank you for your ongoing support. We greatly appreciate you.

Updated August 17

Thank you to everyone who has been reaching out to us about Epic Rewards. We value your feedback and recognize your ongoing loyalty to us, and we are working to get back to you quickly.

To that end, please know that if you have contacted us you will hear back from us in direct response to your inquiry during the period between Tuesday, August 25th through Tuesday, September 1st. The timing of the response to you will depend on when we received your initial contact regarding Epic Rewards.

If you haven’t contacted us yet, please email us at epicrewards@sephora.com. We’ve set up this dedicated mailbox to collect the right information quickly and accurately, separating you from the queue for general Sephora inquiries. When you email us at this address, it will generate an automated response that confirms we’ve received the message. You can then expect to hear back from us as quickly as possible with more information.

Please know that our team is listening, and we take your concerns to heart. We value your support, and we will be in touch soon.

With our sincerest thanks,

The Beauty Insider Team

Updated September 1

Thank you to everyone who reached out to us about Epic Rewards. We have reached out to all of those members who emailed us on or before August 25th, and are no longer accepting new submissions. epicrewards@sephora.com has been closed. Please contact us at 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672) regarding any other questions or concerns. We have reviewed your feedback and are taking it into consideration as we plan for future promotions. Our loyal Beauty Insiders are enormously important to us.

Anonymous Insider

Re: A Message to our Clients about Epic Rewards

Mine is 3f2v, so it looks like they're different codes.

Wow.  Can't say I'm surprised...

It really was a matter of time. LOL

I'm confused on how the winning bidder will use this.  It says right in the email that the code has to be used by the receiver and their email address.  I have received a code similar to this in the past, I was asked what my email address was and they sent it.  The email address I had them send it to is not the same as my account.  My order was immediately cancelled.   Sephora should buy this code back, receive the sellers info and ban them immediately. 

AGREED!!!!

So I asked the seller Ms. Emily Glick exactly how one would use the code.  Here is her response:  i wasn't sure how the code worked and if it didn't work with the winner of the action using the code themselves then i would purchase the exact times for the person who won.

What?!?!?  Not the smartest cookie is all I can say.

So this "lady" had over a thousand points accumulated & most likely was at least a VIB and she needed to sell her $50 code for less than it's worth???  I try not to be harsh, but totally a dirtbag move.  Although it was EXTREMELY GENEROUS of Sephora to give the codes, let's face it, for an average VIB or Rouge it's pretty easy to burn $50 at Sephora.  She couldn't just have fun with it like the rest of us?  Believe me, I know what it's like to be broke (Thankfully back in the day)...I'm not discounting some people needing money desperately, yet to get the minimum points required she would have had to spend a couple hundred at least along the way.  Considering most casual shoppers don't know to hoard their points, I'm saying she spent more than that.  So basically she just wanted to feel like she got over.  Sephora must factor in a percentage of abuse and it doesn't overtly affect my life, nonetheless I hope her lowlife move gets caught & this forty something dollars buys her a lifetime ban.  Even if her scheming mind will post likely find a way around a ban, at least it will make it a little tougher to scam the next time.

Cheers to all my fellow Sephoraites that do the right thing & share the black & white striped love 🙂

Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hahahahahahahah!  

Anonymous Insider

Between this and the rewards being sold at ebay, I'm really fuming. I just want resellers and this (I frankly don't know how to call this kind of people - I'm outta words) that abuse the system gone. I feel they're truly damaging us, honest customers.

The worst part is they're among us. Who's who?

do_you_see_whats_wrong_with_this_picture_640_21.jpg 

I love a funny story, but I don't really understand why you are letting this affect you in such a negative way???

Do you! 

I really think those that missed the day because they were mad, upset or boycotting Sephora kind of had it coming. I mean this was obviously a big mistake, and it upset people, which it rightly should have, but I mean how long did it take for people to leave? Like a day?? Sephora was pretty quick about coming out about this, and maybe showing some patience and understanding would have served you better. Things happen, people and companies make mistakes, no one can predict the future. They did a great job of saying sorry, and they did reach out to those willing to hear. And who knows, they solved this, maybe they will solve the epic rewards, or change rewards to cash value? The point is that it takes more than a day for a major corporation to make a move and exercising some patience and waiting for them to react will be worth it in the long run, I mean look at how generous they were! $50 to everyone that emails? I think you are silly if you think every company would do that. So please, I implore you to wait a while, ride it out and not try to burn Sephora before they even get a solid chance.  

