Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

A Message to our Clients about Epic Rewards

Sephora is committed to offering our valued Beauty Insiders exceptional rewards to thank them for their loyalty and for being part of our community.  Yesterday we held an Epic Rewards promotion, and while we have held similar promotions in the past, yesterday’s promotion was the largest number of Epic Rewards we have made available to date.

Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly. We deeply regret this and apologize to our Beauty Insider clients who did not get a chance to participate.  

At Sephora our first and foremost priority is to give our clients an exciting and fulfilling shopping experience.  Those Beauty Insiders who were unable to get one of our limited quantity Epic Rewards, please email us by Tuesday, August 25, 2015, to epicrewards@sephora.com and include your Beauty Insider account number or email address associated with your account. 

Beyond that, please know that we are committed to learning from this experience. Thank you for your ongoing support. We greatly appreciate you.

Sephora is committed to offering our valued Beauty Insiders exceptional rewards to thank them for their loyalty and for being part of our community.  Yesterday we held an Epic Rewards promotion, and while we have held similar promotions in the past, yesterday’s promotion was the largest number of Epic Rewards we have made available to date.

Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly. We deeply regret this and apologize to our Beauty Insider clients who did not get a chance to participate.  

At Sephora our first and foremost priority is to give our clients an exciting and fulfilling shopping experience.  Those Beauty Insiders who were unable to get one of our limited quantity Epic Rewards, please email us by Tuesday, August 25, 2015, to epicrewards@sephora.com and include your Beauty Insider account number or email address associated with your account. 

Beyond that, please know that we are committed to learning from this experience. Thank you for your ongoing support. We greatly appreciate you.

Updated August 17

Thank you to everyone who has been reaching out to us about Epic Rewards. We value your feedback and recognize your ongoing loyalty to us, and we are working to get back to you quickly.

To that end, please know that if you have contacted us you will hear back from us in direct response to your inquiry during the period between Tuesday, August 25th through Tuesday, September 1st. The timing of the response to you will depend on when we received your initial contact regarding Epic Rewards.

If you haven’t contacted us yet, please email us at epicrewards@sephora.com. We’ve set up this dedicated mailbox to collect the right information quickly and accurately, separating you from the queue for general Sephora inquiries. When you email us at this address, it will generate an automated response that confirms we’ve received the message. You can then expect to hear back from us as quickly as possible with more information.

Please know that our team is listening, and we take your concerns to heart. We value your support, and we will be in touch soon.

With our sincerest thanks,

The Beauty Insider Team

Updated September 1

Thank you to everyone who reached out to us about Epic Rewards. We have reached out to all of those members who emailed us on or before August 25th, and are no longer accepting new submissions. epicrewards@sephora.com has been closed. Please contact us at 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672) regarding any other questions or concerns. We have reviewed your feedback and are taking it into consideration as we plan for future promotions. Our loyal Beauty Insiders are enormously important to us.

Re: A Message to our Clients about Epic Rewards

When they say they're "reviewing each case" in the automated reply email, what does that mean? Was I supposed to come up with a pity story to differentiate myself from others? It was terrible for all of us who tried really hard and didn't even see the perk we wanted in stock, or seeing a perk but being unable to add it to a basket/checkout with it.

Please don't give out points for this. I already have over 10k points, I don't need more. Plus, you're going to make this worse for next time if everyone has even more points. Give me a fair opportunity to use them.

I will say that whoever I talked to the on the Rouge line was apologetic and kind (the second time, the first time the lady hung up on me and I had to wait another 30 minutes to get someone). She listened to my crying (yes, I cried. I'm not going to try to defend myself here for being so upset), so she gets an A+.

Just curious, what are you going to do with all those points? Try again for another trip next year? I'm just not sure if it would be worth it for me, but a trip would certainly be nice.

Hey I get it. I know others may feel it's silly to get worked up over this but it happens. In May I was seriously upset and saddened I never saw the "good stuff" and didn't have a chance at it since it was super secretive and no info was given. I blamed it on my hormones since I was 9 months pregnant at the time but I cried, got angry, and wanted to picket outside sephora....until I got out the house, saw my baby during my ultrasound, ate out, and shopped with my ulta money to get some of the things I wanted. I told everyone I could how pissed I was with how sephora handled the extraordinary rewards, wrote emails, talked to a supervisor and  ranted on here. But last time was a whole different experience, actually every other release was pretty low key in comparison to this current epic rewards. Like it was over before it even started, smh. I get the anger and disbelief this time around but also think a lot of people had unrealistic expectations...but that's Sephora's fault for marketing like this. 

The first 2 person I called the time it happened, the 2 I called yesterday were pretty rude and didn't seem to care about it 😕

Ugh, my heart goes out to them actually. I wouldn't have wanted to be the one answering the phones this week. I bet every last one of them got screamed at endlessly... I probably would have been a little grumpy too 😔😔

I bet they're burnt out by now from people chewing them out. It would be awful to have countless people calling to complain to me for what someone else did.

That's customer service, it's not for the faint of heart or thin of skin.  I know someone who worked the phones at the power company when they electrocuted several dogs in a short span of time with arcing metal covers on the sidewalks.  Sephora's people are having a cakewalk compared to that.

Anonymous Insider

Wow Heartless.....

Gasp!   

Yep.  In a state with some of the strongest felony animal cruelty laws in the country and that banned dog racing by ballot initiative.  People were insanely angry, there were death threats.

Aww, big hugs!  I completely understand the emotions involved.  I cried in May at around 4:05. And I kicked things when I found out Canadians were excluded even though we were told we weren't.  And I was shaking from the adrenaline too!   Not pretty!   

i'm glad your second customer service call went much better.  

omg i am so glad i am not the only one who cried. I got a super sweet chick when i called in too. Maybe the same one!

They will probably be determining just how close people were to actually snagging a perk before loosing it. Did it make it into their cart? Did it get snatched away while checking out? Did it drop off of their confirmation? I would imagine the closer each individual got to snagging a prize, the higher the compensation for losing it.

I'd be pretty angry if that was the case. The MJ perk I wanted was gone first out of the 10k perks, along with the Paris perk. I never saw it in stock, but saw others in stock and, if I were going for those, maybe could have gotten further in the process. I don't think we can compare experiences like that because we're talking about sub-second differences and utter chaos.

I think that they might not care as much about people already in the program as about luring the next generation.

So, in a year, they can advertise to someone- "Join VIB! Join Rouge! look at the fabulous perks! (picture of insane YSL 2k perk, or trip to paris)

And while it's technically true they gave away a couple of these it will be advertised as the norm for becoming part of their loyalty program. A cheap way in the long run of getting new loyalty.

I can't help but feel that's backwards.  The older generation would have more expendable income would they not?  That's what my lifes financial pattern would seem to indicate.  

Right, if there was one thing I learned from The Office, it's that it's better for the company to keep an existing customer than to grab a new one.

Welcome to Sephora, where they take all your money and the points don't matter! asdf.jpg

Rofl waffle!

HAHA! Thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous Insider

So right on the money ohsotattooed!!! So right!!

3 Replies
testing