makeupobesessed

500 point perk

I'm so tired of the OPI 500 point perk. I already redeemed points for it, so I'm ready to move on, but it's all I see at the store near me...anyone hear of a new one?
msmisty

Re: 500 point perk

I recently received the Tarte 500 perk and as someone who has not been very impressed with the brand, I have to say this is a very nice perk. I was concerned that fiery would be too much for my pale complexion but finally! A red that looks good, bold, but not garrish. I picked up Exposed lip surgence as well and these just may end up being some favorites for me. So far texture, wear, and look are all aces across the board; this is definitely not what I expected my lips to feel like wearing a matte product :smileyhappy: I don't care for the emphaseyes liner and I didn't think I would as the last time I tried one it was virtually useless.The bronzer is gorgeous and great texture but would use it more as an eyeshadow or a bronzey highlight, good size too. I can't comment on the primer or powder yet as haven't had a chance to try it. I see there is a new perk but I figured some ladies were probably waiting for an already ordered tarte kit and it does not dissapoint :smileyhappy: Thanks Sephora!

lowrah

The BE 500 pt perk looks awesome! Too bad I have less than 100 pts and am on a no-buy.

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts
I've not really been into the BE perk, I have enough BE right now...you gals have fun though!
lowrah

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

UPS says my order with the Tarte perk will be here tomorrow. I am anxiously awaiting!

Got it! What a cool kit! I got FIERY lip surgence, which is what I wanted. :smileyhappy:

msmisty

Now I'm excited for mine to get here :smileyhappy: What shade is the eyeliner? I know it said it was an emphaseyes liner but I wonder if it was their old formulation or a new one...

keelybt

(0) Hearts

msmisty wrote:

Now I'm excited for mine to get here :smileyhappy: What shade is the eyeliner? I know it said it was an emphaseyes liner but I wonder if it was their old formulation or a new one...

The eyeliner comes in black :smileyhappy:

keelybt

I wanted to give you ladies a heads up that we have a new Tarte perk.  I picked it up yesterday in the store and it's now available online as well.  Love it! :heart:

- Full-size LipSurgence Natural Matte Lip Tint 0.10 oz
- Full-size emphasEyes High Definition Eye Pencil 0.001 oz
- Deluxe-size Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder 0.07 oz
- Deluxe-size ReCreate Silicone-Free Primer with Wrinkle Rewind Technology 0.3 oz
- Deluxe-size Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess 0.11 oz

The picture on the box of the LipSurgence is more accurate.  It's Fiery, which is a really pretty red that I think will work for most skin tones.

stevirox

(0) Hearts
I got my 500 pt perk in store a couple days ago. I somehow already had the tarte mini powder and loved how well it traveled so I wanted another. The bronzer LOVELY as most of the Amazonian clay blush/bronzers are. I'd only tried the blushes til now. I love how the lipsurgence is full size but does it have to be such an amazingly bright hue?! I'm very fair, I look like a clown in this. The matte is cool though. :smileyhappy: My olive skinned girlfriend will love it.
elliemae617

(0) Hearts

I was so excited when I went to my local Sephora this morning and saw a new 500-pt perk! I have extremely sensitive skin and recently switched to only using BE products (which has made a world of difference), which prevents me from spending my 1000+ points on many of the perks. I couldn't help myself from using them to get the current 500-pt perk as well as the 100-pt Buxom lip gloss.

In terms of the 500-pt perk, the lip gloss is full-size and the others are travel-size, but I think it is fairly comparable in value to other perks. My mom just mentioned that she was running out of mineral veil, so it is nice that I can share with her, and I fell in love with the eye primer that I received in a kit awhile ago, so it is nice to have a replacement. I like to carry some travel-size products in my purse for touch-ups, and I am so glad that I can replace my current travel mascara (a Smashbox sample that I am actually a bit disappointed in) with a BE product. The lip gloss is brighter than I would choose (looks more pink than the picture shows) on my own, but it is fun and bold, which is nice for the 70 degree weather we have in Cincinnati today!

I haven't tried the 100-pt Buxom lip gloss, but I have four other colors which I adore. This color seems fairly neutral, which is always nice to have on hand. The only other time I have spent my BI points before is on the keychain lipgloss from BE, which promptly shattered (and was quite small), so I am so happy to have a full-sized perk! If you haven't tried Buxom glosses yet, this is definitely a way to do it. They have a great tingle and are actually good for your lips!

