AmyC

500 pt point return question.

Can I just return part of my Josie Maran 500 point bonus? The two Argan oil products make my skin oily and break out a bit. However I love the two other bonus items. Can I return part of the bonus to get my points back or no?

DTalksAll

Re: 500 pt point return question.

(0) Hearts

I got a rash from the argan oil on my face. I've been using argan oil on my hair for years and thought "why not".  A little google investigating shows that argan oil is not cleared by the FDA for use on the face. It can actually bring on rosacea & seriously clogs your pores. I'm surpised Sephora markets something that is not good/approved for use on the face.  

drrragon

Plenty of people use argan oil on their faces without any problems.  No one can make blanket statements that a particular skincare product will work for EVERYONE, because every person is different.  Skincare needs/preferences vary just as much as color cosmetic preferences.

On that note, the vast majority of products sold by Sephora are not approved by the FDA, because they are cosmetic and not medicinal.  None of these are controlled substances that need a prescription from a medical professional.  Argan oil falls under that category so it's not at all surprising that it's not approved by the FDA.

Check out the FDA website if you want more details:

Products intended to cleanse or beautify are generally regulated as cosmetics. Some examples are skin moisturizers, perfumes, lipsticks, fingernail polishes, makeup, shampoos, permanent waves, hair colors, toothpastes, and deodorants. These products and their ingredients are not subject to FDA premarket approval, except color additives (other than coal tar hair dyes). Cosmetic companies have a legal responsibility for the safety of their products and ingredients.

Products intended to treat or prevent disease, or affect the structure or function of the body, are drugs. This is true even if a product affects how you look. Some examples are treatments for dandruff or acne, sunscreen products, antiperspirants, and diaper ointments. Generally, drugs must receive premarket approval by FDA or, if they are nonprescription drugs, conform to special regulations, called "monographs," for their category.

Some are both cosmetics and drugs. Examples include anti-dandruff shampoos and antiperspirant-deodorants, as well as moisturizers and makeup with SPF (sun protection factor) numbers. They must meet the requirements for both cosmetics and drugs.

Some may belong to other categories, including medical devices (such as certain hair removal and microdermabrasion devices), dietary supplements (such as vitamin or mineral tablets or capsules), or other consumer products (such as manicure sets).

ChicDabbler

That is so true. FDA does not do enough research (if any) on skincare/cosmetic items, and I really wish they would especially for lip products that probably is consumed half the time unless you don't ever lick your lips and always wipe before eating. They were ok with lead in lipstick up'til 2010 and didn't properly regulate sunscreen until last year. So I guess that's a start, hope they increase the effort in the future.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

But there has not been enough research on Argan Oil & it's uses on the face. 

sephoramusthave

You have to remember that a point perk is a *free gift*. Even though you have to earn it, its still a gift and you cant return a gift, especially a *used* gift that they cant pass along to the next shopper.

melissabt

[ Edited ]

Hi AmyC-

Thank you Sephoramusthave!

I'm sorry to hear that some of the items in the Josie 500 Perks did not work out for you. Unfortunately returns of perks are usually not accepted and you won't be able to return part of the set for your points. We're very sorry for any inconvenience!

<3 Melissa
AmyC

I understand, but it does say on your website you can return the whole bonus. I find it very misleading especially when your skin has a bad reaction to products.

AmyC

Thanks, that makes sense. I just called and they confirmed that as well. Might return the whole thing, we'll see.

melissabt

Hi AmyC-

Thank you, yes you can attempt to return the whole set at your local Sephora Store:http://bit.ly/PCGMcS. The stores should be able to accommodate you:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
sephoramusthave

I dont think you can. If its in a kit I dont see how they would allow you to return some, *keep* some *and* get your points back.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • AmyC
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • melissabt
    • drrragon
    • ChicDabbler