firecracker7383

500 point perks perks

How do you feel about the 500 point perks offered at sephora? I check from here and there to see what the perks are and never really find its anything I am interested in. There have been a couple within the last few years that I liked including a kit by Benefit that included a full size Coralista blush whick I still use, among other items I still purchase and currently use :smileyhappy: I just wish they would have better offers more than once a year or every 2 years lol so I could actually use my MUCH (for lack of better words at this time of night lol) earned points that are just building up more and more in my beauty bank. I also think it would be more encouraging to spend even more $ if I knew the perks were a better pay off.....What are your thoughts? I mean to get 500 points you do afterall have to SPEND $500....Sooo a good "gift" in return would be a nice thank you! :smileyhappy:

bijouxkristyna

Re: 500 point perks perks

(0) Hearts

My thoughts are:  Not everyone is going to like everything :smileyhappy:

I'm glad there is a variety and that I can continue to save my points and not feel pressured to use them.

I got the Dior Fragrance and Lipstick set recently, then also got the Amazing Grace Fragrance and Shower Gel and Body Lotion.

Very happy and excited to see what comes next!

Fauxlita

And I agree with you that lately the rewards have been kind of crummy. None of the 500 point rewards have been remotely enticing until this Bumble & Bumble one, which unfortunately due to my hair type I have to miss out on. :smileymad:

you would think spending $500 at a store would earn a present that's at least worth $20 retail! some of the sets look like stuff any department store cosmetics counter would just toss in for free if you buy a bottle of perfume.

beautylovingirl

I would like for these newcomers to realize they are responding to a post that is over a year old. I don't think alot of them realize that.

Fauxlita

(0) Hearts

I love that Sephora has such a nice rewards program, but I'm disappointed the current 500 point reward (a collection of mini bumble&bumble products)  is only for girls who want straight hair. It would be much nicer to have an option between straightening hair products and volumizing hair  products, so that all the VIB's like me with stick-straight thin hair could indulge as well! Just a suggestion.

jennycakes323

(0) Hearts

I'm waiting to use my points towards a perk with color.  My skin regimen is pretty simple and I'm afraid of breaking out and don't want to waste the points on skincare.

*Jenny*

dianabt

(0) Hearts

I just chose a 500 point perk of the Peter Thomas Roth Laser Free which looks like a great little set! The Laser Free Serum made my face smooth and soft so I'm looking forward to this 3 piece set! It has the laser free resurfacer,  gel-cream and the scrub. Great! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
glamournut

(0) Hearts
I agree with you all on the 500 point perks. My favorite perk was the Korres one a few years ago. I received a full sized lip butter in that set and I fell in love with Korres because of that set. My favorite thing Sephora did was to do the skincare program, I forget what it was called, but for every 5 skin care items you bought, you received a free full sized product. Maybe Sephora could do something like that for the 500 point perk?
lowrah

(0) Hearts

I wish I would have waited to get the Ole Henrickson 500 pt perk. It looks amazing. I got the recent Tarte one, which was great, but I still haven't used some of the stuff.

nike0777

(0) Hearts

I absolutely agree!!!!  Both the 500 point perks and 100 point perks have been pretty sad for a while now. Same with the free samples in my opinion. It seems like the majority of it is stuff that doesn't sell so they're getting rid of it.

nike0777

(0) Hearts

I used to buy as much as I could from Sephora for the perks, but since they haven't been worth spending the extra here for a while, now I order most of my stuff from Nordstrom to get points from them. 

melissabt

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all of your feedback about the 500 point perks. We always like hearing from our clients. I will be happy to forward all of this information.:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

I have never received a 500 pt perk that I was happy with. I got a Ole Henriksen 3 little wonders kit twice, and a couple of Sephora Collections items kits and I didnt like any of them. The birthday gift is also shameful. Drying, chemical smell, irritating.

The Korres and Benefit 500 pt perk I see online right now look good...

I would love more Benefit, Dior, NARS, L'occitane, Origins, MUFE, Caudalie perks...*crosses fingers*

But overall, the "deals" that Sephora gives, thats nothing. Beauty.com, ULTA and a few beauty boutiques around me give me deluxe sized samples with any order, I dont have to spend a whopping hundred bucks to get one measly little deluxe sample. With a $20 purchase at Origins, I always get a handful of deluxe samples that last me months.

And I do have to admit I do a LOT of my beauty shopping at ULTA. They always have a 20% off online discount and they carry a lot of the same brands that Sephora does ( Benefit, Urban Decay, Tarte, Stila, Bare Escentuals etc)

I'm disappointed.

dolceloure

I recently hit the 500 mark for the first time (and have gone up another hundred since, lol) but I'm not into any of the perks. First it was that Philosophy kit online that I didn't care for. I later got to a store in person and they had a mini nail polish set. I barely wear the stuff, so I passed again. Online, they've finally changed the perk to a "Beauty with Benefits" kit -- I was disappointed to see that there weren't any Benefit brand items, the name threw me off, lol.

