poshified

#thatawkwardmoment #atsephora

[ Edited ]

Thought I'd start a non-makeup thread on those times inside a Sephora store when we've unknowingly been placed on the spot -- and possibly blushing every shade of pink one could imagine.

-During a recent trip, the employee who rang me up practically yelled, "You have XXXX points!!! Would you like to redeem anything from our display?" Needless to say, everyone standing around the register turned to look at me, and I could see the wheels turning in their heads as to how much I've spent. Clearly they've missed the memo that 4X points was a few months prior and that I'm a points hoarder.

-One pushy (borderline getting on my nerves) MUA asked which UD or YSL eyeshadow I had on, since the color was extremely vibrant and glittery on my eyes. It was neither but, in fact, a L'oreal Infallible. The plus side was that I was able to shop in peace after telling her that :smileyvery-happy:

Share away, folks!

mk2692

Re: #thatawkwardmoment #atsephora

When I first discovered makeup and had nothing more than an eyeliner and lipstick, I walked into a Sephora to get some "work appropriate" makeup. I wanted some low-maintenance tips to look alert and fresh. I got roped in by an Hourglass representative that told me in no uncertain terms that I *needed* full cover foundation, powder, blush, concealer etc after I explained that I am looking for an extremely natural, low maintenance solution. At the time, I had very clear, even skin. She proceeded to do my makeup, 1-2 shades slighter than my skintone and I looked terrible. She aged me 10 years (the shock of seeing all my fine lines brought to the surface was terrible!) and the makeup was extremely caked on. She added brushes to my list of must haves and was so rude and persistent, I started believing that I needed all of this stuff.

After purchasing the items (out of sheer gutlessness!), I returned everything untouched/unopened to another Sephora the next day. The SA actually asked me why I thought I needed all of these products because I looked great without them! This is why I love Sephora. You just gotta find the right person who understands your needs! I have no problem disagreeing with SAs anymore!

MissB417

Guess who **bleep** near half a shelf of Soap & Glory products on to the floor? 

YEP. I was trying to be cute by having my big Northface draped over my arm.

I humbly picked everything up and made my way back to the color section with my head hung low.

poshified

Oh no! I'd imagine that's a bit embarrassing. A lot of words are bleeped out, we don't think should be.

S n a t c h   is one of them.

MissB417

**bleep** is censored but **bleep** isn't. ok lol

MissB417

guess it is!

Now I'm talking to myself.

Goodnight everybody, LOL

killahbabe

My original insider account was set up with an e-mail address I had made when I was 12. It was during my punk-rock/goth phase so it was "anti-social" something-or-other "demon." I had only ever shopped at Sephora online because my closest store was an hour and a half away. So I was probably 21 the first time I shopped in store. Upon check out I was asked if I had a BI card. I said no but I had an account. Then she asked me my e-mail address so she could look it up. So I told her my e-mail address and she asks (really loudly): "is 'anti-social' one word or do you hyphenate it?" Obviously I'm super red-faced at this point. So without missing a beat the cashier offers up this random tidbit to me and says:  "I have a cat named Lucifer. Well, it's actually Lucy Furr." I could've died laughing!

poshified

(0) Hearts

Love the witty employees!

spacesuit

An awkward Sephora thing happened to me today, and I figure that this thread would be the best place to share it.

So this evening I checked how close I was to Rouge and it showed I was only around $30 away, so I figured I may as well go to the mall and get that taken care of in person to avoid paying for shipping. My local mall has both a freestanding Sephora and a JC Penney Sephora, and I went into the JC Penney Sephora because it was less busy. I thought I bought enough ($31 before tax) but the only thing their system showed was my points balance, so I made my purchase and went to the freestanding Sephora to see if they could help.

For some reason, it showed up that I was $20 more away from Rouge than I thought, so I walked around the whole store in an anxiety haze until I found something for $20 (an eyeliner). I paid for that, and then for some reason it said I was now $11 away from Rouge! At that point, the SA who was helping me called another one over and they tried to figure out what was going on, until the other SA just said "She's already spent over $1000 this year and she's going to spend more, just give her the card." and the way she said it made me so embarrassed! I think the other people in line heard too, yikes.

I'm just lucky that the store wasn't busy tonight, I would have felt so bad holding up a long line of frustrated holiday shoppers. But! I got my mini lipstick and now I get to wait for my account to update, and I have a whole year of free shipping and beauty consultations to look forward to.

poshified

(0) Hearts

Welcome to the shiny red Rouge club! I don't think people realize how loud they can be.

warriorwitch

Same for me, I was $28 from Rouge, and spent $50 in a SiJCP. The girl kept saying a didn't have enough because I only had 900 points... Eventually I just gave up and decided to wait till next time.

ChicDabbler

Yeah, the $$ to qualify for Rouge is such a tease. I had the same problem but ~$100 off. Three cheers for beauty addicts and congrats.

ilovetopurplefy

My mom is 50 :smileyhappy:

She's a bit older than my friends' parents. They're all in their early to mid forties. People don't believe her when she tells them she has 4 kids from the ages of  13-21 (my little brother is 13, my sister is 16, I'm 18 and my older brother is 21) because she looks so young. My mom's motto is "The best way to age is to age with grace." What she means is if you start to take very good care of yourself seriously from a young age, you won't need to use Botox, fillers and all that junk because you'll look and feel good. :smileyhappy:

Heatoyos1

Wow, I hope to be like that as I get older. :smileyhappy:

I can't believe that at 50, she gets mistaken for your sister--and you are 18. That is awesome! 

Sometimes men say that about my 60-something-year-old mom and I (I'm in my twenties), and while she does look good for her age, they are saying it to charm us rather than because they really believe it.

