Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

A Message to our Clients about Epic Rewards

Sephora is committed to offering our valued Beauty Insiders exceptional rewards to thank them for their loyalty and for being part of our community.  Yesterday we held an Epic Rewards promotion, and while we have held similar promotions in the past, yesterday’s promotion was the largest number of Epic Rewards we have made available to date.

Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly. We deeply regret this and apologize to our Beauty Insider clients who did not get a chance to participate.  

At Sephora our first and foremost priority is to give our clients an exciting and fulfilling shopping experience.  Those Beauty Insiders who were unable to get one of our limited quantity Epic Rewards, please email us by Tuesday, August 25, 2015, to epicrewards@sephora.com and include your Beauty Insider account number or email address associated with your account. 

Beyond that, please know that we are committed to learning from this experience. Thank you for your ongoing support. We greatly appreciate you.

Sephora is committed to offering our valued Beauty Insiders exceptional rewards to thank them for their loyalty and for being part of our community.  Yesterday we held an Epic Rewards promotion, and while we have held similar promotions in the past, yesterday’s promotion was the largest number of Epic Rewards we have made available to date.

Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly. We deeply regret this and apologize to our Beauty Insider clients who did not get a chance to participate.  

At Sephora our first and foremost priority is to give our clients an exciting and fulfilling shopping experience.  Those Beauty Insiders who were unable to get one of our limited quantity Epic Rewards, please email us by Tuesday, August 25, 2015, to epicrewards@sephora.com and include your Beauty Insider account number or email address associated with your account. 

Beyond that, please know that we are committed to learning from this experience. Thank you for your ongoing support. We greatly appreciate you.

Updated August 17

Thank you to everyone who has been reaching out to us about Epic Rewards. We value your feedback and recognize your ongoing loyalty to us, and we are working to get back to you quickly.

To that end, please know that if you have contacted us you will hear back from us in direct response to your inquiry during the period between Tuesday, August 25th through Tuesday, September 1st. The timing of the response to you will depend on when we received your initial contact regarding Epic Rewards.

If you haven’t contacted us yet, please email us at epicrewards@sephora.com. We’ve set up this dedicated mailbox to collect the right information quickly and accurately, separating you from the queue for general Sephora inquiries. When you email us at this address, it will generate an automated response that confirms we’ve received the message. You can then expect to hear back from us as quickly as possible with more information.

Please know that our team is listening, and we take your concerns to heart. We value your support, and we will be in touch soon.

With our sincerest thanks,

The Beauty Insider Team

Updated September 1

Thank you to everyone who reached out to us about Epic Rewards. We have reached out to all of those members who emailed us on or before August 25th, and are no longer accepting new submissions. epicrewards@sephora.com has been closed. Please contact us at 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672) regarding any other questions or concerns. We have reviewed your feedback and are taking it into consideration as we plan for future promotions. Our loyal Beauty Insiders are enormously important to us.

Re: A Message to our Clients about Epic Rewards

Do tell.  What's the barneys bag? 

It is an amazing GWP! There are threads on it in this forum if you search Barney's.

Just an FYI, you shouldn't post your private email and phone number. You might want to edit that. 

The frustrating part to me is how comfortable a lot of people are saying, "well what do you expect they said limited quantities." WTF is "limited?" What one person considers limited isn't the same across the board.

Sephora should learn from the companies that have been doing this kind of thing for decades, during Black Friday. Best Buy is the best at this. Under each of the major deals they have fine print and it's so specific like 12 items per store location. By doing this, they cover their bases and when someone complains about not getting the item when they are #13 in line, it's very clear and they can say "as stated in our ad, each store only received 12 items and you were #13 in line." The mess Sephora is in is people are going to them to complain and they're responding with "sorry, we said quantities were limited..." So we get back to the WTF is "limited."

Not only does this save the company from a hot mess PR nightmare, it also gives realistic expectations to the average consumer (I say average because some people have unrealistic expectations always lol). Going back to the Black Friday example, if I read the ad and I go to Best Buy, ready to wait in line for 12 hours, but I arrive and there are already 20 people in line, I now know that the chance of me getting the item is super slim. 