I think the perks themselves that are offered are fine products, but I guess there's just this expectation from customers to receive more, when you consider the other complimentary stuff Sephora offers. 3 free samples with any purchase. Free deluxe samples with $25 purchases (the holiday prep kit baggies were by far the most generous gift -- I was really excited about those!)...so I guess as consumers we expect the perks to get better the more you spend. I always skip out on the 100 point perks because I think "Eh. I can get one of those free with a $25 purchase..." so I waited to get enough points to get the bigger perk, only to find that they're not that great. I think it'd be nice if they had a few options at the 500 point level...skincare, makeup, fragrance kits to choose from. I agree about the brands -- I would love to see more NARS, Benefit, Tarte, Buxom, Josie Maran, Jurlique.

I hear a lot of good stuff about ULTA, but I feel like my experiences with that store have been anything but good, in person and online. :-/

tiffanybt

[ Edited ]

I'll definitely forward your feedback as well ladies! I hope everyone had a great start to the New Year. Here's the new 500 point perk for those of your interested in how it looks.

BEAUTY WITH BENEFITS

500.JPG

Red Handbag – 6in long x 2 ½ in wide x 3in deep

Anastasia, Eye shadow Palettes – 0.015g

Korres, Wild Rose 24 hour cream – 0.05 oz

Josie Maran, Argan Oil – 0.03 oz

Korres, Anitageing Primer – 0.34 oz

Fresh, Brown Sugar – 0.25 oz

Anastasia, Hydrafull Gloss – 0.03 oz

Tarte, Smooth Operator – 0.07 oz

Cheers,

Tiffany

strawberrytarte

(0) Hearts

That is awesome! I have been saving up my 500-point perk for a while now.  The last one I saw was the OPI Nail Collection and I deicded to hold out for something I would use a little bit more. I am excited for this one to hit the stores in this area :smileyhappy:

stepha0322

I think they should give you a Clairisonic for the 500 pt perk lol!  :smileyvery-happy:

tinkerchels

VIB has made me pretty bummed lately. I didn't receive a birthday gift this year because they didn't have my correct birthday in, even after I contacted them three times about changing it. It also unfortuante that they offer VIB to Canadian residents, but then we do not get to use the 20% off or the gifts on Canadian online orders. The nearest store is 3 hours away, so it is not worth my time to go use it. 

Hopefully things change :smileyhappy: I am optimistic they will because Sephora is very customer-oriented :smileyhappy:

Everyone keep their chins up!

xo

maltipoo66

I completely agree-none of the 500 point perks have inter...

I completely agree-none of the 500 point perks have interested me that much in a while, so I have so many points right now...even the 100 point perks didn't seem very good the last time I placed an order (I was hoping if they were good I could get a couple of them).  The latest Laura Mercier perk was the best of the past couple ones, but I'm happy with my skin care regimen and didn't want to start changing things, and I already own a couple of the products.  They should do a perk for the Buxom brand, another Tarte one, or maybe Charlotte Ronson!

dreamysmile

Re: I completely agree-none of the 500 point perks have inter...

@maltipoo66, I know what you mean! There hasn't been any really good 500pt perks in a while... Though a while ago I got a Buxom 500pt perk that came with a full size of my favorite lip gloss! But, I wish Sephora would do another Tarte one... I kinda like tarte :smileyhappy:... And a Charlotte Ronson perk wouldn't be bad, either :smileywink:

-dreamysmile :smileyhappy:

prettyinpa

The Laura Mercier 500 point perk that is offered now is o...

The Laura Mercier 500 point perk that is offered now is one of the better ones, but since I already own the products in the perk, it isn't fascinating me. In general, I don't think the 500 point perk is worth it. I think Sephora should offer a better perk, considering we spent $500 to get those points. Ulta has better perks and they change them more often, they have new ones every quarter and the perk is worth approximately 10% of what the spending level is at the mid-high level. Plus they have good coupons worth money off your purchase each time they offer an ad, Sephora rarely gives out a money back perk, it's only for free shipping, (which I'm already getting with a big order), or the VIB gift card, but that's also rare. I know I definitely would spend more if I got a money off coupon or there was better perks offered!

I think a gift card for our birthdays would be awesome!  That way, we could pick out something that we really liked. The birthday presents for the past couple of years have been kind of skimpy and I gave away the shower gel because I don't like food smelling beauty products.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 41 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • maltipoo66
    • firecracker7383
    • glamournut
    • bijouxkristyna