I love your mom's motto, too. No one can help aging, but some people look even better at 50 than they did at 20 or 30. And some 50 year-olds take care of themselves/are healthier than girls half their age.  

Which reminds me, I'm going to go to zumba later today and drink a lot of water. :smileyvery-happy:

latinadiva

On a more recent trip when I was using my 20% off coupon, I had picked up a Smashbox highlighter and when an employee asked if I wanted a basket, she said she loved that highlighter and pointed out that the new Smashbox Master Class set had a full size of that plus a ton more. I had zero intention of buying that palette but naturally as soon as she said that to me I was debating. For some reason I just could not make up my mind about it and was there forever trying to decide. She later approached me wanting to help, I said I'm doing fine blah blah. She finally approached me and was like "You've been here a while, is there anything I can do to help you make up your mind?" Uh thanks for making me feel like an idiot for shopping in the store for a long period of time lol

I had another moment after having not been at Sephora for probably a couple months, when I went in for the first time after that hiatus, an employee was like "Good to see you again!" Obviously she was just being nice, in my head it was like oh my gosh you know you have addiction problems when the associates have noticed you've been away!!!

EmmeXOXO

"You've been here a while, is there anything I can do to help you make up your mind?"

I didn't realize there was a time limit for shopping in Sephora. Does the SA realize that it sounds like she's asking you to leaveSomeone flunked Sales 101. 

I had my own "rude SA" moment, but I'm trying not to dwell on it. I know I've gotten more good SAs than bad ones, but unfortunately it's the bad experiences that stick with you longer.

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

I definitely felt like she was basically saying what can I do to get you the heck out of here lol

mafan

It's so odd the way things come out.  I bet she didn't mean it that way.  I know there are times when I'm debating between things that I just need to think.  And other times I really need to talk to someone about it -- what's really new here, what's the difference, etc, just for me to work it out myself.  Or maybe I do need some help deciding.  But yes, while she may have thought you looked a little uncertain and needed help, it does sound like she was trying to get you out of the place.

poshified

(0) Hearts

Which of the Smashbox did you end up getting? That was quite rude of her either way, and she should've given you time to decide on your own.

latinadiva

I ended up getting the full Master Class Palette and have to say I do not regret it. I embarrassingly got both Smashbox palettes for the holidays (one is Sephora only and one is Ulta only) and both are actually really great. For about $25 or so more (and that is NOT counting the 20% off) I finally felt like I could not pass it up. The real debate was that I had the Studio Pop, at least I think that is what it was called, from Ulta last year that was rumored to contain every trio Smashbox sells, but since this one had their reformulated shadows and I was able to confirm that it is not a repeat palette for me, I ended up feeling like I could not pass it up for the price. The only thing I will say is that the packaging is awful. My palette last year had a magnetic closure that worked perfectly fine. This one is supposed to magnetically close but it looks like the plastic is bent and therefore the magnets don't actually touch. I figured it was just mine, but when I was looking at reviews, everyone seemed to complain so since mine was not at least cracked, I kept with it. The Ulta packaging is BETTER, I was able to find one that closed, but I did find that some of them had the same problem with the plastic. But the product in both is amazing! AND the highlighter I was going to get is full size in the Sephora one, along with their other highlighter, also full size.

ilovetopurplefy

My mom's routine also involves her diet, exercise, and body skincare as well and it is pretty much the same thing at night except she switches day creams with night ones.

What she does first thing in the morning is she brushes her teeth. The areas of your body that are pathways for you to get sick are the genitals, eyes, nose, ears, mouth, and feet. Plus, nobody likes having stanky breath in the morning. Then she hops in the shower. She washes her face using her Clarisonic  (she uses the sensitive brush head) and the Mary Kay TimeWise 3-in-1 cleanser. After she gets out of the shower, she immediately applies her Ponds spot treatment cream and and lets it absorb for 2-3 minutes then she applies her Ponds daytime anti wrinkle and eye creams and lets those absorb for 5 minutes. After those have absorbed, she applies the Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 15.Her routine is the same at night except she switches day creams for night ones. She exfoliates 2x a week using the St. Ives Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub all over her body and her face. Then she uses the Mint Julep mask every Saturday, so once a week.

After she does her skin care routine, she just applies a very generous amount of  the Curex intensive healing lotion to her body (we both have super dry skin) and Lush Lemony Flutter to her hands and feet.  Then she gets dressed. When you really thoroughly moisturize your skin properly, it will look very healthy and will naturally glow.

Her diet consists of a lot of veggies and proteins, with some carbs (whole wheat, or whole grain only)and a very miniscule amount of sweets and nuts (peanuts, cashews,pistachio, those kinds) since they break her out.. She drinks a lot of water as well. Sometimes she adds the Airborne tablets to it or her tea. Before bed she likes to have a cup of peppermint, lemongrass, and green tea (she takes the 3 tea bags and steeps them all together) with no sugar and an Airborne tablet. Her before bed snack consists of her personal trail mix that is made up of roasted, unseasoned edamame, flaxseed, chia seed, sunflower seeds, and wasabi. She also doesn't fry anything at all. They are usually boiled,baked, or toasted and if there is any excess fat, it is drained.

For exercise, she runs on the treadmill, takes walks, wears ankle/ wrist weights and a weight vest. She also uses an exercise ball, and does a lot of core and leg workouts. She has a favorite Exercise youtuber but I don't know her name. She does this all at home because she felt more motivated to work out at home than go to a gym.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 148 replies
  • 388 hearts
  • 51 in conversation
    • itscarin
    • kenny
    • killahbabe
    • spoiledbrat
    • marydiva
    • misscg