Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

A Message to our Clients about Epic Rewards

Sephora is committed to offering our valued Beauty Insiders exceptional rewards to thank them for their loyalty and for being part of our community.  Yesterday we held an Epic Rewards promotion, and while we have held similar promotions in the past, yesterday’s promotion was the largest number of Epic Rewards we have made available to date.

Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly. We deeply regret this and apologize to our Beauty Insider clients who did not get a chance to participate.  

At Sephora our first and foremost priority is to give our clients an exciting and fulfilling shopping experience.  Those Beauty Insiders who were unable to get one of our limited quantity Epic Rewards, please email us by Tuesday, August 25, 2015, to epicrewards@sephora.com and include your Beauty Insider account number or email address associated with your account. 

Beyond that, please know that we are committed to learning from this experience. Thank you for your ongoing support. We greatly appreciate you.

Sephora is committed to offering our valued Beauty Insiders exceptional rewards to thank them for their loyalty and for being part of our community.  Yesterday we held an Epic Rewards promotion, and while we have held similar promotions in the past, yesterday’s promotion was the largest number of Epic Rewards we have made available to date.

Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly. We deeply regret this and apologize to our Beauty Insider clients who did not get a chance to participate.  

At Sephora our first and foremost priority is to give our clients an exciting and fulfilling shopping experience.  Those Beauty Insiders who were unable to get one of our limited quantity Epic Rewards, please email us by Tuesday, August 25, 2015, to epicrewards@sephora.com and include your Beauty Insider account number or email address associated with your account. 

Beyond that, please know that we are committed to learning from this experience. Thank you for your ongoing support. We greatly appreciate you.

Updated August 17

Thank you to everyone who has been reaching out to us about Epic Rewards. We value your feedback and recognize your ongoing loyalty to us, and we are working to get back to you quickly.

To that end, please know that if you have contacted us you will hear back from us in direct response to your inquiry during the period between Tuesday, August 25th through Tuesday, September 1st. The timing of the response to you will depend on when we received your initial contact regarding Epic Rewards.

If you haven’t contacted us yet, please email us at epicrewards@sephora.com. We’ve set up this dedicated mailbox to collect the right information quickly and accurately, separating you from the queue for general Sephora inquiries. When you email us at this address, it will generate an automated response that confirms we’ve received the message. You can then expect to hear back from us as quickly as possible with more information.

Please know that our team is listening, and we take your concerns to heart. We value your support, and we will be in touch soon.

With our sincerest thanks,

The Beauty Insider Team

Updated September 1

Thank you to everyone who reached out to us about Epic Rewards. We have reached out to all of those members who emailed us on or before August 25th, and are no longer accepting new submissions. epicrewards@sephora.com has been closed. Please contact us at 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672) regarding any other questions or concerns. We have reviewed your feedback and are taking it into consideration as we plan for future promotions. Our loyal Beauty Insiders are enormously important to us.

Re: A Message to our Clients about Epic Rewards

something like that would be great

Exactly. Honestly, that's *exactly* what Sephora should do!

Yeah I gave that one some very special retweet commentary.

If you want to really apologize for the INSULT you caused your VIB/ VIB ROUGE clients, you need to acknowledge that you guys did this completely on purpose. Don't insult us by saying that "Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly."  Own up to the fact that this is a sleazy company. 

Unless.... they didn't do it on purpose. Even if it was a bad choice on their part, it doesn't mean it was on purpose. 

I was just discussing with some people how I find it hard to believe any company grows so large without knowing what they're doing.  Apparently they do all the time.  But then they fail if they don't adapt with the times. 

Where is that video of the Sephora ceo stating that their ideal clients don't want discounts? They want luxury.  We're not your ideal customers- we're your real customers. 

How about discounts on luxury? 😄

There, I just solved your problem Sephora.  You're welcome!

And being in Canada most of the Luxury is OOS in Stores as well as website. After today's hospital visit, I went to Sephora Eaton center to grab a little Luxury and all the luxuries I had in my mind were OOS so I came back without buying anything 😞

On Facebook I kind of internally giggled at a couple of users for asking Sephora if they could exchange their thousands of points for actual products, like UD Smoky or other palettes. I thought that was incredibly dumb and one of those "Are you kidding me?" sorts of questions that Sephora's page usually gets (you've seen them; people tend to ask how they can add things to their cart, get the 250 pt rewards, that sort of thing).

