lilyyy

2014 Sephora Birthday gift!!!

[ Edited ]

From yahoo: 

"The set features deluxe size samples of MAKE UP FOR EVER's Smoky Extravagant mascara and Rouge Artist Natural lipstick in N9."

B116FA49-C453-5C4A-16AE09F7C7CEBFBD.jpg

For the men:

Sephora is offering its male Beauty Insiders a reason to celebrate with an exclusive gift from JACK BLACK. The deluxe-sized sample of JACK BLACK Performance Remedy™ Turbo Wash™ Energizing Cleanser for Hair & Body contains rosemary, eucalyptus and juniper berry for a refreshing sensory boost any time of day.

theramenlover

Re: 2014 Sephora Birthday gift!!!

Ah, another birthday gift that I'm going to be gifting away to a friend or saving for a beauty box! I know Sephora can't please everyone but they have so many clients that I feel like they should have at least another gift set to choose from. I know there's one for men which is lovely but it'd be great to have say, one skincare-specific set or one makeup-specific set or even a fragrance mini would be lovely! 

The only reason I say this is because last year, I was allergic to Fresh's lip duo and this year, I had to give away the Benefit set since I don't use highlighter and for next year's, I'm also allergic to MUFE's Rouge Artist Natural line :smileysad: Poop. (On another note, I've purchased that mascara before and did not like it much at all). 

I am happy though that if the rumors posted by the others are true, at least Rouge members get an extra eyeliner :smileywink: 

lilyyy

If you're upset as a Rouge, imagine being a male Rouge. My boyfriend was livid when he became Rouge and was only offered a lipstick. There are is NOTHING for men. Sure they could use some of the skin car 500 point perks, but there isn't a single one geared toward men.

ladymeag

My spouse has noticed this as well - he's only VIB but has all the points unless there's something I want that he'll grab for me because it's pretty rare to have the 500 point sets for men. As we all know, skincare is expensive stuff - it's pretty easy for a guy to rack up to VIB or Rouge on skincare alone, not to mention shaving or fragrance! I wonder what the best way to convey this to Sephora would be. 

ChicDabbler

Aw that's a bummer. I wonder what their arrangement/system for birthday perks are, because I feel like it would be great if instead of a birthday set, they can just let us chose any combination of 2-3 100pts perks instead for our birthday. =P

violalea

Oh yay! Just saw it on yahoo too :smileyhappy:

Rouges would get an extra item: a mini Aqua Eyes 0L waterproof eyeliner pencil. 

emmaclaire

Well that's a start!

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Thanks for sharing!  I'll have to wait a year but that's ok hehe :smileyvery-happy:

Londonlover101

honestly I would rather have skincare..

manniface

I for one am glad that it isn't skin care- everyone has a different skin type that has different needs! Sure you could point out that colors may not look good on every one but that would be a much smaller fraction.

Urbie

Yeah, I like MUFE....but mini mascaras are not my thing.  I might use the lipstick, but I would prefer a skincare gift!  Fresh was a good balance between make up and skin care.

ChicDabbler

Ooohh, I would be up for a Fresh skincare set. I think they do listen to our feedback, cuz there were almost no mini lipstick available last yr for perks or promos but we kept asking for it and we've had almost a dozen of those this yr. =D

#HappyCamper

ps. yeah, I don't really wear mascaras so I give away dozens of them to friends every yr.

turandot333

(0) Hearts

love MUFE! thanks for the info! so excited for 2014 now lol XD

buzzbee3

I heard that if you're a VIB or Rouge that it also includes a eyeliner. Hopefully that's true! They're def my favorite item in MUFE :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

Oh I love that set! I get really giddy when it comes to lipstick deluxe samples. I'm over the moon about my 100 pt perk UD revolution catfight one, its too cute and the color is gorgeous! And even though they look super tiny they actually last quite a while ( but then again, I change my lipstick daily so it takes me.....forever to get through any tube of lipstick).

I have used and used up that mascara mini and its nice! I haven't bought the full sized because I decided to get the benefit theyre real instead (on my second full sized tube now). :smileyvery-happy:

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

Do you know if the MUFE mascara is scented?

jxw200

(0) Hearts

If i remember correctly, i think it was floral scented like lancome? It has been a while though, so don't quote me!

MysticalAngel

(0) Hearts

Yaaaaay!! I'm so excited! Now to wait two months :smileyhappy:

aleishamaxime

I don't know how reliable glitterglossgarbage is but their blog post says rouge members also get an eyeliner included

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

Does anyone know if all of the MUFE lipsticks have the same heavily floral scent that the the Rouge Artist Intense in #50 Black Satin does? Is MUFE mascara scented?

If so, I might opt for the men's gift, if they let me! (Also, I don't recall men's gifts in previous years - is this a new thing?) 

ChicDabbler

There were men's gifts in previous years, I think last/this? yr was the...anthony logistic cleanser I believe. I have a mini of Rouge Artist intense in satin fuchsia and didn't really notice any scent so I don't know. o.O

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

Apparently some people are 'blind' to the scent - that's one of those weird fragrance things that happens sometimes. I did some Googling and checking reviews and they do all have the same "light floral rose" that the #50 Black Satin does, which is a shame. This one will go straight to the swap box. 

The mini liner and mascara will be happily homed in my traincase as travel back-ups, though. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 146 replies
  • 150 hearts
  • 105 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • mberteig
    • sephoramusthave
    • shyvicki
    • lovelykatya