500 point perks perks

How do you feel about the 500 point perks offered at sephora? I check from here and there to see what the perks are and never really find its anything I am interested in. There have been a couple within the last few years that I liked including a kit by Benefit that included a full size Coralista blush whick I still use, among other items I still purchase and currently use :smileyhappy: I just wish they would have better offers more than once a year or every 2 years lol so I could actually use my MUCH (for lack of better words at this time of night lol) earned points that are just building up more and more in my beauty bank. I also think it would be more encouraging to spend even more $ if I knew the perks were a better pay off.....What are your thoughts? I mean to get 500 points you do afterall have to SPEND $500....Sooo a good "gift" in return would be a nice thank you! :smileyhappy:

Re: 500 point perks perks

There is a cause-and-effect here.  The "triple points events" and other bonus point specials create point inflation.  You no longer necessarily have to spend $500 dollars to accumulate 500 points, but that means that the perks are worth much less. 100-point perfume minis went up to 250 points, and the 500-point perks are worth less than five 100-point perks. 

Does anyone remember when 500-point perks always included a full-size product?  Personally, I would be happy to have no multiple-point events at all if the rewards were better again.  Then there would be no pressure to spend within a certain time frame, just when you were ready.

i remember specifically in the past getting full sized benefit products in the 500 point perk which to me is way more worth it. 

Yea! I've redeemed for a full size Porefessional and also a full size Girl Meets Pearl before. 

(0) Hearts

The new MJ perk is 4 deluxe samples. Deluxe samples that they have offered for 100 points each in the past. So yea, the 500 point perk being less than 5 100 point perks sounds about right. The more I look at the rewards page the more angry I get.  

(0) Hearts

Ulta manages to have multiple point events (higher and more often) and have a no pressure system though which people can use their points.  

Lol. If those people were disappointed with the perks circa 2011-12, I can only imagine what they're thinking now. 

upload_1340236217195760535.gif

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

The perks used to be so good! I think the only problem I ever had was with a 500 pt Dior bracelet being too big, which in retrospect sounds so stupid now.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

When this thread popped up again the other day, I thought the exact same thing.  That bag looks better than most of our recent perks.  Some of the 1k perks from the recent shenanigans (other than Caudalie) looked nice, but each mega release seems to be one catastrophe after another.  I never want to have enough points to deal with that.  

(0) Hearts

What in the what LOOK AT THIS REWARD BELOW... the red bag with the various goodies..  I feel like we don't get 500 point perks like this anymore. This is from just 3 years ago. What happened Sephora? : (

(0) Hearts

I agree that Sephora needs to up their game with these 500 point perks. I am at over 7000 points and I swear I have not found anything worth redeeming my points for!!!

(0) Hearts

I so wish that people who have a lot of points, in other words, good customers, were offered many options at the 500 point level.  I completely agree with firecracker7383 above.

(0) Hearts

My thoughts are:  Not everyone is going to like everything :smileyhappy:

I'm glad there is a variety and that I can continue to save my points and not feel pressured to use them.

I got the Dior Fragrance and Lipstick set recently, then also got the Amazing Grace Fragrance and Shower Gel and Body Lotion.

Very happy and excited to see what comes next!

And I agree with you that lately the rewards have been kind of crummy. None of the 500 point rewards have been remotely enticing until this Bumble & Bumble one, which unfortunately due to my hair type I have to miss out on. :smileymad:

you would think spending $500 at a store would earn a present that's at least worth $20 retail! some of the sets look like stuff any department store cosmetics counter would just toss in for free if you buy a bottle of perfume.

I would like for these newcomers to realize they are responding to a post that is over a year old. I don't think alot of them realize that.

(0) Hearts

I love that Sephora has such a nice rewards program, but I'm disappointed the current 500 point reward (a collection of mini bumble&bumble products)  is only for girls who want straight hair. It would be much nicer to have an option between straightening hair products and volumizing hair  products, so that all the VIB's like me with stick-straight thin hair could indulge as well! Just a suggestion.

(0) Hearts

I'm waiting to use my points towards a perk with color.  My skin regimen is pretty simple and I'm afraid of breaking out and don't want to waste the points on skincare.

*Jenny*

(0) Hearts

I just chose a 500 point perk of the Peter Thomas Roth Laser Free which looks like a great little set! The Laser Free Serum made my face smooth and soft so I'm looking forward to this 3 piece set! It has the laser free resurfacer,  gel-cream and the scrub. Great! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

(0) Hearts
I agree with you all on the 500 point perks. My favorite perk was the Korres one a few years ago. I received a full sized lip butter in that set and I fell in love with Korres because of that set. My favorite thing Sephora did was to do the skincare program, I forget what it was called, but for every 5 skin care items you bought, you received a free full sized product. Maybe Sephora could do something like that for the 500 point perk?

(0) Hearts

I wish I would have waited to get the Ole Henrickson 500 pt perk. It looks amazing. I got the recent Tarte one, which was great, but I still haven't used some of the stuff.

(0) Hearts

I absolutely agree!!!!  Both the 500 point perks and 100 point perks have been pretty sad for a while now. Same with the free samples in my opinion. It seems like the majority of it is stuff that doesn't sell so they're getting rid of it.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 500.JPG
  • upload_1340236217195760535.gif