In the Epic Rewards case, if they had said, in fine print, only 5 items available, I bet that would have eliminated the majority of people spending 12 hours refreshing at their computer. The chance wouldn't be worthwhile. 

Also, not stating the time they would be released is just ridiculously. It's like Best Buy saying that they'll open at some point on Black Friday between 4 a.m. and 8 p.m. It's possible to release a time and not have your website crash, it's called putting some MONEY AND BRAINS into the program and hiring people that can set up your servers appropriately. It's all in proper preparation. Notice on Black Friday, stores have prepared for the big event. They have police officers (to help with potential riots or fights), barricades set up, water/snacks for people camping out, plenty of staff on hand, etc. 

I can go on and on, but I won't. My point is that it's possible to have this kind of epic event without it being such a sh*t show. 

I was never upset that I didn't get a reward. I was pissed about wasting my entire day for the *chance* and then the misinformation from Sephora about where they would be located on the site, which caused even more confusion. 

Anonymous Insider

funny

I was just in sephora to return an eyeshadow I bought for the rewards ordeal. I decided it would be the only thing I return but they had to call someone first. That's new. Well she was on hold a good 15 minutes and I gave up and am waiting. Evidently the lines are too backed up. I guess duping people into buying more doesn't work when you can return stuff.

Anonymous Insider

Great example of the points 4x duping me.

normally I buy the lacoste live set from another online retailer (I usually find it on sale at different sites). But because the 4x the points I did sephora. #shouldaknownbetter

It amazes me how many people are so incredibly rude about this whole fiasco.  I agree it's disheartening to look forward to utilizing your saved up points only to not have any kind of chance for any of the epic rewards.  They are rewards, though, not rights.  I  find it incredible how people are acting.  What's even more insulting to me are the rudest of the bunch seem to be getting extra reward points thrown at them in an attempt to quench their anger.   Those of us who are just as upset, but act like adults and don't throw tantrums receive absolutely nothing!  Why do reward bad behavior?  Hopefully Sephora will learn from the latest reward "fail" and make some major adjustments.

Annelschmidt@hotmail.com

Sorry ladies. Calvin did not respond to my tweet. I was really looking forward to dining with him, so I will wait in baited breath to see if he responds tomorrow. If he does, I have my list to ask about greenchilli's job, our friends to the north, and how we can improve the program. Any other suggestions? Shoot them at me, because I know he will reach out to me.

On the bright side, I love that the Italics from the thread body above were removed! I can read it without laughing now.

Anonymous Insider

• My mother, bless her heart named me after that TV show. So I know who killed JR. 

You have to share. That is a bomb to drop and not share. Is it the same person Brat mentioned below?

Oddly enough, I had a 70something year old Economics professor in college who called himself JR.

Ask him where Waldo is, I've been looking for him for years. Maybe if Calvin can find Waldo for me, I can finally forgive Sephora for the past two rewards fiascos.

I can answer that question.  Waldo is in Jamaica right now, on a seekrit mission for me.

I can't say anything more.  Cuz you know, it is seekrit.

Shh. No details on the missions.

Aww snap. Well when he's done with his seekrit mission in Jamaica, tell him to report to me in Miami. I'll be waiting.

Other questions for Calvin:

1. Where is Hobbes?

2. Who killed JR?

3. Will the Cowboys win the Superbowl ever again?

Thank you.

ETA - you see what I did there?  I am a slow learner, but I pick up on the italics.

Sue Ellen's sister Kristen - Orig. Series

Bum Jones at his request - New Series

I forgot about the time Joel Grey aka the Devil made him shoot himself at the end of the orig series ... JR got shot/killed/not killed a bunch of times and the show was on for over a decade.

I want my name to be Bum Jones so badly.

.  Look at what your initials would be.  I'd spell them out but I'm being bleeped a lot these days. 

Very few know your real name, so there is no reason you cannot pass yourself off as such, at least on BT. I shall call you Bum. Once I start calling you that, you can finally get motivated to find a job.

testing