Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

A Message to our Clients about Epic Rewards

Sephora is committed to offering our valued Beauty Insiders exceptional rewards to thank them for their loyalty and for being part of our community.  Yesterday we held an Epic Rewards promotion, and while we have held similar promotions in the past, yesterday’s promotion was the largest number of Epic Rewards we have made available to date.

Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly. We deeply regret this and apologize to our Beauty Insider clients who did not get a chance to participate.  

At Sephora our first and foremost priority is to give our clients an exciting and fulfilling shopping experience.  Those Beauty Insiders who were unable to get one of our limited quantity Epic Rewards, please email us by Tuesday, August 25, 2015, to epicrewards@sephora.com and include your Beauty Insider account number or email address associated with your account. 

Beyond that, please know that we are committed to learning from this experience. Thank you for your ongoing support. We greatly appreciate you.

Sephora is committed to offering our valued Beauty Insiders exceptional rewards to thank them for their loyalty and for being part of our community.  Yesterday we held an Epic Rewards promotion, and while we have held similar promotions in the past, yesterday’s promotion was the largest number of Epic Rewards we have made available to date.

Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly. We deeply regret this and apologize to our Beauty Insider clients who did not get a chance to participate.  

At Sephora our first and foremost priority is to give our clients an exciting and fulfilling shopping experience.  Those Beauty Insiders who were unable to get one of our limited quantity Epic Rewards, please email us by Tuesday, August 25, 2015, to epicrewards@sephora.com and include your Beauty Insider account number or email address associated with your account. 

Beyond that, please know that we are committed to learning from this experience. Thank you for your ongoing support. We greatly appreciate you.

Updated August 17

Thank you to everyone who has been reaching out to us about Epic Rewards. We value your feedback and recognize your ongoing loyalty to us, and we are working to get back to you quickly.

To that end, please know that if you have contacted us you will hear back from us in direct response to your inquiry during the period between Tuesday, August 25th through Tuesday, September 1st. The timing of the response to you will depend on when we received your initial contact regarding Epic Rewards.

If you haven’t contacted us yet, please email us at epicrewards@sephora.com. We’ve set up this dedicated mailbox to collect the right information quickly and accurately, separating you from the queue for general Sephora inquiries. When you email us at this address, it will generate an automated response that confirms we’ve received the message. You can then expect to hear back from us as quickly as possible with more information.

Please know that our team is listening, and we take your concerns to heart. We value your support, and we will be in touch soon.

With our sincerest thanks,

The Beauty Insider Team

Updated September 1

Thank you to everyone who reached out to us about Epic Rewards. We have reached out to all of those members who emailed us on or before August 25th, and are no longer accepting new submissions. epicrewards@sephora.com has been closed. Please contact us at 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672) regarding any other questions or concerns. We have reviewed your feedback and are taking it into consideration as we plan for future promotions. Our loyal Beauty Insiders are enormously important to us.

Re: A Message to our Clients about Epic Rewards

I feel your frustration - mine was very similar. Prior to #epicfail I was fantasizing over what I would do with the YSL eye palette....  

And I guarantee you that countless amounts of rewards that were gobbled up were from diverters looking to resell them for a monetary profit because they certainly can't profit off of useless points.

That would be very sad if it were to happen. Then again there are numerous items that pop up under a "sephora rewards" search on ebay.

Hm, wondering whether it's worth it to even email them. They're just offering up more worthless crap, and they don't care about what we have to say. They have proven that over and over again.

I'm just wondering what's the point?! Nothing is easy with them. You can't redeem points without buying something. Often their online offers require a $25-$35 purchase. This is just another vague announcement expecting clients to jump through hoops with no real idea of what's at the end. 

I like the idea of being clear what date and time rewards would be released. Also, I think the way Hautelook does it would be a good way for Sephora as well. If someone adds the epic reward to their cart, they should have X amount of time to check out. (the reward would not get snatched away because sephora asked them to re-sign in for the 3rd time). Maybe a time frame of a minute or two?

Hi Roxy!  I was online when those Epic Rewards were released.  I was looking for a 5000 pt reward- my first choice was the Drybar and second was the Tory Burch.  I had a purchase already in my cart and I was signed in.  Neither of those items were available.  They were X'd out from the start.  OK, I decide I will grab the Tarte and go to checkout.  It was in my cart and then poof it was gone.  I go to the 1000 pt items and put the Dr. Dennis Gross set in my cart,  Again, poof it's gone during the checkout.  Does this mean that Sephora allowed us to put it into our cart even though it really wasn't available?  I don't know what to think but you are right. We should be able to make a run to the checkout.  It shouldn't get ripped away from us before we have a chance to complete the transaction.  This is not the first time that Sephora has done an epic rewards offering.  They should be getting it right at this point. 

some people didn't even see the rewards EVER I am mad because I was paying for mine it was in my cart my address and credit card were ready I had a total and then it gave a lame error made me go "back" and once I did it was "gone".

Sounds like we had a similar experience garnett. Very frustrating. I wouldn't be surprised if they only had one of each reward.

Dear Sephora,
After spending thousands of dollars with your company you've lost me for good. I had the Becca reward IN MY CART. After hours of watching, waiting and refreshing I had it! I hit pay and while you charged me for my items you took the Becca out! I am furious and over it. The whole thing took less than 30 seconds. Once it was in my cart it should've been a done deal. I'm just going to take my money to Ulta and buy the Becca items. I hate that because I love the girls that work at my local OKC store but this just feels so shady. I can't keep wasting my money with a company who treats customers that way. Once it was in my cart it shouldn't have left it. We are breaking up. If you were a dude I would've broken up with you last time. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Sadly I was just about to re-rouge. Wish I could get my money back. 

Seriously, take some notes from ULTA & Nordstrom on how to not anger your best customers.

Same exact thing happened to me with the Dior reward. To top it off, Sephora wouldn't cancel the order even after I explained the reward was removed AFTER the submit button was hit.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. It is not fun at all. 😕

That's awful. 

Oh no! I am so sorry 😞

ALSO, what are you doing arbitrarily sending some people 1000 points when they emailed you, and none to others when its been so clearly publicized tens (maybe hundreds) of thousands were affected ? As well, much like everyone has said already, clearly sephora points are meaningless anyway

We know feces happens. 

letitgo.jpg

Let it go, Sephora, most of us are over it and tired of seeing this reward thing pop up in our feed. 

YAS! I saw this and I was wincing of the potential horror again. 

Simply be clear and transparent. Disclose the EXACT time and number of rewards available and the odds of getting them. Give us the option of trying to get them or spare us the hassle of a day lost refreshing a page that for me, like for MANY others, never even existed until it was all gone.

If they would give me 2000 points and release some worth-while 500 point rewards I MIGHT be happy... Just saying...

Well, that's kind of the problem. No worthwhile rewards in 2-3 years. And the ones that are can only be snagged by ~50 / what...20,000 people? 40,000? 100,000???

Those aren't rewards for a loyalty program. Those are prizes.

KEEP your points. Don't you get it? You've just infuriated tens of thousands of your best customers, essentially rendering our points useless with the poorly managed EPIC Reward event, then you offer us MORE useless points to make us shut up? Is there ANYONE in the PR or marketing department smart enough to realize what's happening here? I work in a hospital. Imagine if I gave a patient the wrong medication. "Oh, I value you as a patient. Here's some points."  Honestly, I don't know which is worse - the way you people handled the EPIC Reward event yesterday or the way you're handling the aftermath. This is going to make a wonderful case study for future Marketing courses.

4 Replies
testing