Redeem your points now for a limited-edition set handpicked for Beauty Insiders: Bare Escentuals Ticket To Gorgeous. Quantities are limited, so once this product is gone, it's gone.

Flawless coverage, a pop of bright pink gloss, and the lushest lashes: this four-piece set is the complete package to your beautiful new look.

- Mini Mineral Veil Finishing Powder (0.026 oz)
- Mini Flawless Definition Mascara in black (0.16 oz)
- Mini Prime Time Brightening Eyelid Primer (0.05 oz)
- Full-size Natural Lip Gloss in Birthday Cake (0.14 oz)

glamournut

I saw these BE perks too! Oh my goodness!!! I just placed an order last week though, bummer.

lowrah

(0) Hearts

Redeem your points now for a limited-edition product handpicked for Beauty Insiders: Philosophy Party Girl Set. Limited quantities are available, so once this product is gone, it's gone.

Just in time for the holidays, flaunt a radiant glow with this pre- (or post-) party routine, featuring the cult favorite moisturizer, Hope in a Jar, and a new deep-cleansing oil.

- Deluxe sample of new Purity Made Simple Mineral Oil-Free Facial Cleansing Oil (1 oz)
- One application of the Microdelivery Peel
- Mini Hope in a Jar (0.4 oz)
- Mini Lip Shine in Bubbly (0.5 oz)

Select this 500-point Perk on the Beauty Insider Rewards page during checkout, and it will be added to your shopping basket.

Questions? Please contact customer service at 877-SEPHORA.

Thanks for being a Beauty Insider.
dodgersash

Yes!! Me, too! I was totally coming on here to talk about how lame the 500 point perk is. They should at least change it up every month or offer it as a cash back credit, like $50 towards another purchase or something. I haven't seen anything I've liked as the 500 point perk in a very long while. I love Sephora, but their rewards system disappoints me.
dolceloure

While I don't always find things to my taste w/ the rewards choices, I do think Sephora has pretty generous gifts, especially online (free samples w/ your purchase, + a deluxe sample w/ a $25 purchase...that just doesn't happen at the in-person stores).

It took a while to finally see a 500 point reward I could get on board with -- finally they offered the Lancome set for eyes. Admittedly, I wasn't crazy about it b/c none of the products really jumped out at me, but it still looked like a very nice gift, and I figured I might as well redeem my points before it runs out and they replace it w/ some other kit that I'd have no use for, lol

...and I just noticed that they already have a new one out! Laura Mercier Flawless Favorites.....looks good but I'm glad I got the Lancome. I'm hoping/assuming the folks at Sephora are noting which rewards disappear the fastest b/c those are the ones they should be doling out. :smileywink:

crewfan

I've been a VIB for a couple of years now and maybe I'm missing something but what is the deluxe sample with $25 purchase? I've only  used VIB or Beauty insider codes?

keelybt

(0) Hearts

@Crewfan Are you receiving our promotional emails?  We regularly have deluxe samples available to add to your order.  You can view some of the current ones here.

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hello everyone! 

You can see the current BI 500 Point perk by clicking here, its the newest one! :smileywink: Hope this helps! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
annahlotr

I am VERY unhappy with my 500 point perk. As a college student, it has taken me a long time to save 500 points. I love Laura Mercier, so when I placed my order and it asked if I wanted the Laura Mercier 500 point perk I was thrilled. My package came in today, but even though the shipping invoice says it includes the Laura mercier perk I was given the Beauty with Benefits set instead. There is not a single product I have any interest in using, and I would never have used my 500 points on it. If they were out of the Laura Mercier set, they should have given me the option of turning down the replacement set. I'm going to try to get my 500 points back, but at this point I'm not sure if I will continue to shop at Sephora. This is a huge disappointment.
keelybt

@Annahlotr I am so sorry that you received the incorrect perk.  It is definitely not our policy to change it without your consent.  I will send you a message to help.

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

I had ordered the Lancome set w/ my points when it was out, but was totally bumemd that my entire order was cancelled due items being out of stock (why were they even listed in the first place?) :smileysad: ...so with that cancellation went my Lancome gift set. On the upside, customer service was nice about the cancellation and offered me free shipping on my next order. Course, by then I no longer wanted to use my 500 points. And now I'm waiting for the Philosophy kit to be replaced before I order again/try to redeem my points...ugh, it's going to be there forever, lol

elliemae617

There's a new Lancome Best of Eyes set available now: 500 pt perk.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • lov3mak3up
    • dodgersash