Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

A Message to our Clients about Epic Rewards

Sephora is committed to offering our valued Beauty Insiders exceptional rewards to thank them for their loyalty and for being part of our community.  Yesterday we held an Epic Rewards promotion, and while we have held similar promotions in the past, yesterday’s promotion was the largest number of Epic Rewards we have made available to date.

Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly. We deeply regret this and apologize to our Beauty Insider clients who did not get a chance to participate.  

At Sephora our first and foremost priority is to give our clients an exciting and fulfilling shopping experience.  Those Beauty Insiders who were unable to get one of our limited quantity Epic Rewards, please email us by Tuesday, August 25, 2015, to epicrewards@sephora.com and include your Beauty Insider account number or email address associated with your account. 

Beyond that, please know that we are committed to learning from this experience. Thank you for your ongoing support. We greatly appreciate you.

Sephora is committed to offering our valued Beauty Insiders exceptional rewards to thank them for their loyalty and for being part of our community.  Yesterday we held an Epic Rewards promotion, and while we have held similar promotions in the past, yesterday’s promotion was the largest number of Epic Rewards we have made available to date.

Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly. We deeply regret this and apologize to our Beauty Insider clients who did not get a chance to participate.  

At Sephora our first and foremost priority is to give our clients an exciting and fulfilling shopping experience.  Those Beauty Insiders who were unable to get one of our limited quantity Epic Rewards, please email us by Tuesday, August 25, 2015, to epicrewards@sephora.com and include your Beauty Insider account number or email address associated with your account. 

Beyond that, please know that we are committed to learning from this experience. Thank you for your ongoing support. We greatly appreciate you.

Updated August 17

Thank you to everyone who has been reaching out to us about Epic Rewards. We value your feedback and recognize your ongoing loyalty to us, and we are working to get back to you quickly.

To that end, please know that if you have contacted us you will hear back from us in direct response to your inquiry during the period between Tuesday, August 25th through Tuesday, September 1st. The timing of the response to you will depend on when we received your initial contact regarding Epic Rewards.

If you haven’t contacted us yet, please email us at epicrewards@sephora.com. We’ve set up this dedicated mailbox to collect the right information quickly and accurately, separating you from the queue for general Sephora inquiries. When you email us at this address, it will generate an automated response that confirms we’ve received the message. You can then expect to hear back from us as quickly as possible with more information.

Please know that our team is listening, and we take your concerns to heart. We value your support, and we will be in touch soon.

With our sincerest thanks,

The Beauty Insider Team

Updated September 1

Thank you to everyone who reached out to us about Epic Rewards. We have reached out to all of those members who emailed us on or before August 25th, and are no longer accepting new submissions. epicrewards@sephora.com has been closed. Please contact us at 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672) regarding any other questions or concerns. We have reviewed your feedback and are taking it into consideration as we plan for future promotions. Our loyal Beauty Insiders are enormously important to us.

Re: A Message to our Clients about Epic Rewards

STAHP. You did not just compare this situation to potentially endangering someone's life. This takes the cake for absurdity.

She's not saying they are the same degree of severity. She's drawing a parallel to the absurd response they made to a situation that could quite easily be resolved with a different approach.

She compared the two situations so perhaps use a less dramatic comparison?

For example: Sephora "messed up" and is now handing out more useless points is like a kid stole my bike and and instead of giving me back my bike, he gave me a helmet.

See, great parallel without being overdramatic and comparing this situation to human endangerment. 

Amen, girl! I am with you - it would result in a major law suit!

I consider this #epicfail worthy of a class action unless they redeem themselves quickly!

Here is my email to you, Sephora. Harsh? I don't think so...:

Sephora,

I clicked refresh from 6 am until when you released the rewards at almost 2 cst. I had one in my basket (Smashbox), after missing out on the YSL reward I really wanted and it didn’t get thru the process before it was out of stock. Must have been less than 1 minute that they were released before they were gone. 

I accumulated points and literally debated even purchasing things on sale at other stores because I would miss out on points at sephora. I have emailed your customer service with no response as of yet (over 24 hours).
 I have been a loyal customer to you and see that you have posted something on BeautyTalk to attempt to redeem yourselves. I no longer get emails from you, btw, which you have been unable to fix or respond to me about after MULTIPLE attempts to contact customer service thru both your website and over the phone; therefore BeautyTalk is what I have resorted to for updates.
The email address I am using is the one that is on my VIB Rouge account.

Please advise. 
Your previous loyal customer, now Ulta’s b*%$h,
Kimberly

How do I find out my VIB account number?

You click My Account or your name in the upper left-hand corner of the webpage, then My Information (to the left side), and the # is listed under Beauty Insider Profile.

Free samples that we need to pay for?? That's not right, I want better rewards!

Next reward event. Let the reward stay in the cart for "X" amount of time. I think fb people who HAD a reward in their cart and lost it are even more upset. 

This happened to me. The reward was removed AFTER I hit submit order only to realize I didn't get it by looking at the order confirmation screen. I'm beyond upset by this.

That is the exact same thing that happened to me and when I called the Rouge line about it the girl said it wasn't possible and nobody else had that happen, it was out prior to that, I muuuuuust be mistaken. Ugh. 

Also, please don't be so cryptic with what you're intending to do as written above. 
I can't handle more suspense, mysteries and disappointment right now.

Amen. Why can't this company must be up front with people. ??!!! What ? I'm gonna waste my time trying to track down my sephora VIB # so a couple months from now I get 100 points put in my account ?!

Haha yeah OK you're really sorry, sorry Sephora but I call BS on this one.

Sent an email

though I also sent one through your website yesterday and didn't hear back anything

Please don't send me more points. I have too many now from this whole fiasco and honestly I havent seen a single 100 or 500 point reward worth the points or the energy - particularly not the 12 1/2 hours worth of time I spent refreshing only to have my 2000 point rewards taken out of my basket mid-purchase.

I share you pain and I'm sorry that your reward got taken out :(. This is getting ridiculous!

Thanks ! I'm glad someone feels for the situation!! I was blown away by everything that happened yesterday for everyone 😞

If you truly appreciated your clients you wouldn't be so vague about what you are going to do to fix things.  It doesn't take a marketing genius to know that having 2 rewards for each category would sell out fast, and not letting people know when they would be released was a planned move, so please spare us your faux regrets. If you had said this was a contest, then people would be more understanding, and ultimately it's not even about getting the reward, it's about showing a little bit of respect for your loyal clients.

I'm not really sure what else I should include in my email besides my BI number/email address. Are you all looking for my feedback/suggestions?

I appreciate you addressing the event with this post.

I included feedback about my sentiments regarding what the whole program has become.

We'll give you another 1,000 points you can never use!  Free!  Then in 6 moths we can all do this again so stay tuned.

testing