poshified

#thatawkwardmoment #atsephora

[ Edited ]

Thought I'd start a non-makeup thread on those times inside a Sephora store when we've unknowingly been placed on the spot -- and possibly blushing every shade of pink one could imagine.

-During a recent trip, the employee who rang me up practically yelled, "You have XXXX points!!! Would you like to redeem anything from our display?" Needless to say, everyone standing around the register turned to look at me, and I could see the wheels turning in their heads as to how much I've spent. Clearly they've missed the memo that 4X points was a few months prior and that I'm a points hoarder.

-One pushy (borderline getting on my nerves) MUA asked which UD or YSL eyeshadow I had on, since the color was extremely vibrant and glittery on my eyes. It was neither but, in fact, a L'oreal Infallible. The plus side was that I was able to shop in peace after telling her that :smileyvery-happy:

Share away, folks!

poshified

Re: #thatawkwardmoment #atsephora

Thank you for sharing with us! :smileyhappy: It's very motivational.

Heatoyos1

[ Edited ]

How old is your mom, if it's not too rude to ask? 

That is awesome that her routine covers beauty, health, fitness and diet. 

I need to get into a better daily routine. 

IttyxBittyxMe

[ Edited ]

The most recent one was when I was in Sephora with my boyfriend. Now, if there's anything to know about my boyfriend it's that he dislikes shopping and reallllllyyyy doesn't like it when I go into Sephora because I can take awhile. I was curious about the NAKED3 palette release date for the store but everyone was either stocking or helping someone so I wanted to wait until they were done. He did not. So while sitting at the makeover station he calls out, mind you it's a really small JCP Sephora so the store was only but so big, "Excuse me, she needs some help over here!" If I could have turned red I probably would have. 

I was also a little embarrassed, but not really, when my mom came in one night to be color matched to the same Sephora (this was before that though). I had already been in the store maybe 20 minutes or so  when she got here (she took longer then anticipated). Now mind you, there are only three women in the store at the moment. All of which are behind the counter talking among themselves about personal matters. So when my mom did come in she didn't get a hello, how can I help you, etc. My mom really really really does not like bad customer service, it irks her. So we stood there for a moment talking, they're still talking, we walked around trying to find foundations she may have liked, they're still talking, so finally she goes over to them and says, "Excuse me, I hate to interrupt this very important conversation but we need some help if you don't mind." One of the  girls turned red and jumped to help us and the other two looked at her with not very nice faces. 

poshified

(0) Hearts

Props to your mom! I've been on the other end of that where I've had long convos with the SAs (who have now become good friends), but I usually am courteous enough to let them help the customers while I browse around some more. I definitely would hate to be a customer waiting while employees continue chit-chatting and completely being ignored :smileyhappy:

lilyyy

Good on your boyfriend and your mom. I think we can all learn from them to be more direct in asking for what we need.

Candy357

@lilyyy YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS hahahahahaha omg I am giggling so hard!!!

Candy357

I meant buy :smileytongue:

Candy357

omg I tell you it's like you wanna put your hand over their mouths and
say "SHUT THE F UP OK? You are giving away my addiction here!!!!!"
LOL

One of the guys goes to me, You just can't but one thing that's how you
became a Rouge!!!

I was like really??!?! I turned so red.

O.o

poshified

(0) Hearts

Haha he tells the truth. Embarrassing still!

lilyyy

[ Edited ]

I made this gif for you! :smileyvery-happy:

aqc8S2.gif

drrragon

How about when the cashier tries to interest you in a 500pt perk, and you already own all the full-size items (or several of each)?  Yup, that happens sometimes....

poshified

LOL! That is quite awesome! Which 500 pt perk was it? The Stila or Laura Mercier?

drrragon

(0) Hearts

this time it was the Smashbox :smileyvery-happy:

MermaidBarbie

[ Edited ]

The same thing occurred to me actually. :smileyvery-happy: She was practically yelling and said that I had well over a thousand points and I should pick up a 500 point perk. People in line and the other cashier were looking. I felt a little embarrassed, lol.

poshified

Right?! It's like we're all caught up with all the new 500 pt perks all thanks to BT, thanks but no thanks :smileyvery-happy:

ilovetopurplefy

[ Edited ]

When I was shopping with my mom one time ( it was shortly after my 17th birthday), we stopped in Sephora because I wanted to check out new products that just came in. I was wearing a shirt that looked exactly like the current cast member uniforms but in shirt form, black jeans,and my black UGGs. There was more people around than there normally was. I got asked by people so many times to help them in a span of 5 minutes that I felt that I had to leave as soon as possible. I got yelled at by the manager that my shift wasn't over when I did leave. I told her that I didn't work there but she didn't believe me.  My mom had to come over and tell her. Once she realized that I didn't work there, she turned bright red, and apologized profusely. I got a TON of samples that day :smileyvery-happy:

Before I left for college, I went to Sephora again with my mom. I bought a few things and decided to go around swatching stuff. One SA came up to my mom and I and asked us if we needed anything. My mom said she was looking for a new anti-aging face cream. The SA told my mom that she looks way to young to be buying anti- aging skincare. Then I go "No she isn't" The SA says "What are you talking about? She's your twin sister. You guys don't look more than 17." I then say " This is my mom..."  The SA's face was full of disbelief and she said " You're joking." and then I said "Nope she's my mom and she's old enough to be your mom too." My mom and I look so alike from the back and sometimes people confuse me for her or think we're sisters or twins because we look so much alike now that I'm getting older and I'm picking up a lot of her mannerisms. The other SA that was there is friend's mom and she said that the reason my mom looks really young is because she takes very good care of herself. What she said is so true. The SA that was helping us was shocked and was asking my mom what her routine was. It was so funny. :smileyhappy:

poshified

(0) Hearts

Now THAT is embarrassing! I'll be you never stepped foot wearing all black again :smileytongue:

marydiva

I wanna know your mom's routine too! :smileyvery-happy:

glamglitters

This makes me want to know your mom's routine haha and I'm only 18!

urbandecaybabe

I changed my email after I got a look from the woman behind the Sephora counter. Hey, the email was from when I was 14, of course it was dumb. :smileytongue:

I was also mistaken for a cast member not that long ago--I accidentally wore a red dress with a black shrug to Sephora. Not my brightest moment.

poshified

(0) Hearts

So no red dress with black shrug and no wearing all black while going to Sephora :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 148 replies
  • 388 hearts
  • 51 in conversation
    • itscarin
    • kenny
    • killahbabe
    • spoiledbrat
    • marydiva
    • misscg