poshified

#thatawkwardmoment #atsephora

[ Edited ]

Thought I'd start a non-makeup thread on those times inside a Sephora store when we've unknowingly been placed on the spot -- and possibly blushing every shade of pink one could imagine.

-During a recent trip, the employee who rang me up practically yelled, "You have XXXX points!!! Would you like to redeem anything from our display?" Needless to say, everyone standing around the register turned to look at me, and I could see the wheels turning in their heads as to how much I've spent. Clearly they've missed the memo that 4X points was a few months prior and that I'm a points hoarder.

-One pushy (borderline getting on my nerves) MUA asked which UD or YSL eyeshadow I had on, since the color was extremely vibrant and glittery on my eyes. It was neither but, in fact, a L'oreal Infallible. The plus side was that I was able to shop in peace after telling her that :smileyvery-happy:

Share away, folks!

misscg

Re: #thatawkwardmoment #atsephora

[ Edited ]

O gosh I do this too. An associate will help me out esp when I'm looking for skin care products and will tell me about stuff I already have and I'm like wow, really? Lol. 

I embarrassingly am the person who will walk through the checkout line looking for minis and travel size products just to try something new before I'm ready to check out. It's really funny when a line forms behind me and I'm like...oops I'm not on line.

cutiecocolove

yep. gotta brose through the mini and travel size products. i blame you osie maran argan oil for getting me to vib. ._.

AznAngelLiz

The same thing happened to me with the points.

I was checking out and hubby was right next to me. The associate said "Wow! You have XXX points, what are you saving for? A car?!?" OMG the look on my face...and then hubby chimed in with "With that many points, she's going to get a house!"....I think I ran out the store and left him behind. 

When we got in the car, he didn't understand why I was so embarrassed until I explained to him that 1 point = $1 and then the look on his face totally topped mine!

poshified

I think men should be banned from shopping with us at Sephora period, haha! I remember standing in line around this time last year with my VIB card in hand and the lady behind us asked what VIB stood for. My guy friend (unaware of his booming voice) replied, "Very Important Bit*h."

SallieSunshine

LOL  That's what my BF calls it. :smileyhappy:

MissB417

I just laughed REALLY hard, thank you!

SallieSunshine

Yes, I know exactly what you mean! Why is it so hard to say, "Yep, I have that one, I'm just going to browse for a bit"?! Next time I resolve to put on my big girl panties and 'fess up to everything I own or have tried and don't like! 

lilyyy

"Oh, I totally didn't buy that entire collection in one day or anything... please, tell me more about it."

lilyyy

HA! I thought I was the only person that does it. When cashier starts saying "you have... "

I rudely interrupt her (while smiling!) and say no thanks. Or I shake my head so she doesn't say the number out loud. 

poshified

Haha, I think the proper way for them to put it is, "You have enough points to redeem whatever you want from the display."

lilahtov

HA! Yes, everyone's happy. And your secret is safe :smileywink:

poshified

And all is well :smileyvery-happy:

spoiledbrat

Kenny, I do understand how you feel. Even when just spelling it, they shout it like they will receive a prize for solving the puzzle! :smileyvery-happy:  [it is not my business email :smileywink:]

kenny

I sometimes take a while to find my Sephora card, since I have way to many cards in my wallet. But then they ask me for my email, since they can look up my account that way... Unfortunately the email I give to stores was the one I made when I was in grade 4, needless to say it's pretty juvenile. I try to avoid giving it when I can :smileyhappy:

cutiecocolove

well duh. we just HAD to have that stupid email..... lol.

MoreGun89

My first email was cabooseluvsyou@hotmail.com...It's since been hacked and deactivated and all that, but.... I was really into Red Vs. Blue at the time...  I'm still a big Caboose fan >.>  (for those who don't know, Red vs. Blue is a series of short movies using the game Halo, about a red and blue team stuck in a desolate area.  They are all idiots in some manner.  And it starts stupid and just gets better and better)

Missie772

[ Edited ]

I think my old email was like pink_princess_4eva@hotmail.com or something like that. And then I "grew up" and changed it to a variation of mrs.jonathan.taylor.thomas@aol.com... I was so mature back then huh???

poshified

A JTT Throwback! :smileywink:

upload_3542284362536911648.jpg

Missie772

Posh- You leave my man alone! JTT IS MINE!!! :smileyvery-happy:

poshified

We'll have to double date. You get JTT, and I take Devon Sawa! :smileywink:

upload_7863431130707835056.jpg

lilyyy