Now I'm thinking, why not? Why not reward users who are obviously incredibly loyal, usually spending at least $1k a year, checking Sephora's store page daily, with things of value that you already have plenty of? Maybe 1k points could net a palette, maybe points could transfer to dollar amounts good for Sephora purchases. It doesn't have to be the entire Benefit collection, or MUFE, but something of value that people want, and will pay for. That seems fair. Points could be redeemed for money off future high-hype products, like Kat Von D's holiday palettes. I don't think you guys would lose too much money, considering nobody goes holiday shopping with Sephora to buy one thing, omg because I typically want like 57 things and wait until the end of the year to nab them.

Just seems more feasible than advertising entire vaults of hyped products only to be let down, and considering how loyal your customers are, how much time goes into shopping, how much money we spend. It's a thought. Granted, I'm not going anywhere else. I'm an addict and I need to go in today to get drybar goodies.

yep! At Ulta 1,000  points is $50 and 2,000 is $125.   

You buy WHATEVER you want whenever you want!

You don't see Ulta going out of business, Do you????

So, yes, Sephora can go cash rewards! 

They already do exactly that ... at Ulta.

Anonymous Insider

"Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly" Oh come on guys, don't insult our intelligence. When you stock so little of every product you are well aware of whats going on. I understand business is business and every business has some type of tactic to lure customers to buy but this was just cruel.

No we aren't entitled to big rewards but to do a "VIB appreciation" or whatever event offering multiple points while advertising these big rewards we can get only for it to be practically impossible to redeem any of these rewards is not cool. You guys baited us.. Had it been a raffle or something of the sort no one would've been mad. You guys should've gave us realistic expectations. There are many different ways this could've been done better; smaller rewards could've been put together in larger quantities or offer some type of discount per tier of rewards (1000 points gets you 10% off, 2000 15%, 5000 20%)

Even those of us who were able to get a reward didn't have it easy, this whole fiasco was WAY too stressful. Staying up all night hitting refresh is not my idea of being rewarded for being a loyal customer. This wasn't fun nor pleasant, this was an epic competition with impossible odds of winning.

And then to make things right you guys offer us more points..Lol the irony! What good are 1000 points that I cannot redeem for anything good? I really dont know how this situation could be made right without leaving a sour taste in many peoples mouths.

I KNOW RIGHT?!??! What a joke. They must think we are stupid. Hopefully they will see the depths of our stupidity as we take out thousands of dollars to Ulta and Nordstroms. Goodbye Sephora. 

Good grief, I am in too deep. I just dreamed that Sephora created a category of mini epic rewards for 500 points, released every Wednesday. And I actually got two of them 😭

Sent an email. Hoping for a response back.

What are they doing once they get our emails?

Anonymous Insider

Rewarding us with 1000 bonus points...................... LOL cool more points we cannot use. What a joke

You know, I thought our complaints from last time would have effectively brought on change. However, apparently the only change that occurred was creating even more chaos. Yes I was happy to see all the information laid out prior to the event and having a date it would be released. Yet you guys took it and ran with it. Advertising the epic rewards in every email coupled with the points multiplier. Having seen and gone thru the various roll outs, tactics, etc sephora has pulled in the past, I knew the rewards would be epically limited in quantity. But that's me and probably the few hundred other Beauty Insiders and Talkers who have complained before. To the general public, I can see how people would think if they had the points, they could realistically get a reward, but that wasn't the case,

Yes sephora, you listened and put out more information. But it wasn't for our benefit, it was for your profit. Some people just had thousands of points from shopping over the years, like myself, and wasn't enticed by the 3-4xs the points. But others were. People spent more than they normally would to get these rewards and got nothing in return. I don't like that. It feels shady. I also feel like our suggestions were used in malice and to boost sales. I know for sure I mentioned having more of each reward and not just releasing the date and time. How does it make any sense to advertise for these rewards when you only have like 100 in total to go around? 

I also want to go on and say although I was apparently beyond lucky to have actually gotten the reward I wanted, the whole process was ridiculous. I don't think I did anything more than the next person to grab this perk than be milliseconds faster at hitting submit.  I truly feel sorry for the people who had it in their cart and couldn't checkout, the people who was able to checkout but the reward was taken out on the confirmation page, and the Canadians that were once again slighted. 

I know to some it may seem like I'm beefing just beef or just talking out my **bleep** cuz I actually got the perk, but I'm not. I geninuely want to see things change and I've always voice my opinion when I feel things aren't going the way it should. I may not agree with all the antics going on to boycott sephora but everyone has a right to voice their opinion.

Glad you were able to get what you wanted! 🙂

You're very patient. I'm not going to wait years to get a reward I want.

There was loads of stress through the entire situation, regardless of whether someone got one or not. Congrats on getting one!

2 Replies
testing