I agree with you...however at the same time I'm sooooo sick of people threatening to shop somewhere else.  Like "I didn't care enough to contact Sephora about Epic Rewards, but they should have contacted me with the info on exactly how to complain & since they didn't & now others got free stuff & I didn't, so I'm going to start shopping at Ulta.". I think if anybody is so unhappy with Sephora or think they get so much more at other places, they should just go shop at those other places.  Why do they have to announce it here & social media multiple times???  It's like a needy girlfriend texting her boyfriend "I'm mad at you, so I'm not talking to you."

I just started on these boards yesterday, however I am deeply in love with Sephora.  I'm so sick of hearing people's negativity regarding my Happy Place.  I personally think that Sephora, although at times has missteps, by in large does things a thousand times better than ANY of their competition.  I personally also think Ulta is akin to a cesspool on the third ring of hell...yet I wouldn't go on their site or their FB and keep spewing bad things or how much better Sephora is.  If a small fraction of dollars off or a couple extra foil samples in store does it for you (and with the way I shop for products in my case it would be a decent amount of dollars), go to your special place.  For me, a great easy to navigate, reliable website, fantastic in store envirement & the most amazing products guarantees me being a #Rouge4life

Exactly, I completely agree!

I appreciate Sephora stepping up to offer something like this.  They really made an effort to compensate people and that is above and beyond.

At the same time, realistically, since this happened I do find myself shopping less at Sephora.  Honestly, the points were a big part of why I centralized buying most of my stuff at Sephora.  Now that I know the points are essentially worth nothing (unless I want, like, 10,000 tiny mascara samples), I have less motivation to shop there.

I'm happy and grateful that Sephora really did make a real effort to compensate people for their frustration.  That is great.  At the same time, I really do hope Sephora still revamps their reward program to make the rewards actually accessible to people, because honestly the rewards program is a big reason I used to do all my shopping there.  And I don't think I'm alone in this.

You are absolutely not alone in this. I feel the same way - I spent most of my discretionary funds at Sephora because I wanted to accrue points here. Instead of buying direct from the brand, or at beauty dot com, or Macys or Nordstrom, I chose Sephora because I was invested in the rewards system here.

However, since I first started shopping here I've also opened up a Nordstrom card, and I have started exploring Ulta. I'm finding that the rewards program at Ulta is much, much more rewarding to me, personally. So that greatly factors into my decision as to where to buy something.

I really do enjoy Sephora - I just really hope they revamp their rewards program to make it more competitive - and offer more value to us as shoppers. 

Ughhhhh I didn't see this until today as I've pretty much been boycotting Sephora ever since. I wonder if they will honour it if I email them today....

I spent money the week before just to rack my points up and nothing 😞

Since it was put on various social media sites, I doubt they will. From what I have read the email address is already shut down.

That makes sense to avoid any confusion.  

I agree. The fact that sephora did this was very generous on their part. And I think that people as a whole won't try and take advantage of it, knowing how it was handled, but there are always a few bad apples. Kinda like the people that ruined things and then returned them. I am not saying that about the OP by any means, but it was very widley communicated that if you had a concern then to email them.

"The timing of the response to you will depend on when we received your initial contact regarding Epic Rewards."

LIES. LIES. LIES.

I thought my feedback mattered but you're not even reading the emails people sent. You're just checking their accounts and sending in batches. If I stop defending Sephora's honor...or on the flip side if I don't berate them on social media, that makes me another nameless face.

I'm sick of being unimportant. I'm off to be awesome somewhere else.

Bye, Sephora. When you get it, give Felicia my promo on my behalf. And have a great day.

give Felicia my promo lol I sent an e-mail about 10 minutes after that e-mail went live on this board, and I still haven't received anything. You would think they would go in order as the e-mails arrived. 

testing