Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

IMG_0532.JPGI

guess this is as good a place as any to post this:

My new Givenchy Le rouge sculpt two-tone lipstick, this is Violine. I applied it from the bullet, so the darker shade is on outside of my upper lip but inside my lower lip, if that makes sense. It's admittedly a bit gimmicky, but I love it!! On face, wearing a sample of soon-to-be-mine Estée Lauder Double Wear Nude Liquid in Ivory Beige and a few other things as pictured. Oh, on eyes but not pictured is the Becca Amethyst flashes Geode.

The things and a really good picture of my lipstick. 

Spoiler
IMG_0526.JPGIMG_0529.JPG

@sister13, Violine is beautiful on you. It's so bright & luscious. 

That's gorgeous on you. Your eyes are great, too.

i'm prefacing this post by saying...WHY YES, i do see that one side of my lip is oddly overdrawn while the other isn't. i'd just hastily reapplied after eating, and i'm not gonna take another selfie so.... i humbly submit yet another photo showing that IRL my makeup is always a mess. i'm that girl. i really wanted to share some of my new things though !

GIVENCHY photo perfexion fluid foundation

NARS soft matte complete concealer 

NARS light reflecting loose powder

NARS sunlight diffusing bronzer, laguna

NARS blush, exhibit a

CLINIQUE chubby stick highlight

GIORGIO ARMANI brow maestro

URBAN DECAY naked heat palette

MAC eyeliner,  teddy

GUERLAIN maxi lash mascara

BITE BEAUTY amuse bouche liquified lipstick, candied.

derpderp

@jemly, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who didn't notice any issue until after taking the picture to post. This always happens to me. Uneven eye shadows, brows, lips, forgotten lipstick, forgotten brows ... you name it, I've done it. I wonder what I look like wandering around town on days when I didn't take a picture and catch my mistakes.

That being said, you do look fabulous. I love candied on you!

@jemly you and mocha are killing me with these Bite swatches!

Feeling like purples today, even though it all looks pink on my skin...

Spoiler
Base, eyes and brow products the same, you can't see my eyeshadow here so I'll skip it 😄
Cheeks - Bitten blush from Smashbox  Art Love Color palette
Highlighter - Becca Amethyst Flashes Geode
Lip - Hard Candy Velvet Mousse liquid lipstick in Spider Orchid topped with Becca AfG
Hair - flat iron curled, combed out and set with Dry Bar Mai Tai Spritzer (thanks for the recommendation @sierrafallon!)

IMG_1848.jpg

Close up of lip:

IMG_1854.jpg

You are so good at pairing colors together...I love the look and how it pairs with your necklace.

Anonymous Insider

So pretty and fresh, I love all the subtle due chromes you used! @k617

Thank you @Anonymous !

@heartsmyface love the owl!

owl.jpg

I kept it natural today IMG_1498.JPG

@Blackwhiskey I always notice your amazing makeup, but today it's your EYES! You're stunning!

Off to change my hair today and I still haven't completely decided what I'm doing.  I finally got into the Anastasia Aurora palette and am in absolute love!  IMG_1338.JPG

IMG_1360.JPG

@heartsmyface I passed your hair doppelganger yesterday! She was a general doppelganger as well, though less striking, but definitely had your hair going on which is what caught my eye! I am excited to see what you do with your hair next. I am waffling on doing an all-over purple. It's something I've always wanted to do, but now might have to wait to get back into the arts/media field, as my current office might be a little unprepared for that change. 

@heartsmyface oh man, Japan, what a magical place! Owl Cafe! Vancouver has a cat cafe (catfe) now, and they have a pop-up puppy cafe from time to time. But owls! Goodness!

@NotCrocker Hehehe!  Here's my spirit animal.  I met this guy at an owl cafe in Japan..  we had an understanding. Evil owl be evilEvil owl be evil

@heartsmyface I take no moral objections to the reasoning you just went through. You may be the evil one, but clearly you are the best one. I will take care of it. One @heartsmyface will prevail!

@NotCrocker   If I ask you to take her out that makes me the evil doppelgänger.  But wouldn't I also be evil for being complacent in her existence? I feel like this is a test.  

Hehehe, you could always test the waters with some peekaboos;). Flash em off every now and then and see if you stir the coup!  Then laugh manically when they lose their feathers!  ....I think I'm the evil doppelgänger.  Take her out! 

@heartsmyface well I suspect that she is the evil doppelganger, so let me know if you want me to... take her out... next time I see her! 

And oooh, I really like the charcoal-purple combo! My stylist has these awesome dyes that don't require a 2-part process, which is awesome because my hair is super dark and would normally require 3 levels of lift for good colour. There are a couple really beautiful purples, so I am just deciding when I can make it happen. My office is 5 other people who are all 55+ and have all been here 20+ years. I already made a splash with my tattoos, I am not sure if they can handle the purple hair. I am looking for other opportunities, because despite them being lovely, I finished the big rebranding that I came in to do, and I want to get back into my creative sector (where purple hair is nothing of note).

@NotCrocker Ha, as long as they don't try coming for me!  Funny you mentioned purple cause that's one of my options.  Either charcoal, charcoal and purple or prurple and black.  Undecided.  Usually in these cases I get my hairdresser to surprise me.

i definitely wanna see you sporting purple hair!  Go for it!!   What are they gonna do?  It's hair and has nothing to do with your abilities. 

testing